Preorder or buy on sight?

Motorshooter

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I pre-ordered through Amazon with PRIME shipping.

If it's not here by monday the 11th I'll just buy it on iTunes at midnight as well. I have a boatload of iTunes credit that I bought over the holidays at a discount so it's not that big of a deal to buy this one twice.

QUOTE (Merely Space @ Apr 11 2012, 02:53 PM)
I like to touch something before I buy it, so I rarely preorder. Plus, I like the thrill of the chase that comes from tracking it down on release day.

I used to love the thrill of the chase... finding which store would be open at midnight to pick it up as soon as possible etc... but with gas at $4/gallon I'll let UPS deliver it to me smile.gif

I ordered two of the UK fan packs, one of which will end up on eBay in a few months. I also pre-ordered the album from Amazon, and I'm keeping that order in place because I don't know how the shipping from the UK will affect things. Will I get my fan packs the day of release? Earlier? Later? Who can say? So, I'm keeping the Amazon pre-order because I'll likely end up paying $10 for it and it'll be at my house on the day of release.

I might buy it through iTunes at midnight, but... we'll see. I'll be downloading it before that whenever it leaks, so playing for another digital version seems silly.

And considering I'm buying the album 3 times (at least - maybe 4 if there's vinyl, maybe 5 if there's a 5.1 version), I don't expect to get any crap from anyone about downloading a leak wink.gif

Pre-ordered the UK fan pack.

Will be hitting I-Tunes at Midnight on the release date, so I can crank it at the Gym, plus I may drop coin on any US special edition (s).... Best Buy usually do exclusives on Rush.

Shameless fanboy since 87...and I really don't care!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Day of

pre order UK fan pack....

if not here on release date, I'll get to store and buy a second copy, then donate to the library.

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Apr 11 2012, 02:38 PM)
I'll buy on site this time.  I never get my shit on time or early, like some.  Never.  I end up going to Best Buy and getting ANOTHER copy like a sucker.

Hey now, turn that frown upsidedown! I'm sure you've helped Rush eke out an extra couple of gold records they might not have otherwise gotten.

Edited by Merely Space