Official AC/DC Thread

Rod in Toronto

Aghhhh I am lovin this thread. Fantastic conversation.

At one point I had 17 AC/DC shirts- I plan on replacing them all and getting even more.

Ok, what're your fave concert dvd's? Curious.

Donington will always be my favorite.

I am embarrassed to say this but I have never seen concert footage of them ever. I saw them live 3 times and have many albums but that's it. I missed a lot from 85'- the 2000's....

I'm not a big concert DVD guy either. Can't say I've seen any of them. Although I've seen plenty of snippets on the YouTubez.

Aghhhh I am lovin this thread. Fantastic conversation.

At one point I had 17 AC/DC shirts- I plan on replacing them all and getting even more.

Ok, what're your fave concert dvd's? Curious.

Donington will always be my favorite.

I am embarrassed to say this but I have never seen concert footage of them ever. I saw them live 3 times and have many albums but that's it. I missed a lot from 85'- the 2000's....

I'm not a big concert DVD guy either. Can't say I've seen any of them. Although I've seen plenty of snippets on the YouTubez.

I just discovered there was a YouTube about when I discovered this forum (4 months ago). Lots of catching up to do...

I love concert dvd's =D

And I am INSANELY jealous you've seen them not only once, but 3 times lol

I was young once too my dear........ :)

Like I said, I'm going through a little AC/DC binge of late. Yesterday, my daughter helped me shovel out the driveway. I passed by the bathroom when she was taking a shower afterwards, and I heard her singing T.N.T., complete with her approximation of an Australian accent. Hilarious.
  • Like 2

The company I work for has this complicated decision process where we sometimes have to bring issues to the BMT - Business Management Team. I came up with this thing that everytime somebody mentions BMT I started singing "BMT...and dynamite...". Turns out it´s infectious, and a lot of people in my unit are doing this now! :D :D :D
  • Like 1

when I was in middle school, my dad worked as a truck driver for the local thrift store, picking up donations. His boss said if he saw something small he wanted, he was welcome to it.

One day he brought home a bag with Back In Black on vinyl and about 4 AC/DC albums on tape, plus one all-AC/DC mix tape someone made. I remember how insanely happy I was! By then, the obsession was in full swing.

• Like 1

The AC/DC binge has just about worn down, but someone just let me borrow a great book by Anthony Bozza entitled Why AC/DC Matters. For a rock book, it is amazingly well written, and the author interviews people as diverse as Slash and professors from Berklee College of Music, (which is about 10 minutes or so away from my office). It's very short, but a good read I recommend. I interrupted another book I had just started to read it. I'm glad I did.
  • Like 1

The AC/DC binge has just about worn down, but someone just let me borrow a great book by Anthony Bozza entitled Why AC/DC Matters. For a rock book, it is amazingly well written, and the author interviews people as diverse as Slash and professors from Berklee College of Music, (which is about 10 minutes or so away from my office). It's very short, but a good read I recommend. I interrupted another book I had just started to read it. I'm glad I did.

I don't binge but I can't seem to go a week without listening to Let There Be Rock at least once. My vinyl version I bought in 1977 and I have been listening to it in some form or another ever since. It just gets better and better... :)

I'm more eager than ever to read Why AC/DC Matters now. After just a few AC/DC books, they all start to sound exactly the same.

A refreshing review :)

I'm more eager than ever to read Why AC/DC Matters now. After just a few AC/DC books, they all start to sound exactly the same.

A refreshing review :)

I'm nearly finished with the book. Bozza's writing style is smooth, and he does a great job getting "experts" to explain why their appeal is so enduring.

A fact I didn't know was that Back in Black is the second best selling album of all time (behind only Thriller).

• Like 1

Binging now. Nothing like some AD/DC through the big speakers for sure. A very nice hit of youth going on. :notworthy: Anyway, have any of you come across a forum like this one (therushforum) about AC/DC? I've found some but they're pay to view and not much traffic it looks like. I know there was a Usenet board at one time but I can't find that anymore.

I've been on the lookout for an AC/DC forum for years- you're right, the official forum charges a yearly fee, and all the free ones I've taken a look at we're barely active/not interesting at all.

It's a lot easier to get into the Flick of the Switch album now than back in the day :)

I dig most of this album. Fly On The Wall is the one album that I could never get in to. I don't really get how some fans think that album is so good when it reality AC/DC just seemed a little off to me on it. Flick has some pretty good tunes on it. Rising Power, This House Is On Fire, the title track, Nervous Shakedown, Bedlam In Belgium :haz:

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 2

"It's a Long Way to the Top (If You Wanna Rock 'n' Roll)"

"It's a long way to the shop, if you want a sausage roll..."

A long-running joke for Aussies...ACCADACCA!

http://data3.whicdn.com/images/689706/large.jpg

It's a lot easier to get into the Flick of the Switch album now than back in the day :)

I dig most of this album. Fly On The Wall is the one album that I could never get in to. I don't really get how some fans think that album is so good when it reality AC/DC just seemed a little off to me on it. Flick has some pretty good tunes on it. Rising Power, This House Is On Fire, the title track, Nervous Shakedown, Bedlam In Belgium :haz:

Sink the Pink and Shake Your Foundations...worth the price of admission!

ETA: Agreed that "Flick..." has aged very well. If it were released today, it would top the charts.

Angus' intro to "Guns for Hire" is just killer. The ultimate rocker's answer to shredder wankery.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCL7SBBkPn8

:notworthy: RISING POWER!!!!

Edited by goose

So...y'all got me listening to FotS right now. It's actually a rare gap in my collection, as I owned it on cassette and those are long gone.

I'll be picking it up tomorrow, I hope.

:dweez:

Only originally panned because of what it followed...

Let There Be Rock

Powerage

Highway to Hell

Back in Black

For Those About to Rock

How do you possibly live up to that run of albums?

But here we are. 30 years later and it absolutely kills!

Edited by goose
  • Like 1