The Aqua Oracle

GoToMan

Huh!

Is it possible that someone actually affected the mindset of Rush over the last 15 years? Here is someone that is heralding just such a claim:

http://www.facebook.com/editprofile.php?sk...148241745285161

Not that it's any big deal or anything, I've heard the guy treats it like a fun little hobby.

http://www.theaquaoracle.com

I've heard this individual say, when people become cynical or smug, of such an in-your-face assertion, that he merely responds with - 'Show me your computerized polygraph', or, 'you can always call Pegi at SRO'. As if she cares.

yes.gif yes.gif yes.gif

Or course, those that think it is not true, must provide their rationale.

Edited by GoToMan

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GoToMan @ Dec 23 2011, 08:45 AM)
...not that it's any big deal or anything...

tell us about it

'Doesn't Pass The Sniff Test' red flag #1:

> the book is self-published (self-published using Amazon's indefensible BookSurge monopoly press, no less)

...it's so easy to flush these kinds of people out, why do they persist?

There is no need to dig into this. We already know what the inspiration is, Neil's hatred for religion.

BU2B says it all. He's written about this in many songs, and has decided to dedicate an album to it. You can tell from the name, Clockwork Angels. Why do some people pray for a miracle for a sick loved one just to see them die? Why do good things happen to bad people? And why do some people just get lucky? He guesses angels just come around to help when they feel like it, and let others suffer. I can rattle off many Rush songs that touch on this concept.

He's been hung up on it his entire adult life it seems. He could have left it alone after Circumstances or Freewill. Sometimes shit happens, good things happen to bad people, bad things to good people. Noone is pulling anyones strings. Ok, we get it Neil. Nope, fast forward to Roll The Bones. MORE OF IT OH GODDD??!?!!!!?! And plenty of other songs in between, and now this.

More religion bullshit. You can dig for other ideas if you want but its very clear whats been on his mind lately.

Edited by trenken

QUOTE (trenken @ Dec 23 2011, 06:46 PM)
There is no need to dig into this. We already know what the inspiration is, Neil's hatred for religion.

BU2B says it all. He's written about this in many songs, and has decided to dedicate an album to it. You can tell from the name, Clockwork Angels. Why do some people pray for a miracle for a sick loved one just to see them die? Why do good things happen to bad people? And why do some people just get lucky? He guesses angels just come around to help when they feel like it, and let others suffer. I can rattle off many Rush songs that touch on this concept.

He's been hung up on it his entire adult life it seems. He could have left it alone after Circumstances or Freewill. Sometimes shit happens, good things happen to bad people, bad things to good people. Noone is pulling anyones strings. Ok, we get it Neil. Nope, fast forward to Roll The Bones. MORE OF IT OH GODDD??!?!!!!?! And plenty of other songs in between, and now this.

More religion bullshit. You can dig for other ideas if you want but its very clear whats been on his mind lately.

facepalm.gif beathorse.gif

Wrap your mind around this: CA is a story. The story is, from all I (and others) can tell is a Hero Journey. The song that frightens certain individuals so much is sang from the Protagonist's POV. Maybe "our loving Watchmaker" is a character in the story. Maybe it has nothing to do with religion but is about a dictator or ruler of a world that doesn't exist. But, by all means, jump to the conclusion that supports your hatred of someone who doesn't believe as you do.

Neil has stated that the inspiration was a sci-fi book in the steampunk genre.

QUOTE (HowItIs @ Dec 23 2011, 09:53 PM)
QUOTE (trenken @ Dec 23 2011, 06:46 PM)

facepalm.gif beathorse.gif

Wrap your mind around this: CA is a story. The story is, from all I (and others) can tell is a Hero Journey. The song that frightens certain individuals so much is sang from the Protagonist's POV. Maybe "our loving Watchmaker" is a character in the story. Maybe it has nothing to do with religion but is about a dictator or ruler of a world that doesn't exist. But, by all means, jump to the conclusion that supports your hatred of someone who doesn't believe as you do.

Neil has stated that the inspiration was a sci-fi book in the steampunk genre.

Yeah good luck with that, hoping Neil will actually write a smart piece that goes deeper than just taking his shots on religion, because the last time I read the lyrics from the first 2 showcase songs on the album, it sounds like you are grasping at straws with that one.

"Im a life long Rush fans that loves their older concept pieces, when Neil actually used to write real stories with some cryptic depth to them, so Im just going to assume after decades of not showing any interesting in writing that way, that he will once again do that just for me, even though the first 2 songs on the album give no hint to that." Ok.

See you when we get another 12 songs just like S&A attacking religion. Has this not gotten a little bit old to anyone aside from me? I read the lyrics to BU2B, and listen to the song, and I just find something else to listen to on my ipod. Something by a band that has something new to say.

I hope he proves me wrong, but what can I possibly dig up that says otherwise? We already heard 2 songs from this album. Come on now. Delusional.

And by the way, I am not a man of religion at all. In fact I share most of the same beliefs as Neil does. I dont believe anyone is pulling anyone strings, Im a very firm believe in the idea that sometimes shit just happens, noone is controlling that.

Believe me, Im on board with him with all of this stuff. He and I are very alike in our beliefs, but Im very tired of him going on and on about this.

Ok a song here and there was fine. Then we get to S&A which was just an all out assault, and now this? When I first heard BU2B I couldnt do anything else but just roll my eyes. It's obvious he has nothing else to write about aside from religion and riding his bike. That's all that's left. His brain is just very sterile right now.

That beating a dead horse GIF is pretty much perfect for all that Neil has written about for, what, a decade now? Awesome.

QUOTE (trenken @ Dec 24 2011, 12:42 PM)
And by the way, I am not a man of religion at all. In fact I share most of the same beliefs as Neil does. I dont believe anyone is pulling anyone strings, Im a very firm believe in the idea that sometimes shit just happens, noone is controlling that.

Believe me, Im on board with him with all of this stuff. He and I are very alike in our beliefs, but Im very tired of him going on and on about this.

Ok a song here and there was fine. Then we get to S&A which was just an all out assault, and now this? When I first heard BU2B I couldnt do anything else but just roll my eyes. It's obvious he has nothing else to write about aside from religion and riding his bike. That's all that's left. His brain is just very sterile right now.

That beating a dead horse GIF is pretty much perfect for all that Neil has written about for, what, a decade now? Awesome.

I love how you go on and on about Peart going on and on. tongue.gif

That beating a dead horse GIF is pretty much perfect for all that trenken has written about for, what, seems to be a decade now?

Awesome.

common001.gif

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Dec 24 2011, 12:00 AM)
QUOTE (trenken @ Dec 24 2011, 12:42 PM)

I love how you go on and on about Peart going on and on. tongue.gif

That beating a dead horse GIF is pretty much perfect for all that trenken has written about for, what, seems to be a decade now?

Awesome.

common001.gif

It is very Sisyphusian!

(I have decided to pepper this thread with various words that will either: (a) make someone feel clever because they know the word, or (cool.gif make someone learn something neato through a Google search!, or © make someone think I'm a dick just because!)

I doubt they were influenced by a self published book. It's unlikely Neil's even heard of it. BU2B is Neil's view on religion and Caravan is universal enough to have been able to have stemmed from 100 different places and then adapted to a steampunk theme.

QUOTE (GoToMan @ Dec 24 2011, 05:02 AM)
Not only does this individual claim to have been the foundational catalyst for CA, but also T4E and VT. Who does he think he is anyway, for Crying Out Loud!

trink38.gif

(where's the :yawn: emoticon again?)

Every Rush fan should go to The Aqua Oracle page on Facebook and "Like" this, because, what this guy is saying is the TRUTH. I know him personally. It was his non-misguided ideology that helped in bringing Rush out of their dark days before Vapor Trails came out.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100...148241745285161

yes.gif OR no.gif

yes.gif

Edited by GoToMan

QUOTE (GoToMan @ Dec 24 2011, 04:30 PM)
Every Rush fan should go to The Aqua Oracle page on Facebook and "Like" this, because, what this guy is saying is the TRUTH. I know him personally. It was his non-misguided ideology that helped in bringing Rush out of their dark days before Vapor Trails came out.

yes.gif OR no.gif

yes.gif

I wrote most of Counterparts. The rest was written by a deaf nihilistic chimpanzee called Colin.

QUOTE (Tony R @ Dec 24 2011, 11:13 AM)
QUOTE (GoToMan @ Dec 24 2011, 04:30 PM)

yes.gif  OR    no.gif

yes.gif

I wrote most of Counterparts. The rest was written by a deaf nihilistic chimpanzee called Colin.

I can believe it...but it sounds like the percentages were switched for the lyrics to T4E.