April 19th New Single Released

Ya_Big_Tree

Well typically bands release singles 2 months before the album drop date to incite hype... with this album the hype has been growing since they released the first 2 singles. Which apparently have been tweaked for the final cut of the album.

Once this new single is released I think the hype for this album is just going to explode till we finally get the new album in our hot lil hands. biggrin.gif

Apparently the entire album is pretty heavy. Can't wait to hear it!

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Mar 30 2012, 12:56 PM)
Well typically bands release singles 2 months before the album drop date to incite hype... with this album the hype has been growing since they released the first 2 singles. Which apparently have been tweaked for the final cut of the album.

Once this new single is released I think the hype for this album is just going to explode till we finally get the new album in our hot lil hands. biggrin.gif

Heavy is Good! I'm really psyched about this one! Last time I was this Hyped about an album was HYF!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Mar 30 2012, 07:00 PM)

Heavy is Good! I'm really psyched about this one! Last time I was this Hyped about an album was HYF!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

And look how that turned out fing.gif

can someone explain to me how, in this fast and furious digital age, this single, from production to general public release, is taking so long?

i mean i just about get why the whole album has taken an eternity, its an artistic thing it'll happen when when it happens... but the single's cooked, its made, done, a finished thing etc etc.... so why not put it out for general download? why do we have to wait more f***ing WEEKS for f**k's sakes smile.gif

Edited by lifeson90

QUOTE (lifeson90 @ Mar 30 2012, 01:24 PM)
can someone explain to me how, in this fast and furious digital age, this single, from production to general public release, is taking so long?

i mean i just about get why the whole album has taken an eternity, its an artistic thing it'll happen when when it happens... but the single's cooked, its made, done, a finished thing etc etc.... so why not put it out for general download? why do we have to wait more f***ing WEEKS for f**k's sakes  smile.gif

The band has literally nothing to do with this end of it. This is getting into the business side of things that the band has no control over. The record company decides when to release singles, and they have prep work to do before that.

You think this is bad? The Mars Volta finish their recent album last October. The record company wanted to wait to release it. It just came out on Monday. They sat on a finished album for 5 months.

The entire time the band said they didnt know when it was coming out, that it wasnt up to them and Warner Bros were just getting everything ready on their end. Flash banners to play on the internet, website updates, youtube commercials, prepping everything with itunes, getting all the CDs printed, etc... all that promo shit needs to be built. It's called a campaign. There is a LOT that goes on behind the scenes.

Edited by trenken

Heavy is indeed good......although I hope they don't sacrifice melody for heaviness. I love to headbang, but I also love a good groove..... 1022.gif

QUOTE (Mara @ Mar 30 2012, 03:09 PM)
I'm slightly torqued that the first listen we'll get is the edited version on radio. But better that than nothing, I suppose.

Same here. The song is 7-1/2 minutes long for a reason -- it probably has some really cool jam stuff going on, which will be the best part of the song for most of us, and they'll probably trim that stuff out.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Mar 30 2012, 03:33 PM)
Apparently the entire album is pretty heavy

Now you're talking munchkin...

1022.gif

BTW Tree..not to hijack...but who is that blonde in your sig...i have seen her before, but just can place where??