pre-order on amazon

RUSHFREAK101

QUOTE (Presto-a RUSH fan! @ Mar 13 2012, 01:18 PM)
QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Mar 13 2012, 04:55 PM)
QUOTE (danielmclark @ Mar 13 2012, 03:38 PM)
QUOTE (HigherWater @ Mar 13 2012, 01:53 PM)
We call them secretive out of one side of our mouths and acknowledge that they are a business out of the other.

Rush are VERY media savvy. Neil is a post-a-holic on his site. Ged and Alex were mugging for every cable interview under the sun three months ago and as I look back, they have been very consistent about web updates.

I don't think I'm reading too much into this at all. We have an album that is WAY overdue, release dates being pulled and a band unwilling to update its fanbase through any media source.

I absolutely think that now is the time to panic.

Mmm. Okay. What's the most valuable company around these days? The company that has billions in the bank, the one making massive profits quarter after quarter, year after year. Apple. What's the most secretive company in the history of everything ever? Damn right it's Apple laugh.gif

Being in business and being secretive are not mutually exclusive. We've just been trained to think they are by companies so desperate for attention that they tried to make news for insignificant things over the years. Apple does a couple of events a year, not much in between, and look where they are now.

Not that Rush is the Apple of the music business, but come on... panic? Really? That's the reaction to not having a post up at Rush.com in about a month? OMG the sky is falling, it's time to panic?

goodpost.gif

Just a sign of the times. With today's instant gratification with iPhones, iTouch, iPad, smart phones, text messaging, etc.... people have instant access to anything or anyone.

To be in "panic mode" sounds absolutely crazy to me. What ever happened to patience? Is this really the only thing going on in your life to focus on? People need to relax.

As Mr. Incredible said... "We'll get there... when we get there!!!"

goodpost.gif

I want CA to come out as much as anyone, but seriously, it will come out. So let's say it gets pushed back to July. Is it really that big of a deal? Again, I am tired of waiting and excited as all-get-out for CA, but we are on the cusp of this thing being released. What is the big deal of waiting a little longer.

Let's say they release it in May and the mixing is bad like on VT. The amount of threads and posts ripping RUSH for "rushing" the album out without fixing the problems would overload TRF and probably crash the servers!

So for the love of RUSH, just relax and have some patience. It's not like we don't have 19 studio albums, 2 songs of CA and numerous live albums and DVDs to tide us over. Again, I am as excited as anyone for CA to come out but it's time to "panic"? Really? confused13.gif

Edited for bad grammar

This man has the right idea. We're not exactly talking about SMiLE or Detox here.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (thizzellewashington @ Mar 13 2012, 05:32 PM)
QUOTE (Presto-a RUSH fan! @ Mar 13 2012, 01:18 PM)
QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Mar 13 2012, 04:55 PM)
QUOTE (danielmclark @ Mar 13 2012, 03:38 PM)
QUOTE (HigherWater @ Mar 13 2012, 01:53 PM)
We call them secretive out of one side of our mouths and acknowledge that they are a business out of the other.

Rush are VERY media savvy. Neil is a post-a-holic on his site. Ged and Alex were mugging for every cable interview under the sun three months ago and as I look back, they have been very consistent about web updates.

I don't think I'm reading too much into this at all. We have an album that is WAY overdue, release dates being pulled and a band unwilling to update its fanbase through any media source.

I absolutely think that now is the time to panic.

Mmm. Okay. What's the most valuable company around these days? The company that has billions in the bank, the one making massive profits quarter after quarter, year after year. Apple. What's the most secretive company in the history of everything ever? Damn right it's Apple laugh.gif

Being in business and being secretive are not mutually exclusive. We've just been trained to think they are by companies so desperate for attention that they tried to make news for insignificant things over the years. Apple does a couple of events a year, not much in between, and look where they are now.

Not that Rush is the Apple of the music business, but come on... panic? Really? That's the reaction to not having a post up at Rush.com in about a month? OMG the sky is falling, it's time to panic?

goodpost.gif

Just a sign of the times. With today's instant gratification with iPhones, iTouch, iPad, smart phones, text messaging, etc.... people have instant access to anything or anyone.

To be in "panic mode" sounds absolutely crazy to me. What ever happened to patience? Is this really the only thing going on in your life to focus on? People need to relax.

As Mr. Incredible said... "We'll get there... when we get there!!!"

goodpost.gif

I want CA to come out as much as anyone, but seriously, it will come out. So let's say it gets pushed back to July. Is it really that big of a deal? Again, I am tired of waiting and excited as all-get-out for CA, but we are on the cusp of this thing being released. What is the big deal of waiting a little longer.

Let's say they release it in May and the mixing is bad like on VT. The amount of threads and posts ripping RUSH for "rushing" the album out without fixing the problems would overload TRF and probably crash the servers!

So for the love of RUSH, just relax and have some patience. It's not like we don't have 19 studio albums, 2 songs of CA and numerous live albums and DVDs to tide us over. Again, I am as excited as anyone for CA to come out but it's time to "panic"? Really? confused13.gif

Edited for bad grammar

This man has the right idea. We're not exactly talking about SMiLE or Detox here.

It's rediculous to compare Apple's product to Rush. While I agree with much of what you've said, the computer hardware/software industry is very different from the aging hard rock star industry. There is absolutely NO reason for Rush to keep their release a secret--- They are competing with no one. On the contrary Apple has dozens of companies nipping at their heals every day.

Now to the point that Rush released the Far Cry clip in mid Feb with a May release. Let's not forget: That was all 2007. BU2B and Caravan were released over a year ago. I don't care what you all say, this is strange even for a band as "secretive" as Rush. Rush should be planning their Summer tour schedule right now. People are tapping out as we speak in terms of disposable income. I've already dropped coin on Maiden, Van Halen and Radiohead. If the album was CLOSE to ready they would be announcing a tour in order to cash in before the well is dry. This is how the game is played. Hell, I just paid $200 for a show on August 13th!

I know I peddling uphill on this argument but that's okay. The world needs its pessimists.

Edited for drinking too many Old Chubs!

Edited by HigherWater

I have no argument besides: I'm SICK of waiting for this.

It's getting to the point where they're just pissing me off now, and I wouldn't have expected this behavior from Rush... ignoring their fans like this.

They gotta know we're dying for some info by now, the least they could do is say anything.

QUOTE (Tigershark2112 @ Mar 13 2012, 09:14 PM)

It's getting to the point where they're just pissing me off now, and I wouldn't have expected this behavior from Rush... ignoring their fans like this.
They gotta know we're dying for some info by now, the least they could do is say anything.

I almost agree with you. As long as they have made us wait they could at the very least give us an "announcement coming soon" or something. confused13.gif

This might be a re-post, but did anyone notice the one "review" of CA?

"I can't believe Rush is getting another new album. They just got one last year. I cannot wait until the concert. I hope Rush is coming to Cleveland! They probably are because that was the first place they settled in after they moved from Canada. Go Rush! "

icon_really_happy_guy.gif

Edited by Django

LOL - thanks for proving my previous point.

And... no offense... who are you to suggest the band owes you something? confused13.gif

LOL...Jesus Christ....LOL. rofl3.gif

maybe rent a movie or something...LOL. wacko.gif beathorse.gif

If you REALLY want me to answer your question, which I'm not sure that I OWE YOU an actual answer, I'd say the band owes it to us fans after saying that the album was supposed to come out Fall/Winter 2010 (MONTHS after the first 2 singles were released). I was patient for it because they did a 2nd leg of the Time Machine Tour (which was wonderful) and then claiming that it would be out Fall/Winter 2011 after the tour was completely over. Still waited patiently, then they said the album was finished around January. Knowing how the music biz usually goes, that means the band should have had no problem getting it out by now, or at the very least (which is all I'm asking for) just say WHY it's taking so long.

I know this argument goes round and round, as everyone has different opinions, but I don't think a statement from the band is too much to ask for, really. And they sorta owe us fans the decency of saying something because we do buy their albums/concert tickets and we're very loyal fans just as they should be loyal to us. I didn't really want to get into all this cause I'm just saying a bunch of things that many other threads have already been through, but here it is, since you asked.

The bottom line is: I'm expressing my views, don't care if you agree or not. But I AM allowed to express the way I feel about this. And if i have certain feelings, I say them. I didn't know I was stepping on anyone's toes by saying how I feel about this situation and I certainly didn't mean to. If you feel differently, great, you're a better man than I. But it's not gonna change the fact that I'm SICK of waiting for this album. There.

QUOTE (Tigershark2112 @ Mar 14 2012, 10:10 AM)
If you REALLY want me to answer your question, which I'm not sure that I OWE YOU an actual answer, I'd say the band owes it to us fans after saying that the album was supposed to come out Fall/Winter 2010 (MONTHS after the first 2 singles were released). I was patient for it because they did a 2nd leg of the Time Machine Tour (which was wonderful) and then claiming that it would be out Fall/Winter 2011 after the tour was completely over. Still waited patiently, then they said the album was finished around January. Knowing how the music biz usually goes, that means the band should have had no problem getting it out by now, or at the very least (which is all I'm asking for) just say WHY it's taking so long.
I know this argument goes round and round, as everyone has different opinions, but I don't think a statement from the band is too much to ask for, really. And they sorta owe us fans the decency of saying something because we do buy their albums/concert tickets and we're very loyal fans just as they should be loyal to us. I didn't really want to get into all this cause I'm just saying a bunch of things that many other threads have already been through, but here it is, since you asked.

The bottom line is: I'm expressing my views, don't care if you agree or not. But I AM allowed to express the way I feel about this. And if i have certain feelings, I say them. I didn't know I was stepping on anyone's toes by saying how I feel about this situation and I certainly didn't mean to. If you feel differently, great, you're a better man than I. But it's not gonna change the fact that I'm SICK of waiting for this album. There.

No one has thought that maybe it's not RUSH but the record company thats delaying the release to make their 2nd quarter look better, knowng we are all going to Rush out and buy the damn album regardless of the date!

cool10.gif

QUOTE (Tigershark2112 @ Mar 15 2012, 12:10 AM)

I don't think I'm better than you but you're definitely funnier than I am. pokey.gif

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Mar 8 2012, 03:43 AM)
$20 for a cd? laugh.gif if this is true the rest of the album has to be amazing and so far they are 0 for 2.

It's not unusual out here to pay that much for a new cd. In fact, (whether you bought it on the first day, pre-ordered, or waited 2 months) I'd say 20 bucks would be cheap if you bought it straight from any shop.

I find it interesting that no one has been FREAKING out that 2.gif practically announced with the Amazon thing that May 29th was the release date.

Forgive me if I missed that. I just think that it's really exciting news. The fact that someone is writing a book to go along with the album smacks of a return to the prog songwriting that's been missing from Rush's work in the last 20 years.

It's a good time to be a Rush fan, that's for sure.

--Kent trink39.gif

Unless you're guaranteed to get it on (or before) the release date, why would a hardcore fan preorder a CD from an online retailer? Here's my prediction: a handful of people will preorder it from Amazon but it won't arrive until a few days after the release date and they'll be here bitching about it. "Where the hell is my damn CD?!"

Save yourself the headache and just go get it from a store the day it's released. No fuss, no muss.

QUOTE (TheBluePhoenix @ Mar 22 2012, 10:01 AM)
Unless you're guaranteed to get it on (or before) the release date, why would a hardcore fan preorder a CD from an online retailer? Here's my prediction: a handful of people will preorder it from Amazon but it won't arrive until a few days after the release date and they'll be here bitching about it. "Where the hell is my damn CD?!"

Save yourself the headache and just go get it from a store the day it's released. No fuss, no muss.

There's as much of a guarantee that you'll get it on release day from Amazon as there is that your local shops will have it in stock on release day: none. No guarantee in either case. I've been to shops in the past that didn't have things on release day, usually because the shipping company screwed up and got to the shops a day late. It's rare, but it happens. Just like Amazon.

QUOTE (Perchance to Dream @ Mar 22 2012, 11:23 AM)
I'll pick mine up in person. 5.1 would be nice. We'll see.

2.gif

Yeah, If they have the 5.1 with the same " Making of the cd" video as Snakes and Arrows would be nice!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Mar 22 2012, 11:07 AM)
QUOTE (Perchance to Dream @ Mar 22 2012, 11:23 AM)
I'll pick mine up in person.  5.1 would be nice.  We'll see.

2.gif

Yeah, If they have the 5.1 with the same " Making of the cd" video as Snakes and Arrows would be nice!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

I *love* that SNA set. Music aside, just speaking of the format, I think it's fantastic. Totally worth the extra money and I'll buy that kind of thing again in a heartbeat if it's offered for CA. yes.gif