That's it, I quit drinking!

Soni

Well last night was a "waking call" for me,I realised it was the last night I'd spend throwing up in some stranger's bathroom. It's just not worth it!

I'm not really an alcooholique, but my fridays and saturdays night are a bit... wild...

Wish me luck!

trink39.gif ... oups!

I've had a moment like that as well Soni. My wake up call was waking up throwing up in my friend's toilet without having any recollection of the night before.

Now i still drink, but hardly ever to get drunk. Maybe I'll have two beers every other Friday night. I have lived with an alcoholic before, and it's not fun waking up to him drinking beers at 10:00 in the morning with empty bottles laying every where. It's good to get out now when you still can yes.gif

never understood why people drink excessively to begin with -- when it gets to the point that you're throwing up i'd imagine you've already past the point of fun.

Going cold turkey seems a bit overboard unless you have any suspicions of becoming an alcoholic -- but good for you for making the choice either way.

QUOTE (fledgehog @ Nov 19 2011, 04:18 PM)

Going cold turkey seems a bit overboard unless you have any suspicions of becoming an alcoholic -- but good for you for making the choice either way.

Swearing off alcohol for a while allows you to get it out of your system - physically as well as mentally. Like a reboot, in a way. It gives you time to create a new lifestyle or routine, which does not revolve around alcohol. I've done it, and it works. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Soni @ Nov 19 2011, 02:57 PM)
Well last night was a "waking call" for me,I realised it was the last night I'd spend throwing up in some stranger's bathroom. It's just not worth it!
I'm not really an alcooholique, but my fridays and saturdays night are a bit... wild...

Wish me luck!
trink39.gif ... oups!

Good luck brother.

I had far too many similar experiences and they seemed to be happening more often than I liked...Haven't had a drink since April 20, '09....Cold turkey.

Good luck again.

Excellent choice! Your'e not gonna get anywhere

in life being a boozer..in the long run, it only leads

to poverty and street-corner dereliction..and that's no

way to live. My dad was a boozer, and he wasn't a

"happy drunk" either..the more he drank, the louder

he got.He had alot of Irish and American Indian in him.

..so booze was like fire-water.It was definitely a bad

combo. I hope you succeed it kickin' the habit.

Good luck to you.

One thing a guy should never do is let his buddies challenge or question his manhood when it comes to his giving up booze. Being a "real man" has nothing to do with how much you can drink. A true man knows when to stop, and he's not afraid of what others might think or say about him.

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Nov 19 2011, 08:32 PM)
One thing a guy should never do is let his buddies challenge or question his manhood when it comes to his giving up booze. Being a "real man" has nothing to do with how much you can drink. A true man knows when to stop, and he's not afraid of what others might think or say about him.

cat.gif

unsure.gif tongue.gif

Good luck, Soni! trink36.gif <--- please note the Pepsi logo wink.gif

I never saw the purpose in drinking myself. The one aspect of drinking I hate the most is that so many people seem unable to have a good time or to have real social interactions without some alcohol in them. It seems like a major crutch to me, but that's just my opinion. If people can use alcohol in moderation, it's fine if that works for you, but beyond that it just seems really messy.

Edited by rushgoober

You may also discover that it's way more fun to be the clearheaded one in the bunch. Like watching a really warped sitcom. Plus there's the entertainment to be had when you inform your hungover friends of all the stupid stunts they pulled whilst blotto.

Drinking til sick is definitely no fun. Neither is the aftermath of cleaning the bathroom the next day and trying to get a comb through your vomit-encrusted hair.

Good luck Soni! I wish you all the best! I havent had a drink for about 4 years. I wasnt an alcoholic or anything, I just decided to stop. It was like the novelty wore off. I don't miss it at all.

I used to beat the hell out of myself in my early 20s. I remember one night I drank everclear and kool aid, Sambuka, and lots of beer. Needless to say, I threw up all over myself, and didn't have sense enough to get up and clean myself off. I'm fortunate that I have good friends who got me cleaned up and didn't play any harsh tricks on me.

I still drink, but I don't get drunk...ever.

QUOTE (Mara @ Nov 20 2011, 05:28 PM)
You may also discover that it's way more fun to be the clearheaded one in the bunch. Like watching a really warped sitcom. Plus there's the entertainment to be had when you inform your hungover friends of all the stupid stunts they pulled whilst blotto.
Drinking til sick is definitely no fun. Neither is the aftermath of cleaning the bathroom the next day and trying to get a comb through your vomit-encrusted hair.

My buddy joined AA and quit drinking three years ago, and he says that. He is so amused by watching all of the drunks.

Drinking til sick is definitely no fun.  Neither is the aftermath of cleaning the bathroom the next day

Bathroom...Hell, one of my buddies got so drunk, one night he pissed in his desk drawer. Try cleanning that up! laugh.gif

Edited by Mara

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Nov 21 2011, 09:03 PM)
I'm fortunate that I have good friends who got me cleaned up and didn't play any harsh tricks on me. 

One New year's Eve, long ago, a guy passed out way early, so we wrote nasty stuff on his forehead with permanent black magic marker......wrote backwards so he could read it in the mirror...... laugh.gif laugh.gif

We also put whipped cream on his mouth and let the host's dog lick it off....all while we were videotaping...... rofl3.gif rofl3.gif