Sorry Old School Rush Fans.....

presto123

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (presto123 @ Apr 19 2012, 03:39 AM)
but Headlong Flight makes 2112 sound downright wimpy. I am stunned the boys could pull this off at this stage in the game 1022.gif  2.gif

fing.gif fing.gif fing.gif fing.gif no.gif no.gif no.gif dazed025.gif dazed025.gif dazed025.gif dazed025.gif dazed025.gif dazed025.gif trink39.gif fing.gif no.gif no.gif no.gif no.gif no.gif no.gif no.gif no.gif no.gif no.gif

healdong flight is great tune, no doubt. but it's not full of angst and determination that launched a band into immortatilty, now is it?

NO music can make 2112 sound wimpy- besides, wimpy is Popey's moochy friend.

It's an apples to oranges comparison. Considering the time of recording for 2112 and the technology at the time, it is by no means whimpy. Headlong Flight sure as hell kicks butt but you couldn't have recorded it back then because it's more complex. But imagine re-recording 2112 today and how it would sound.

I think you feel like that because it's brand new and you are all jacked up about it. I am also but once it's not so new you prob won't feel like that

Sorry Bud. 2112 is immortal. Headlong flight is great. Definitely the best song since Counterparts (and maybe even further back then that) but, It's not even on the same planet as Natural Science, Hemispheres, La Villa, or 2112.

That said, your opinion is valid. You can like HF more than 2112, but you will find very few people who will agree with you. I know I won't. wink.gif

I love 2112. I love Headlong Flight. They were recorded 35 years apart from each other. Of course 2112 is going to sound wimpy compared to the latest technologies that are at their disposal now. And while loud may not mean good, HLF is loud and good (if not very good).

To add, 2112 is a classic and is incomparable no matter how great Clockwork Angels may be.

Edited by HeadlongMark

QUOTE (presto123 @ Apr 19 2012, 04:39 AM)
but Headlong Flight makes 2112 sound downright wimpy. I am stunned the boys could pull this off at this stage in the game 1022.gif 2.gif

You are a bit over zealous perhaps.

QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 19 2012, 11:34 AM)
I think you feel like that because it's brand new and you are all jacked up about it. I am also but once it's not so new you prob won't feel like that

And you might not think it's metal any more. ohmy.gif

That gives me an idea for a new poll!

OK, not really. tongue.gif

QUOTE (presto123 @ Apr 19 2012, 03:39 AM)
but Headlong Flight makes 2112 sound downright wimpy. I am stunned the boys could pull this off at this stage in the game 1022.gif 2.gif

You should have clarified that you were referring to the second side of 2112 and not the first. tongue.gif

One should not declare a brand new song as the greatest thing ever in haste.

QUOTE (trenken @ Apr 19 2012, 10:41 AM)
Well I'm sure relieved to see not too many people agree with this one. 2112 is all kinds of unequaled badassery. 3 hungry musicians in their early 20's... that can't be matched.

I think they sound pretty hungry still. At least as hungry as any band out there. We have to go a long way back to get the same energy in their songs. They sound still as they were in their twenties.

Please name another band, any age, that have sounded THAT hungry lately.

.....I know, Accept on their new album Stalingrad! 1022.gif 1022.gif

I appreciate the enthusiasm behind this thread! Very refreshing to hear someone else around here is jacked up about HF!

HF rocks, pure and simple!

Not quite 2112 of course, but i don't think Presto really meant that either.

I don't know of very many tunes...by anyone...Rush or otherwise...that kicks as much ass as 2112 does during The Grand Finale. 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

That is all.

QUOTE (presto123 @ Apr 19 2012, 01:39 AM)

your enthusiasm is admirable, but once the fresh new car smell of HF wears off, you might come down to earth a little bit. wink.gif