Geddy sounded great on snakes tour!!!

reani14

QUOTE (Perchance to Dream @ Feb 14 2012, 07:40 PM)
QUOTE (USB Connector @ Feb 14 2012, 05:22 PM)
QUOTE (GeddyLeeFender @ Feb 14 2012, 02:12 PM)
QUOTE (USB Connector @ Feb 14 2012, 11:04 AM)
no.gif The tour was painful to listen to. To me, S&A was the only tour he sounded worse then great on. In other words, he sounded quite horrible. This might have to do with the brain dead slow tempos, but that's no excuse.

Wtf are u talking about? Neil has metronome running every show for precise timing, and yes geddy sounded better on S & A live cd as opposed to TM it's pretty obvious...and I am SO sick of these threads. Most can't even play geddys bass lines let alone sing in perfect pitch and play keyboards at the same time especially at their age.

My comment said S&A was the only album he didn't sound great on. I thought he sounded great on TM. Listen to Something for nothing, the tempo has been slowed down and it makes Geddy sound like a wailing dog during the chorus.

I do not recall them playing Something for Nothing on the S & A Tour.

confused13.gif

Sorry I meant Passage to Bangkok, Circumstances was pretty bad too.

Edited by USB Connector

The Snakes tour was one of Geddys best vocally. Neil even mentioned it in one of his updates, how Ged was singing "out and over" the audience. His voice was strong and confident - his tone spot on, and his delivery effortless.

His treatment of Circumstances prove, to me, that with modifications he can definately handle more older material and give it a fresh new perspective. He absolutely nailed the vocals on that one.

The only problem with his vocals on the Time tour were that he was cracking more frequently then usual. Obviously age is a factor, but vocal rest and song choice play a big part as well (the one two three punch of Spirt, Time Stand Still and Presto was an abitious choice)

Considering the amount of rest he will have by the time they tour again - I'm sure he will sound just fine, if not better then he did last time out.

The bottom line is, his voice is not deteriorating to a level even remotely close to what has been perpetuated here. He is still an excellent live vocalist - in many ways better then some tours past.

QUOTE (reani14 @ Feb 16 2012, 05:26 PM)
yeah watch next tour he will sound excellent and prefect, but there wont be any document or dvd to prove it.. when it would really count..

Thanks to advancements in technology bootlegs are getting really awesome in terms of sound quality and picture. Right after the first vegas show in 2011 someone posted a breathtaking boot of 2112 that could have been passed up as an official product with only 3 camera angles. If they don't record it, someone else will.