Official AC/DC Thread

Rod in Toronto

Having an AC/DC visual day today. River Plate, followed by Plug Me In, maybe one of the Backtracks DVDs too finish things. Marvellous. :haz:

I didn´t bother buying the River Plate Blu-Ray - too many repeated tracks...what is it like?

Having an AC/DC visual day today. River Plate, followed by Plug Me In, maybe one of the Backtracks DVDs too finish things. Marvellous. :haz:

I didn´t bother buying the River Plate Blu-Ray - too many repeated tracks...what is it like?

Worth it for the crowd alone. Jesus, it's MASSIVE. Blu-ray is crystal clear, as you'd expect, and the cinematography is really good.

Worth it for the crowd alone. Jesus, it's MASSIVE. Blu-ray is crystal clear, as you'd expect, and the cinematography is really good.

I saw River Plate on a freeview. You're right, the crowd is amazing! But the music...meh.

Now, Plug Me In? That's a dream video set! I have it, and enjoy it as much as my classic VHS copy of Let There Be Rock...maybe even more.

Had Powerage cranked the other day while doing dishes..Sin City has always been a favorite.

Still remains their best album.

Followed by Let There Be Rock!!!!

Extremely underrated and underplayed. Dog Eat Dog, Go Down, Bad Boy Boogie, Overdose... :notworthy:
  • Like 2

for me it's

1. highway to hell

2. powerage

3. let there be rock

4. high voltage

5. dirty deeds

6. the rest

I love the original Aussie versions of the first three albums (High Voltage, TNT, Deeds). I never quite understood why the US albums are so different. Leaving off "Jailbreak" for a repeat of "Problem Child"?
  • Like 2

I saw River Plate on a freeview. You're right, the crowd is amazing! But the music...meh.

Now, Plug Me In? That's a dream video set! I have it, and enjoy it as much as my classic VHS copy of Let There Be Rock...maybe even more.

My problem with River Plate and pretty much all the other official Brian releases is it's always the same damn set!!! As much as I worship AC/DC they've gotta be the most stubborn band when it comes to switching things up. I hate that they don't cater to their hardcore fans- they insist on only playing the hite we've all heard a million times. Sure, they're great songs, but change it up once in awhile. That's why I never complain about Rush's setlists- you get the standards they have to play, but they also throw in a shit ton of surprises too. I'd be ok never hearing Thunderstruck or any BIB song ever again! Plug me in is def the way to go!

Had Powerage cranked the other day while doing dishes..Sin City has always been a favorite.

Extremely underrated and underplayed. Dog Eat Dog, Go Down, Bad Boy Boogie, Overdose... :notworthy:

You said it! All great songs, and Rosie, HAABPTB and the title track? My fave AC/DC album by far. Oh, and it doesn't sound like any of their other ones either, raw as hell production!
  • Like 1

You said it! All great songs, and Rosie, HAABPTB and the title track? My fave AC/DC album by far. Oh, and it doesn't sound like any of their other ones either, raw as hell production!

Very heavy sounding. Huge change from Deeds.

for me it's

1. highway to hell

2. powerage

3. let there be rock

4. high voltage

5. dirty deeds

6. the rest

I love the original Aussie versions of the first three albums (High Voltage, TNT, Deeds). I never quite understood why the US albums are so different. Leaving off "Jailbreak" for a repeat of "Problem Child"?

Yup, I've got all the original Aussie versions and it's a damn shame that the international releases were so butchered. Problem Child doesn't even sound right on LTBR, and Jailbreak? Leaving off one of the absolute best Bon songs. Not to mention the original Dirty Deeds cover in the pool hall is a million times better than the lame motel cover.
  • Like 1

for me it's

1. highway to hell

2. powerage

3. let there be rock

4. high voltage

5. dirty deeds

6. the rest

Yup, I've got all the original Aussie versions and it's a damn shame that the international releases were so butchered. Problem Child doesn't even sound right on LTBR, and Jailbreak? Leaving off one of the absolute best Bon songs. Not to mention the original Dirty Deeds cover in the pool hall is a million times better than the lame motel cover.

I have them all, on vinyl. LTBR is a gatefold. :)
  • Like 1

My problem with River Plate and pretty much all the other official Brian releases is it's always the same damn set!!! As much as I worship AC/DC they've gotta be the most stubborn band when it comes to switching things up. I hate that they don't cater to their hardcore fans- they insist on only playing the hite we've all heard a million times. Sure, they're great songs, but change it up once in awhile. That's why I never complain about Rush's setlists- you get the standards they have to play, but they also throw in a shit ton of surprises too. I'd be ok never hearing Thunderstruck or any BIB song ever again! Plug me in is def the way to go!

You're right about the setlist, too damned static. Still great fun, but with a back catalogue like theirs, it should be so much better. Love Backtracks(I love the Circus Krone show) & Plug Me In.

You're right about the setlist, too damned static. Still great fun, but with a back catalogue like theirs, it should be so much better. Love Backtracks(I love the Circus Krone show) & Plug Me In.

Yeah, the Circus Krone show is great. Smaller intimate setting and a great setlist!
  • Like 1

The only reason I saw them in 2010 was because I´d waited so long to catch them live. But as a fan since ´85, it´s hard to see the 12313233th version of the same songs and still keep the interest. They had some unusual setlist choices every now and then, but that has stopped since at least the mid-90´s.

The only reason I saw them in 2010 was because I´d waited so long to catch them live. But as a fan since ´85, it´s hard to see the 12313233th version of the same songs and still keep the interest. They had some unusual setlist choices every now and then, but that has stopped since at least the mid-90´s.

Don't get me wrong, I'll still see them whenever they come around, but wish they'd freshen it up a bit. Hell, as much as I'm a Bon fan, I'd love to hear some more Brian songs. Every album after BIB is pretty much ignored.

Don't get me wrong, I'll still see them whenever they come around, but wish they'd freshen it up a bit. Hell, as much as I'm a Bon fan, I'd love to hear some more Brian songs. Every album after BIB is pretty much ignored.

I´d see them whenever they came to my area as well, but that was never the case! The only time I could catch them was on the eve of my departure from Australia after living there for 2 years...that was the absolute perfect send off, and I had to stay in line for tickets for hours - it was their first tour in Oz since ´03, and a bunch of dates were added - some cities got 3 or 4 additional dates! That was in Perth, where Bon has a cult following, due to him being raised in Fremantle, a nearby city. I´d see them if they came to Rio, where I live now, but they only played here in ´85...

I never knew of this thread!!!

:D

Well you all know me. Diehard AC/DC fan- and I do mean diehard. When I listen to their music, I feel it in my bones. NO other band has impacted me in such a way. No other band comes close.

I love Bon Scott and Brian Johnson equally, but for different reasons. Bon, in my opinion, was the greatest frontman of all time. That is MY opinion. They couldn't have picked a better singer to fill his shoes than Brian. I love that man.

My fave album by them- as well as being my fave album of all time, period- is Powerage. Top to bottom, that entire record is flawless.

Even the albums people tend to dismiss.....FTATR, FOTW (though shiny and overproduced), FOTS, Blow Up Your Video.....I love them all. Yes, I love them immediately for the simple fact that, hello, it's AC/DC. Therefore, I love it.

But then I listened to the music....personally I can't understand it when people say these are "bad" albums. we must not be hearing the same music, then. *shrug*

I echo other board members by saying, I would be fine if Black Ice (killer album) turns out to be their last release. Just tour one more time. Give me one more chance to scrape the money together for a ticket. Please.

I have never NEEDED to see a band so much before. It's not a "want", a desire- it's a damn necessity for me. I must see them. Just once is all I ask.