Official AC/DC Thread

Rod in Toronto

These rumors are like a knife stabbing me in the heart, but right now, until the band addresses them, I see them as nothing but a nasty, awful rumor.

If Malcolm really is sick, then absolutely they need to stop so he can try to recover. No matter what the reason, I will never be angry about any decision they make, would never stop loving them and respect any and all choices they make.

I'll be f***ing gutted, devastated beyond mere words- but what can you do?

Malcolm Young has suffered a stroke last night and they are going to hold a press conference today to announce the end of the band. :(

I read the stroke rumors but nothing I saw said it happened yesterday. From what I read it seems it happened months ago and Malcolm was recovering but when it came time to play the guitar he just couldn't do it like he used to.

Malcolm Young has suffered a stroke last night and they are going to hold a press conference today to announce the end of the band. :(

I read the stroke rumors but nothing I saw said it happened yesterday. From what I read it seems it happened months ago and Malcolm was recovering but when it came time to play the guitar he just couldn't do it like he used to.

If this is true, then it's best they call it quits. If that's true......damn shame.

It's just a rumour without a real source. It could easily just be a fake.

True, but the link I posted is from an Australian (where the band is from) newspaper. I really don't see what's to be gained from this if it's fake.

True, but the link I posted is from an Australian (where the band is from) newspaper. I really don't see what's to be gained from this if it's fake.

Website hits/publicity?

• Like 1

Website hits/publicity?

According to this article, the rumour got started when a person calling himself Thunderstruck sent an email to a radio station in Perth:

http://www.brisbanet...0415-36oc1.html

As far as I know there hasn't been any verifiable statement from anyone associated with the band.

Website hits/publicity?

I suppose so but if it's revealed to be fake then there will be nothing but hate for the web site. In the long run they gain nothing by reporting fake news. Another reason I think there's some truth to this is because the band hasn't made a statement yet. Usually when some false news is reported, whoever is involved in it will say something on their official page/facebook/twitter and put the rumors to rest. So, the band not saying anything has me worried. If this is false they should've had a statement out already letting the fans know.

At this stage it´s only speculation...and to be honest, rumours like those have come up in the press since they started to take longer breaks between albums and tours. After Ballbreaker, every time there was no news about the band for more than one year the press came up with stuff like that. So how about seeing to believe it one more time?

I wish Malcolm nothing but the best :)

This is tolerable news! Not what I was expecting. I would still buy any new music, as well as see them- as much as it would hurt to not see my fave band mate onstage :/

Man, I thank that dude from the bottom of my heart. Talk about impacting my life in an indescribable way.

http://www.blabbermo...-to-ill-health/

It's Official: MALCOLM YOUNG Taking Break From AC/DC Due To 'Ill Health'

Legendary Anglo-Australian hard rockers AC/DC have released the following statement:

"After forty years of life dedicated to AC/DC, guitarist and founding member Malcolm Young is taking a break from the band due to ill health. Malcolm would like to thank the group's diehard legions of fans worldwide for their never-ending love and support.

"In light of this news, AC/DC asks that Malcolm and his family's privacy be respected during this time. The band will continue to make music."

As previously reported, a musician who says he has been friends with AC/DC for "years" has corroborated reports that Malcolm Young is no longer able to perform with the band due to illness. Mark Gable, lead singer with the CHOIRBOYS, told ABC Radio Australia, "From what I understand, and it's even been confirmed in part by his son Ross… It would appear Malcolm is unable to perform anymore. It's not just that he is unwell, it's that it is quite serious. It will constitute that he definitely won't be able to perform live. He will probably not be able to record."

Australian journalist Darryl Mason wrote that Malcolm suffered a stroke last month. According to The Age, a source who knows the Young family has said that Malcolm's condition has deteriorated so badly that his wife Linda and family were investigating full-time care for the guitarist. It is believed that Malcolm is currently having in-home care at his home in the Sydney area. He is said to be having difficulty remembering familiar faces and having increasing problems communicating.

AC/DC singer Brian Johnson has shot down reports that the band is retiring, telling U.K.'s Telegraph that the band is about to begin work on its 16th studio album. "We are definitely getting together in May in Vancouver," he said. "We're going to pick up some guitars, have a plonk, and see if anybody has got any tunes or ideas. If anything happens, we'll record it."

While the members of AC/DC are notoriously private, Johnson did reveal in a 2012 interview and in a February 2014 one that an unnamed member of the group had been ill — but whether that was Malcolm remains unclear.

Asked about the prospect of retiring one day, Johnson told The Pulse Of Radio that he would know when the time had come. "You know, retirement is like anything," he said. "A good football or a good ice hockey player, they don't want to retire. But unfortunately, sometimes there's a time when you have to call it quits. I don't want to do it, and if we can get out another album and do another little short tour or something, and have a bit of fun, well. I'm your man. I'll be right there."

AC/DC's last album was 2008's "Black Ice", one of the group's most successful later albums, which was followed by a nearly two-year world tour.

Edited by treeduck

After forty years of life dedicated to AC/DC, guitarist and founding member Malcolm Young is taking a break from the band due to ill health. Malcolm would like to thank the group’s diehard legions of fans worldwide for their never-ending love and support.

In light of this news, AC/DC asks that Malcolm and his family’s privacy be respected during this time. The band will continue to make music.

http://www.acdc.com/us/news/message-acdc

• Like 2

They actually toured without Malcolm before when he was in rehab, on the Blow Up Your Video Tour. I believe one of his nephews actually replaced him.

yeah, Stevie Young :)

This is tolerable news! Not what I was expecting. I would still buy any new music, as well as see them- as much as it would hurt to not see my fave band mate onstage :/

Man, I thank that dude from the bottom of my heart. Talk about impacting my life in an indescribable way.

The one time I saw AC/DC I had horrible seats and was only able to see Angus and Brian Johnson. I was beside the stage and had all of the stage covered by a video screen. Angus and Brian moved around all night and were constantly in sight but everybody else was positioned to far back. Still a kick ass show.

The one time I saw AC/DC I had horrible seats and was only able to see Angus and Brian Johnson. I was beside the stage and had all of the stage covered by a video screen. Angus and Brian moved around all night and were constantly in sight but everybody else was positioned to far back. Still a kick ass show.

Brian and Angus are the show. They're the only ones you ever see when you watch them live :LOL:

I had seats on the floor when I saw them on the last tour and hardly recall seeing Malcolm or Cliff at all. They just stand in the back and do their thing and pretty much don't move too often. I don't think I ever saw Phil but someone was playing drums for them, so I assume it was him. Brian and Angus are so active that the rest of the band doesn't need to do anything else but play and provide backing vocals.

The Kinks' Dave Davies to AC/DC's Malcolm Young: 'Never Give Up'

"Part of the healing process is convincing the brain and mind that it is capable of anything," writes musician.

April 22, 2014 9:35 AM ET

Former Kinks guitarist and vocalist Dave Davies has offered support for AC/DC guitarist Malcolm Young, following news that the latter was taking a break from the band due to ill health.

"Never give up," Davies wrote in a Facebook post.

He recommended that Young remember all the "important 'tricks'" he'd learned and to exercise his hands and fingers, asking Young to imagine "playing your best solos ever in your mind before you go to sleep daily."

In another post, Davies who suffered a stroke a decade ago explained why he felt he needed to make a public statement about the Australian hard rocker.

"I have no idea exactly what physical state Malcolm Young is in, but the public sending out negative vibes about the whole thing is not going to help at all," he wrote.

"It really does not help by people taking a negative view that his career is over.

Part of the healing process is convincing the brain and mind that it is capable of anything.

I wish him well."

He also added a personal touch about his own experiences from overcoming an ailment.

"I was afraid my first shows last year might have been my last, but sometimes you have to have blind faith with the support of people around you, which I was fortunate to receive,"

Davies wrote. "Positive thoughts and encouraging support of others are paramount in the healing process."

Last week, AC/DC said that it would be making an album without Young with plans to go into a Vancouver studio in May.

However, the band declined to reveal the specific illness that has affected Young.

"We're going to pick up some guitars, have a plonk, and see if anybody has got any tunes or ideas," frontman Brian Johnson told the Daily Telegraph. "If anything happens, we'll record it."

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/the-kinks-dave-davies-to-ac-dcs-malcolm-young-never-give-up-20140422

Edited by ReGorLaTroy