Here we go again!

Xanadoood

G&R but Not Heart . Fu*kin Joke

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Dec 7 2011, 09:27 AM)
One good album and a career of mediocrity and failure... Guns n' Roses, ladies and gentlemen.

goodpost.gif

To be fair, this isn't really a "Here we go again" kind of thing, since we knew Rush weren't getting in when they were left off the finalists list several months ago.

That said, no reason to pass up on an opportunity to sh!t on the RRHOF.

That that said, one of the "non artist" inductees this year is owed a debt of gratitude by every artist who has been professionally recorded since the late '50s. Tom Dowd, as a recording engineer at Atlantic Records, pioneered the use of 8-track recording machines, integrated "sliders" into recording boards (quite literally opening up a new world of recording/mixing possibilities over the old EQ knobs), helped define the signature sounds of a diverse array of Atlantic Records artists (Cream, Chicago, Allman Brothers Band, etc.), etc.

There is a great documentary about Tom and his work/contributions, "Tom Dowd & the Language of Music". I'm just a tin-eared music fan, but loved this documentary.

That that that said...GnR?? Really?? Sigh...

Edited by The Mighty Dudad

QUOTE (metaldad @ Dec 7 2011, 07:38 AM)
One good album and a career of mediocrity and failure... Guns n' Roses, ladies and gentlemen.

goodpost.gif

+1

QUOTE (go2wrk@95974 @ Dec 7 2011, 12:17 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Dec 7 2011, 07:38 AM)

goodpost.gif

+1

+2.

I think GnR should get in for Appetite for Destruction alone as it's one of the best rock albums of all time, but I would hardly call the Use Your Illusion albums mediocre.

Chinese Democracy, however, is garbage.

And you must admit it's a bit intriguing to see how GnR is represented and who performs for the band

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Dec 7 2011, 01:42 PM)

And, yes, what about Rush?

I am liking the fact that just about every article about the Hall of Fame is now starting to bring up Rush...Eddie Trunk mentions it on his show every other day...every interview with Rush this is mentioned. It's becoming a running joke....Rush is the hot topic and hot band to discuss when talking about who is NOT in there

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Dec 7 2011, 01:55 PM)
QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Dec 7 2011, 01:42 PM)

And, yes, what about Rush?

I am liking the fact that just about every article about the Hall of Fame is now starting to bring up Rush...Eddie Trunk mentions it on his show every other day...every interview with Rush this is mentioned. It's becoming a running joke....Rush is the hot topic and hot band to discuss when talking about who is NOT in there

Really what difference does it make?

To be nominated after this long would be like a slap in the face. F*** the RRHOF and the horse they rode in on!

Nice article Rushan14! I love that the last word in the article is "Rush"!

I think every story about the RRHOF should end with "...but what about Rush?"

Edited by MMCXII

I always figured that if Rush ever gets in, they'll just graciously accept their award like the polite little canadians they are, but now I'm wondering...

once they get in (give them a few more years sarcasm.gif ), I think they'll do something interesting... I doubt they'll pull a 'Sid Vicious' or anything but you can bet they'll address the snub..

QUOTE (D3strukt @ Dec 7 2011, 03:17 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Dec 7 2011, 09:37 AM)
G&R but Not Heart . Fu*kin Joke

Heart was inducted the year Sabbath got in. I watched them play. 2006.

Heart is Not in the R&R Hall of Fame . They were on the ballot this year, and did not get in

Here we go again, The Small Faces, a band that broke up in 1969 is getting into the R&R Hall of Fame and are only famous for stealing Black American Artist's music before Led Zeppelin did ... Really this is just plain Silly now!!!

QUOTE (The Mighty Dudad @ Dec 7 2011, 10:34 AM)
That that said, one of the "non artist" inductees this year is owed a debt of gratitude by every artist who has been professionally recorded since the late '50s. Tom Dowd, as a recording engineer at Atlantic Records, pioneered the use of 8-track recording machines, integrated "sliders" into recording boards (quite literally opening up a new world of recording/mixing possibilities over the old EQ knobs), helped define the signature sounds of a diverse array of Atlantic Records artists (Cream, Chicago, Allman Brothers Band, etc.), etc.

There is a great documentary about Tom and his work/contributions, "Tom Dowd & the Language of Music". I'm just a tin-eared music fan, but loved this documentary.

Thanks for posting this. Was not aware of the Tom Dowd nod. At least there is one brain cell active on the committee.

I think I'll watch some of the documentary tonight. trink39.gif