Official AC/DC Thread

Rod in Toronto

Yesterday it was If You Want Blood and Powerage. Today at the gym I'm going to listen to Flick of the Switch. AC/DC truly is genius in its everday clothes.

I listen to Let There Be Rock all the time when running on the treadmill. Overdose has to be one of the greatest grooves all time... :)
  • Like 2

Going through an AC/DC binge of late. Listened to Highway to Hell yesterday and Stiff Upper Lip today. Bon or Brian era, it's all good stuff.

yes it is ;) I love Stiff Upper Lip! Solid, bluesy record if you ask me.

• Like 1

Yesterday it was If You Want Blood and Powerage. Today at the gym I'm going to listen to Flick of the Switch. AC/DC truly is genius in its everday clothes.

I listen to Let There Be Rock all the time when running on the treadmill. Overdose has to be one of the greatest grooves all time... :)

Well now I love you even more.

• Like 1

Well now I love you even more.

:blush:
  • Like 1

The workout ran a little long, so I dipped into Fly on the Wall.

Nice!!! I think I've said it before- FOTW has great, strong songs BUT the album overall was too produced. Too polished. Still love it though :)

• Like 1

Listened to Powerage all the way through on the treadmill this morning. Superness!!! :haz:

My favourite AC/DC album.

Not mine but close. Let There Be Rock is one of the first few albums I ever bought back in 77' ish. Great blues based hard rock. In my top 10 albums all time easily..... :) Edited by Narpzilla

Listened to Highway To Hell all the way through on the treadmill this morning. I had not listened to it all the way through in a long time. Although it has some greatness on it, I think LTBR and Powerage are better overall.... :)
  • Like 2

Listened to Highway To Hell all the way through on the treadmill this morning. I had not listened to it all the way through in a long time. Although it has some greatness on it, I think LTBR and Powerage are better overall.... :)

The cream of AC/DC without question:

1. Powerage

2. Let There Be Rock

3. Highway to Hell

• Like 4

1. Powerage

2. Let There Be Rock

3. Highway to Hell

I wore out Let There Be Rock in the late 70's. I swear it has only increased in my book over the years. I thought it was great then and of course telling others (then) fell on deaf ears. It is even better to me now than I even remembered it being then.. :cheers: :)
  • Like 1

1. Powerage

2. Let There Be Rock

3. Highway to Hell

I wore out Let There Be Rock in the late 70's. I swear it has only increased in my book over the years. I thought it was great then and of course telling others (then) fell on deaf ears. It is even better to me now than I even remembered it being then.. :cheers: :)

For sure. Those Bon years just get better with age. I'm glad they get respect here, they deserve it.

• Like 1

1. Powerage

2. Let There Be Rock

3. Highway to Hell

Without question?

1. Powerage

2. Let There Be Rock

3. Highway to Hell

Without question?

He said it I didn't :scared: but I concur however... :)

1. Powerage

2. Let There Be Rock

3. Highway to Hell

Without question?

There's a little history there with regard to suggesting that people can't have different views about what the best AC/DC album is.

Like with VH or Sabbath, the different eras of AC/DC to me are in many ways completely different bands. But I would pick either High Voltage or Highway to Hell as my favorite Bon era albums, although they all have their merits.

• Like 2

1. Powerage

2. Let There Be Rock

3. Highway to Hell

Without question?

There's a little history there with regard to suggesting that people can't have different views about what the best AC/DC album is.

Like with VH or Sabbath, the different eras of AC/DC to me are in many ways completely different bands. But I would pick either High Voltage or Highway to Hell as my favorite Bon era albums, although they all have their merits.

Like I have said around here before, Let There Be Rock is fine wine to me. At 53 I could see myself always loving and appreciating that masterpiece... :)

1. Powerage

2. Let There Be Rock

3. Highway to Hell

Without question?

Like I have said around here before, Let There Be Rock is fine wine to me. At 53 I could see myself always loving and appreciating that masterpiece... :)

I'm actually listening to it right now, because you were talking about it. I'm 46. If I haven't "grown out of" AC/DC by now, my sense is I never will.

I got into AC/DC when Back in Black was their newest album, and that will always have a special place with me. My first concert was AC/DC on the For Those About to Rock tour, so I'll always love that one too. If I'm in the mood for AC/DC, I can enjoy any one of their albums though.

1. Powerage

2. Let There Be Rock

3. Highway to Hell

Without question?

I'm actually listening to it right now, because you were talking about it. I'm 46. If I haven't "grown out of" AC/DC by now, my sense is I never will.

I got into AC/DC when Back in Black was their newest album, and that will always have a special place with me. My first concert was AC/DC on the For Those About to Rock tour, so I'll always love that one too. If I'm in the mood for AC/DC, I can enjoy any one of their albums though.

If you have read any of my posts you know that I didn't listen to or purchase much music after 85' or so. I saw them live with Bon (1 time) and Brian (2 times). I prefer the Bon era but that is probably for good reason.... :)

I love all the Bon-era albums, but I have to give the nod to Highway to Hell only because it was my first. I still remember the first time I heard the title track: I was at the bus stop (age 11, somewhere near the end of '79) waiting to go to school, and a "bad kid" from my class lured me into his house nearby. Curiosity got the better of me, and I stepped inside. Three or four of my fellow sixth-graders were skipping school that day, and they were all smokin' weed, flippin' through stacks of Playboys, and crankin' Highway to Hell. I hadn't yet been corrupted, so I hightailed it out after a few minutes!
  • Like 1

Aghhhh I am lovin this thread. Fantastic conversation.

At one point I had 17 AC/DC shirts- I plan on replacing them all and getting even more.

Ok, what're your fave concert dvd's? Curious.

Donington will always be my favorite.

Aghhhh I am lovin this thread. Fantastic conversation.

At one point I had 17 AC/DC shirts- I plan on replacing them all and getting even more.

Ok, what're your fave concert dvd's? Curious.

Donington will always be my favorite.

I am embarrassed to say this but I have never seen concert footage of them ever. I saw them live 3 times and have many albums but that's it. I missed a lot from 85'- the 2000's....

17 shirts? Later in sixth grade (see story above) I bought an AC/DC tank top. I recall wearing it with my KISS belt buckle (I didn't know any better, both musically and sartorially). Thank the gods no incriminating photos exist of that wardrobe malfunction.
  • Like 3

17 shirts? Later in sixth grade (see story above) I bought an AC/DC tank top. I recall wearing it with my KISS belt buckle (I didn't know any better, both musically and sartorially). Thank the gods no incriminating photos exist of that wardrobe malfunction.

I have many Rush shirts but I am pretty sure I don't have 17.... :)