OH MY GOD!

GangsterOnBoats

QUOTE (Xanadoood @ Apr 18 2012, 01:18 PM)
QUOTE (trenken @ Apr 18 2012, 01:15 PM)
QUOTE (Silas Lang @ Apr 18 2012, 01:13 PM)
QUOTE (trenken @ Apr 18 2012, 12:53 PM)

Songs that arent catchy dont get a lot of radio play. Most people arent impressed by busy playing unless they're musicians. The average listener likes songs that sound good to them and great melodies are what does that.

That was my complain about this song. The vocals are so forgettable.

Not really. This post, however, is entirely forgettable.

You're right, noone likes good melodies these days.

You could say the same about The Mars Volta and even Radiohead...I cant understand a damn word they are saying half the time, but the music is interesting. That's really all that matters for me..this isn't Adele we are talking about smile.gif

yes.gif

QUOTE (Xanadoood @ Apr 18 2012, 01:18 PM)

Songs that arent catchy dont get a lot of radio play. Most people arent impressed by busy playing unless they're musicians. The average listener likes songs that sound good to them and great melodies are what does that.

You could say the same about The Mars Volta and even Radiohead...I cant understand a damn word they are saying half the time, but the music is interesting. That's really all that matters for me..this isn't Adele we are talking about smile.gif

I understand what you mean, but IMO, one of Rush's best qualities is that you can understand what Geddy is singing. Nearly every single song....... 1022.gif

QUOTE (CrossedSignals @ Apr 18 2012, 01:18 PM)

I get the impression that the vocal part was worked into the music after the fact, because the two don't mesh incredibly well, but I could be wrong.

Thats usually how songs are written though. You have to write the vocals later. You cant write vocals first, then the music. Doesnt work too well that day.

The issue is anyone who writes songs here knows it really does take serious effort to write an entire song, then fit some vocals perfect over it. Anyones capable of doing this really well, it just depends on how much time you put into it.

If its rushed then you get something that sounds awkward and forgettable which is what Im hearing here. Good music, shit vocal melodies. They could be MUCH better. The dude from Mars Volta is fantastic at writing really great vocal melodies over odd music, but he's said it takes him a long time. Listen to this music, its strange, but the vocals are completely awesome. Takes time to come up with this stuff.

QUOTE (presto123 @ Apr 18 2012, 02:25 PM)
This is horrible. Flash player won't install on my computer for some reason and it's not on youtube yet. I have yet to hear the song:(

Do you want to call me and I'll play it over the phone?

Seriously though I hope you get that straightened out. sad.gif

Yeah, and no one likes to turn around and see someone pissing in the house plants at a great party. What was my point? The bathroom is to your left. laugh.gif

QUOTE (trenken @ Apr 18 2012, 10:57 AM)
Opinions. Deal with it or turn your computer off. You dont live in a world where everyone has to like the same shit. Rush fans are hilariously biased and delusional.

Except for you, of course? The lone voice of reason and sanity in a wilderness of bias and delusion? eh.gif