Geddy sounded great on snakes tour!!!

reani14

Checking out some random bootlegs and the snakes blu ray.. and boy did he sound excellent on this tour.. Much better then time machine tour, compare the 2 and you will see he sounds awful on the time machine tour. which no one will admit..

I'll admit it, he sounded better on Snake and Arrows tour! Regardless, He still kicked @ss on Time Machine Tour though. There just wasn't enough of a break between tours for him to rest up. Anyway, he's the only guy I know that does a 2-1/2 hour of show and has been touring since 1974. Look Whintey Houston (RIP) lost her voice after just 15 years, Geddy has been singing for almost 40! So Give him a damn break about his voice! He can still hit all the high parts on Freewill and that's all that really matters!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (reani14 @ Feb 13 2012, 11:34 PM)
Checking out some random bootlegs and the snakes blu ray.. and boy did he sound excellent on this tour.. Much better then time machine tour, compare the 2 and you will see he sounds awful on the time machine tour. which no one will admit..

So what. They brought out the chops and played better(with faster tempos) on the TM tour. I will take TM tour. Plus I would much rather hear Caravan and BU2B live than most of those SnA tunes they did.(other than Far Cry)

Really? I thought he was better during the Time Machine tour. Seriously, he was amazing in NYC. I really wish they filmed there instead of Cleveland because Cleveland didn't represent his overall performance I think on this tour.

Hell, I might just be biased since TM was my first concert seeing Rush, but I'd take TM any day over SnA.

QUOTE (Ovningskora @ Feb 14 2012, 01:46 AM)
[anything but S&A Live 2007] - if I could have one album...

Fixed.

Seriously, regardless of Geddy's performance on the tour, that CD is not really that enjoyable. confused13.gif

QUOTE (Enemy Within 77 @ Feb 14 2012, 01:11 AM)
Another f*ckin' thread on Geddy's voice? Pathetic! beathorse.gif

Do you Really expect anything more from him?

no.gif The tour was painful to listen to. To me, S&A was the only tour he sounded worse then great on. In other words, he sounded quite horrible. This might have to do with the brain dead slow tempos, but that's no excuse.

QUOTE (USB Connector @ Feb 14 2012, 11:04 AM)
no.gif The tour was painful to listen to. To me, S&A was the only tour he sounded worse then great on. In other words, he sounded quite horrible. This might have to do with the brain dead slow tempos, but that's no excuse.

Wtf are u talking about? Neil has metronome running every show for precise timing, and yes geddy sounded better on S & A live cd as opposed to TM it's pretty obvious...and I am SO sick of these threads. Most can't even play geddys bass lines let alone sing in perfect pitch and play keyboards at the same time especially at their age.

Edited by GeddyLeeFender

QUOTE (GeddyLeeFender @ Feb 14 2012, 02:12 PM)

Wtf are u talking about? Neil has metronome running every show for precise timing, and yes geddy sounded better on S & A live cd as opposed to TM it's pretty obvious...and I am SO sick of these threads. Most can't even play geddys bass lines let alone sing in perfect pitch and play keyboards at the same time especially at their age.

Neil does not play with a click track unless he has to stay in synch with something like a film sequence or a sequencer. Neil sets the tempo and checks live tapes frequently to monitor his tempos. TM tour sounded much better when he(or the band) decided to bring the tempos up again.

QUOTE (presto123 @ Feb 14 2012, 02:32 PM)

Neil does not play with a click track unless he has to stay in synch with something like a film sequence or a sequencer. Neil sets the tempo and checks live tapes frequently to monitor his tempos. TM tour sounded much better when he(or the band) decided to bring the tempos up again.

Okay, well thank you for correcting me. Either way they are rarely out of tempo live considering it is the professor. Also, I saw them on both tours (once in Dallas on S & A and once at Red Rocks on TM) and they sounded great both times I noticed no difference in Geddy's voice when I saw them on TM. People listen to the Cleveland recording and just rip Geddy apart and basically state that he sounded like that throughout the entire tour which is NOT true. banghead.gif

I know there are alot of people who think Geddy's voice is on a major decline. While I do think he is losing that ability to hit those high notes on all the songs we really want to hear, I do not think it's AS bad as people say it is.

I saw the TMT at Columbus, Ohio on Aug 29, 2010. this was the 28th (if I counted right) show on that tour, not counting rehearsals, in which Geddy used his voice to hit those high notes.

This was the 13th three hour show they did in Aug, out of 25 days, so basically a show every other night. That period included 2 times that they had concerts on back to back nights.

Now on Aug 29 in Columbus, Ohio Geddy sounded freaking AMAZING. I was shocked. When he sang 2112 (Overture/Temples Of Syrinx) he blew me away. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't like it was 1976 all over again, but it was pretty damn great.

So, while Geddy does have problems sometimes, I don't think that his voice is as bad as people keep saying it is. Again, I agree, it is deteriorating, and for the love of RUSH, he's freaking almost 60 yrs old! And having a schedule like that where you are singing 13 three hour shows in 25 days (and he had it even worse in July having 13 shows in only 24 days but only one back to back - the tour started in June with only one show, June 29th) I am amazed he can even make it thru an easy song for him to sing.

Of course someone will be quick to point out, "well hey, then don't play all those dates in that short period of time." And of course one person will say "well of course they are playing all those shows because they are on an end of their career cash grab". But I am sure fans would be very upset if they did a tour and played 2 times a week, skipping several venues they'd normally hit and probably, that wouldn't even be fiscally possible unless they were playing stadium shows.

BTW, not a bad idea, a tour with 2 shows a week but in huge venues or stadiums...sure we'd have to drive farther but I think the bitching about Geddy's voice would subside...well a little, there will always be people who think that he should still be singing exactly like he did in 1976.

So while I'm not going to say he doesn't have some problems hitting those high notes, I don't think it's quite as bad as people say it is AND there are reasons for it which I think we should take into consideration and just cut the guy some slack.

So that is my OPINION, take it for what it's worth.

I saw them twice with S&A and twice with Time Machine. His voice was awesome with Snakes and maybe laboring a little with the Time Machine tour, depending on the song. But all in all it was ok in my book.

My comment said S&A was the only album he didn't sound great on. I thought he sounded great on TM. Listen to Something for nothing, the tempo has been slowed down and it makes Geddy sound like a wailing dog during the chorus.

QUOTE (USB Connector @ Feb 14 2012, 05:22 PM)

My comment said S&A was the only album he didn't sound great on. I thought he sounded great on TM. Listen to Something for nothing, the tempo has been slowed down and it makes Geddy sound like a wailing dog during the chorus.

I do not recall them playing Something for Nothing on the S & A Tour.

confused13.gif

The songs that sound the worst to me with Geddy's fading voice are most of the Moving Pictures material. Especially Red Barchetta, Tom Sawyer and Limelight. Time Stand Still wasn't THAT bad to my ears, nor was Presto.

The Camera Eye live again for the first time in a million years was cool enough that I didn't mind the strain too much.

Edited by jnoble