• Male - Drive on the Left hand side of the road with Both hands
    • Female - Drive on the Right hand side of the road with my Left hand
    • Female - Drive on the Right hand side of the road with my Right hand
    • Female - Drive on the Right hand side of the road with Both hands
    • Female - Drive on the Left hand side of the road with my Left hand
    • Female - Drive on the Left hand side of the road with my Right hand
    • Female - Drive on the Left hand side of the road with Both hands
    • I don't drive

Seems to me that which hand is dominant really doesn't play into driving much, and was curious if my observation (here in the US) of others is true.

My observation leads me to believe that no matter if you're right or left handed, many guys drive with their left hand here in the states - good for manual transmission, and you have the window sill to rest your elbow on. I see many women driving with both hands.

Don't know how this will translate to the UK... will it be more guys driving with their right hand and women using both hands??

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Feb 17 2012, 10:12 AM)
Automatic transmission in my car, drive with right hand. I'm usually giving other drivers the finger with my left hand. It's a New York thing. wink.gif

LOL

I have always had auto transmission, but taught myself to drive with my left hand to be able to hold my girlfriend's hand while I drove. biggrin.gif

I drive with my hand at the top of the wheel,

alternating left and right..right side of the road.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Feb 17 2012, 09:12 AM)
Automatic transmission in my car, drive with right hand. I'm usually giving other drivers the finger with my left hand. It's a New York thing. wink.gif

Um... I do that. I don't think that's a regional thing as much as a "I Own The Road and Am Allowing You To Borrow It," thing. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ Feb 17 2012, 12:42 PM)
Automatic transmission in my car, drive with right hand. I'm usually giving other drivers the finger with my left hand. It's a New York thing.  wink.gif

Um... I do that. I don't think that's a regional thing as much as a "I Own The Road and Am Allowing You To Borrow It," thing. biggrin.gif

I like your style. yes.gif

But it's my turn to drive. But it's my turn to DRIIIIVE!!!!

The first time I ever flew into New York, we landed at Laguardia, but they didn't have a gate ready for us. We had to unload the plane into a bus which drove us to the terminal. Just after we loaded up and started to move, the driver laid on the horn for some reason. I said, just loud enough for people around me to hear, "well, I guess we know we're in New York now!" - got a good laugh for that.

right handed, left-hand drive, manual transmission, i generally steer with my left hand. most of the other things i do while driving (shifting, radio, heat/air conditioning, girls hands, etc) are to my right. usually i rest my left elbow on the window sill too.

If i have the window open I sometimes steer righty with my hand resting on the top of the window or out the window, but it feels unnatural (as does steering with 2 hands in normal driving situations). Steering and shifting with the same hand is rarely a problem in those cases.

Edited by fledgehog