New CA Update!

EmotionDetector

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Feb 10 2012, 05:19 PM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Feb 10 2012, 06:17 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Feb 10 2012, 05:13 PM)
QUOTE (Nate2112 @ Feb 10 2012, 05:04 PM)
14 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users):
Nate2112, treeduck, GUP1771, Zanadoo, Dscrapre, Terrapin, ifloveremains, ucsteve667, thizzellewashington, canadianice, eshine, nappy2112, HemispheresserehpsimeH

I'm just psyched to hear some news!

All I will say is, it better be METAL or there'll be hell to pay!

1287.gif

caravan and bu2b are considered metal?

yes.gif

Aye!

1022.gif

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Feb 10 2012, 06:42 PM)
QUOTE (Dscrapre @ Feb 10 2012, 05:29 PM)
QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Feb 10 2012, 04:19 PM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Feb 10 2012, 06:17 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Feb 10 2012, 05:13 PM)
QUOTE (Nate2112 @ Feb 10 2012, 05:04 PM)
14 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users):
Nate2112, treeduck, GUP1771, Zanadoo, Dscrapre, Terrapin, ifloveremains, ucsteve667, thizzellewashington, canadianice, eshine, nappy2112, HemispheresserehpsimeH

I'm just psyched to hear some news!

All I will say is, it better be METAL or there'll be hell to pay!

1287.gif

caravan and bu2b are considered metal?

yes.gif

Especially BU2B.

I took my brother to see the Apr/12/11 chicago show and he seemed shocked by that song. He's big into Rage Against the Machine, Korn, that kinda stuff. He got really psyched when he heard BU2B.

another example of how we all hear things differently because bu2b was a bathroom break for me. tongue.gif

http://files.sharenator.com/5353_awww_yeah_Just_look_damnit-s640x400-251458-580.jpg

Screw the book! I've been hearing about this goddamn album for two years...BRING IT ON! And yes, I read as much as I can, but Christ this album has been the proverbial carrot in our faces forever and now we are reading about a novel for an album that has two old singles, but still no release date. bitchslap.gif

Once again....and I've said it on here many times.....Rush are living up to their secretive reputation. I don't think they will even let Nick talk about it. Haven't heard a peep out of him. I hope all this secrecy means they have a classic on their hands:) The record has got to be done by now. It probably only took a couple of weeks to mix so it should be about ready to go. Give us a little tidbit or something guys!

I'm reading all this about Kevin J. Anderson's work with the new album, and it gives me pause. ohmy.gif

I don't think anyone has brought it up, but Anderson was involved with Brian Herbert on the final sequels to Frank Herbert's Dune saga. Brian is Frank's grandson, and he and Anderson took Frank's masterpiece and destroyed it. I mean they butchered it, raped it, and and degraded it to nothing more than SciFi for retarded 8-year olds. JMO....

Now, Anderson could be doing great work with Rush on this story. I hope so. Sadly, hearing Anderson's name will always trigger a negative response from me, solely because of his obscene work on Hunters Of Dune and Sandworms of Dune - the two WORST works of prose I have ever read. 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Feb 10 2012, 11:31 PM)
QUOTE (Queslington @ Feb 11 2012, 12:25 AM)
And he mentioned Hugh Syme, so I've got that going for me as well.

I love Hugh Syme.

Agreed...wouldn't be right with artwork by any other artist.

Hugh Syme is the best.

Roger Dean begs to differ.

QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Feb 10 2012, 11:55 PM)
QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Feb 10 2012, 11:31 PM)
QUOTE (Queslington @ Feb 11 2012, 12:25 AM)
And he mentioned Hugh Syme, so I've got that going for me as well.

I love Hugh Syme.

Agreed...wouldn't be right with artwork by any other artist.

Hugh Syme is the best.

Roger Dean begs to differ.

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Feb 10 2012, 11:14 PM)
I hope they have some cool sci-fi artwork and not that fuckiing Time Machine clock on the cover!

Well I guess that finally answers my fecking question. I like the Time Machine cover, but I'm kinda hoping it's not the final art, considering it has lyrics in the background. That's fine for a single, but bleh, I want something new.

QUOTE (eshine @ Feb 10 2012, 02:37 PM)
And for the record there is no "backlash" against Neil or the band based on his choice of subject matter - as evidenced by their growing success over the last decade.

I guess we're viewing backlash in a different way. He seems to have really annoyed and pissed off a lot of his fans. The evidence is right here on TRF. I don't mean it's going to bring down the band or anything. Most hardcore fans, like myself, will still buy their albums regardless and just ignore the one or two or whatever songs that they don't like lyrically, or won't read his blogs. His words don't exactly engender happy discussions about the nature of reality. The way he's gone about it creates some animosity, and that's the natural reaction of saying things in a polarizing way that comes of as antagonistic to groups of people. He's free to say it. People are free to react.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Feb 10 2012, 10:27 PM)
And for the record there is no "backlash" against Neil or the band based on his choice of subject matter - as evidenced by their growing success over the last decade.

I guess we're viewing backlash in a different way. He seems to have really annoyed and pissed off a lot of his fans. The evidence is right here on TRF. I don't mean it's going to bring down the band or anything. Most hardcore fans, like myself, will still buy their albums regardless and just ignore the one or two or whatever songs that they don't like lyrically, or won't read his blogs. His words don't exactly engender happy discussions about the nature of reality. The way he's gone about it creates some animosity, and that's the natural reaction of saying things in a polarizing way that comes of as antagonistic to groups of people. He's free to say it. People are free to react.

Well, I really don't think that there are enough pissed-off fans to equate a "backlash." Yes, people are free to overreact and I'm free to express my opinion that they are being grossly unfair and hypocritical. confused13.gif

QUOTE (HowItIs @ Feb 10 2012, 10:31 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Feb 10 2012, 10:27 PM)

Well, I really don't think that there are enough pissed-off fans to equate a "backlash." Yes, people are free to overreact and I'm free to express my opinion that they are being grossly unfair and hypocritical. confused13.gif

From the perspective of the people who find him being annoying, somewhat offensive and preachy, there is a backlash. I guess if you don't feel like that at all, it's easy to brush it off as an inconsequential minority. A lot of people feel the way I feel about it, and wish he'd move on to other topics, that is all. He's free to say what he wants, and people are going to react how they react. If you need to call that "grossly unfair and hypocritical," feel free, but I don't get that at all.

QUOTE (presto123 @ Feb 11 2012, 12:20 AM)
I think the clock is a great looking cover. Especially the red looking one with the different symbols. That being said I wouldn't mind a totally different cover.

I like the single's cover but its kind of old now. I want to see something new and fresh instead of the same thing that I've been looking at for 2 years.

QUOTE (HemispheresserehpsimeH @ Feb 11 2012, 12:15 AM)
I hope they have some cool sci-fi artwork and not that fuckiing Time Machine clock on the cover!

Well I guess that finally answers my fecking question. I like the Time Machine cover, but I'm kinda hoping it's not the final art, considering it has lyrics in the background. That's fine for a single, but bleh, I want something new.

Exactly, that clock has been out there for about 2 years...

When Caravan and BU2B came out, I listened to them both. I probably heard both songs maybe 5 or 6 times tops. I stopped listening mostly because I wasn't a big fan of the songs. Caravan I like musically, but find it meh lyrically. BU2B I really disliked lyrically, and I can't even remember the music. Had I loved the songs, I probably would have listened to them over and over. I'm glad I didn't, however, regardless.

Even if I had loved them, I probably would have tried to hold back so I wasn't incredibly sick of those songs for when the album came out, even though I had no idea initially it would take THIS long. It'd be kind of a shame to listen to the album and have to continually skip two songs because I was burned out on them when everything else seemed so new. That's another good reason why I'm not a fan of releasing songs early, other than maybe one song a month or so before an album comes out. It's nice to have the entire thing be a surprise, or at least to have all or most of it feel pretty new. Hopefully they'll re-record those songs...

Edited by rushgoober

QUOTE (HemispheresserehpsimeH @ Feb 11 2012, 01:15 AM)

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Feb 11 2012, 01:31 AM)
When Caravan and BU2B came out, I listened to them both. I probably heard both songs maybe 5 or 6 times tops. I stopped listening mostly because I wasn't a big fan of the songs. Caravan I like musically, but find it meh lyrically. BU2B I really disliked lyrically, and I can't even remember the music. Had I loved the songs, I probably would have listened to them over and over. I'm glad I didn't, however, regardless.

Even if I had loved them, I probably would have tried to hold back so I wasn't incredibly sick of those songs for when the album came out, even though I had no idea initially it would take THIS long. It'd be kind of a shame to listen to the album and have to continually skip two songs because I was burned out on them when everything else seemed so new. That's another good reason why I'm not a fan of releasing songs early, other than maybe one song a month or so before an album comes out. It's nice to have the entire thing be a surprise, or at least to have all or most of it feel pretty new. Hopefully they'll re-record those songs...

Reading your post leads me to realize that I not only agree, but also I cannot find a single fault in any syntax, punctuation or wording. In other words:

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (drbirdsong @ Feb 10 2012, 11:35 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Feb 11 2012, 01:31 AM)
When Caravan and BU2B came out, I listened to them both.  I probably heard both songs maybe 5 or 6 times tops.  I stopped listening mostly because I wasn't a big fan of the songs.  Caravan I like musically, but find it meh lyrically.  BU2B I really disliked lyrically, and I can't even remember the music.  Had I loved the songs, I probably would have listened to them over and over.  I'm glad I didn't, however, regardless. 

Even if I had loved them, I probably would have tried to hold back so I wasn't incredibly sick of those songs for when the album came out, even though I had no idea initially it would take THIS long.  It'd be kind of a shame to listen to the album and have to continually skip two songs because I was burned out on them when everything else seemed so new.  That's another good reason why I'm not a fan of releasing songs early, other than maybe one song a month or so before an album comes out.  It's nice to have the entire thing be a surprise, or at least to have all or most of it feel pretty new.  Hopefully they'll re-record those songs...

Reading your post leads me to realize that I not only agree, but also I cannot find a single fault in any syntax, punctuation or wording. In other words:

goodpost.gif

My opinions might not always be popular, but at least they're grammatically correct? confused13.gif

tongue.gif

trink39.gif