OH MY GOD!

GangsterOnBoats

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Apr 18 2012, 02:06 PM)
QUOTE (trenken @ Apr 18 2012, 03:01 PM)
Shoot me.

To further my time machine fantasy... if I had a time machine I would realize that you are an attention staved whiny little bitch who somehow feels persecuted on this thread for going ON and ON about your dislike of this song and I never would have engaged you in 'conversation' to begin with.

Better late than never! *disengage troll sequence activated*

Have a nice life!

bekloppt.gif

When did I ever ask for attention? All I did was post my opinion.

So let me get this straight. A song comes out, some like it (which is allowed here), some don't (not allowed).

Those that do like it can say so over and over. That that dont like it cannot express that and are labeled trolls. I believe you have used about 7 posts to say how much you likes this song. I originally posted maybe twice about the vocal melodies before I started getting attacked.

I got all the right so far about how it works around here? Here's an idea, grow up, let people have and share their opinions and stop crying every time they post. Ignore me if you want, it's really not difficult. I never said shit until you sensitive nuts started jumping up my ass. I didnt want any of that, I wanted to share my opinion. You could have read it and skipped right on by, like I do with every post I disagree with.

Basically Im acting mature and you're being a f***ing baby attacking me constantly. What are you 10 years old?

Edited by trenken

QUOTE (brunosamppa @ Apr 18 2012, 03:08 PM)
Afraid, man

one of the Bernie recent work:

http://www.dr.loudness-war.info/details.php?id=16704

eh.gif

I know nothing of the master "masters". I pinged Chycki to ask about the quality of the clip but he didn't respond.

We'll know tomorrow I guess, but my gut tells me that after what the band went through with Vapor Trails they would not make a similar mistake again. Prediction? Spotless.

The big question is does it matter whether or not somebody likes it or dislikes it?

I think the song is fine, personally. However, if I didn't like it, I would say so. If somebody is worried about why somebody else dislikes or likes a song, then that person has issues.

Am so stoked for the new album, it's been long enlough! 653.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Apr 18 2012, 03:15 PM)
The big question is does it matter whether or not somebody likes it or dislikes it?

I think the song is fine, personally. However, if I didn't like it, I would say so. If somebody is worried about why somebody else dislikes or likes a song, then that person has issues.

goodpost.gif

Agreed. To be fair, I do think some people get too much flack for negative feedback.

Trust me...I'm a fanboi, and I see alot of negative comments about songs I love (Neurotica!).

The bottom line is...most people seem to be loving this song. Not everyone will feel this way...but I am excited that most of us do. Rush is still able to deliver after all these years! That's the best part! yes.gif

QUOTE (anchorman @ Apr 18 2012, 02:02 PM)
This song kicks ass and is already better than Caravan and BU2B IMO. I'm excited about what the other tunes sound like.

I don't care about lyrics anymore so I've got NO complaints.

It is definitely better than Caravan AND BU2B!

Why does it sound so compressed? More so than Caravan/BU2B? If the entire album is like this... I dunno if I'll enjoy the mixing. Alex's solo sounds very noodly, I can barely hear it. Maybe I need to listen to it on a different sound system. I DO dig the song but I'm not experiencing an eargasm quite yet! tongue.gif

Edited by Alchemical

QUOTE (Alchemical @ Apr 18 2012, 02:32 PM)
Why does it sound so compressed? More so than Caravan BU2B? If the entire album is like this... I dunno if I'll enjoy the mixing. Alex's solo sounds very noodly, I can barely hear it. Maybe I need to listen to it on a different sound system. I DO dig the song but I'm not experiencing an eargasm quite yet! tongue.gif

Probably because it's a shit digital copy?

QUOTE (Alchemical @ Apr 18 2012, 03:32 PM)
Why does it sound so compressed? More so than Caravan BU2B? If the entire album is like this... I dunno if I'll enjoy the mixing. Alex's solo sounds very noodly, I can barely hear it. Maybe I need to listen to it on a different sound system. I DO dig the song but I'm not experiencing an eargasm quite yet! tongue.gif

because it's a highly compressed stream.

QUOTE (Cygnus The God Of Balance @ Apr 18 2012, 01:59 PM)
I've listened about 10 times now. Personally, I love the song. It's heavy, it's longer, and it has several different parts to it. Plus, I hear bits and pieces of other albums in this song. There's definitely a lot of S&A feel to it (like bits of TMMB and harmonies like Good News First), plus I hear a little Natural Science in there too.

I think it's a killer track. Nice to hear the boys rockin' it out even as they near 60!

AWESOME!!!

I should add there's some By-tor in there too during Alex's solo.

Ok, I have one (small) criticism. I think Geddy sounds like Daffy Duck every time he sings the word "fight". Am I the only one who hears this???

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Apr 18 2012, 01:58 PM)

We spoiled all the "surprises" we expected for tomorrow. How long before the remorse kicks in?  laugh.gif

Godeater

whats this "we' stuff, you're the one hooked up to the Rush i v. biggrin.gif

Thanks for you efforts on this thread and the tour dates. i hope your wrong on the no Milwaukee date and the Vegas date but i dont think you are.

It sounds that way because it's a very heavily compressed internet stream. The official downloadable version (and more so, the album) will sound much better. smile.gif

QUOTE (Cygnus The God Of Balance @ Apr 18 2012, 03:33 PM)
Ok, I have one (small) criticism. I think Geddy sounds like Daffy Duck every time he sings the word "fight". Am I the only one who hears this???

I didn't notice it and now I won't listen to the song for a little while until I forgot what you said. Don't want to be scarred for life with this song, cuz I'm loving it so much!

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Apr 18 2012, 02:35 PM)
Ok, I have one (small) criticism.  I think Geddy sounds like Daffy Duck every time he sings the word "fight".  Am I the only one who hears this???

I didn't notice it and now I won't listen to the song for a little while until I forgot what you said. Don't want to be scarred for life with this song, cuz I'm loving it so much!

I don't notice it at all.

QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Apr 18 2012, 03:40 PM)
1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

OH MY GOSH THIS IS AMAZING!!!!!!!

This is definitely way better than S&A! yes.gif 1022.gif

RUSH is back! 1022.gif

I really can't say that until I hear the rest of it...

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Apr 18 2012, 01:35 PM)
Why does it sound so compressed? More so than Caravan BU2B? If the entire album is like this... I dunno if I'll enjoy the mixing. Alex's solo sounds very noodly, I can barely hear it. Maybe I need to listen to it on a different sound system. I DO dig the song but I'm not experiencing an eargasm quite yet!  tongue.gif

It sounds that way because it's a very heavily compressed internet stream. The official downloadable version (and more so, the album) will sound much better. smile.gif

And the 96kHz/24-bit version will be even better than that. Much better.

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Apr 18 2012, 02:35 PM)
Ok, I have one (small) criticism.  I think Geddy sounds like Daffy Duck every time he sings the word "fight".  Am I the only one who hears this???

I didn't want to ruin it for anyone. I still love the song. It is killer! Geddy's bass line is off the chain!!

You know what kicks ass? Listening to Caravan, BU2B and Headlong Flight right in a row. F Yeah!

I recorded the streaming version, just in case it got yanked down, then put them together, used my label printer to print the "clock face" and . . . awwww yeah. Dig it.

By the way, all you folks asking how do I get it on an iPod - it's not that hard. Audacity -> record stereo mix -> export. Yes the audio quality is crappy, but I now have a CD in my truck for the ride home. Booyah! (My own personal copy, of course, and I will purchase as soon as available, of course.)

I like and hope the whole album is different than S&A, not because I don't like that album, but because every RUSH record should have its own fingerprint. The more different it sounds, the more Snakes & Arrows has its own corner in the picture.

As it should be...

QUOTE (Rush-O-Matic @ Apr 18 2012, 02:45 PM)
By the way, all you folks asking how do I get it on an iPod - it's not that hard. Audacity -> record stereo mix -> export. Yes the audio quality is crappy, but I now have a CD in my truck for the ride home. Booyah! (My own personal copy, of course, and I will purchase as soon as available, of course.)

Not all sound cards allow for stereo mix. Mine doesn't. The only way I'll be able to record the song is to go home and use my double ended 1/8" audio jack and connect the headphones output to the mic input and record like that. I did the same thing to convert the Rush in Rio DVD to audio.