Got any Rainbow fans here?

D3strukt

Classic period?

That said, i've never heard anything AFTER Ronnie left, because I hear it's Nowhere NEAR as good.

And, it has to stand up to "Kill the King" "Gates of Babylon" and "Run with the Wolf."

Edited by D3strukt

Love 'em. If you stopped listening after LLRnR you've missed out on some great stuff. Down To Earth is a great album. The Joe Lynn Turner era albums are up and down, but if you get a greatest hits anthology, you'll see the highs are pretty darn high. Even Strangers in Us All, with Doogie White, is worth a spin.

Totally different band after RJD left, but still enjoyable.

(let's flash back to the '80's, shall we?)

I loved Foreigner (still do)

Blackmore loved Foreigner

when they started producing songs like 'Stone Cold' and 'Street Of Dreams' I really got interested

I couldn't have cared less about Dio's previous involvement at the time

a decade later I finally heard 'Man on the Silver Mountain' and it blew my brain apart

I now appreciate Rainbow v.1 and Rainbow v.3 in much the same way I appreciate the two sides of Genesis and Marillion

great things about both incarnations

Love the Dio stuff but a lot of Hit and Miss after. Mostly Miss

Love the three albums with Dio. Stargazer is one of the most epic metal songs ever and Dio's best vocal performance. Gates Of Babylon is one of my all time favorite songs to.

After Dio left I only know the singles that classic rock radio plays from Rainbows 80s albums. Honestly those songs suck and have never got me interested in hearing anything else that came after Dio.

The Dio era for me. After that I found them a bit too middle of the road for my tastes. The live album kicks some serious butt. I saw them at Wembley Arena, London when they had the full rainbow lighting rig - very impressive. The night before Blackmore had thrown a strop onstage and refused to do an encore. Guess we were lucky!

QUOTE (Bastille Dave @ Nov 17 2011, 05:24 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Nov 17 2011, 01:21 PM)
I like all eras of Rainbow, Dio, Bonnet and JLT...

1022.gif

me too, but I love the Dio era the most. I like everything Ritchie B. has played on, minus the modern fruity stuff he plays now common001.gif

Yeah the Dio stuff is the best, no doubt...

QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ Nov 17 2011, 04:43 PM)
After hearing only the Dio albums, I gotta go with "Catch The Rainbow". Such an emotional performance on that one.

You're thinking of Hendrix's Little Wing.

What? They're 2 different songs? biggrin.gif

Seriously, how did Blackmore not get sued for that? George Harrison got sued for My Sweet Lord, and I still don't hear He's So Fine in there.

QUOTE (Rick N. Backer @ Nov 17 2011, 09:36 PM)
QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ Nov 17 2011, 04:43 PM)
After hearing only the Dio albums, I gotta go with "Catch The Rainbow". Such an emotional performance on that one.

You're thinking of Hendrix's Little Wing.

What? They're 2 different songs? biggrin.gif

Seriously, how did Blackmore not get sued for that? George Harrison got sued for My Sweet Lord, and I still don't hear He's So Fine in there.

He didn't get sued because it sounds nothing like it...

laugh.gif

I am strange as most of you already know.

I love Rainbow! Nothing touches the DIO stuff, but I really like the Joe Lynn Turner albums as well.

As for "Down To Earth?" I fukking hate it. Bonnet ruins that album with his terrible vocals.

Duck and I have discussed this before in the past privately.

I can't stand Graham Bonnet.

062802puke_prv.gif

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Nov 18 2011, 02:26 AM)

I love Rainbow! Nothing touches the DIO stuff, but I really like the Joe Lynn Turner albums as well.

As for "Down To Earth?" I fukking hate it. Bonnet ruins that album with his terrible vocals.

062802puke_prv.gif

wow Earl, I thought I was the only one who didn't like Graham Bonnet! Granted I don't hate him nearly as much as you, but I never really got it about his whole appeal and why everyone holds him in such high regard. I'm a fan of Impellitteri and Rob Rock's vocals but the albums that GB sings on, well it just plain lacks. Love the guitar but GB just lacks something.

QUOTE (Bastille Dave @ Nov 18 2011, 01:17 AM)
QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Nov 18 2011, 02:26 AM)

I love Rainbow!  Nothing touches the DIO stuff, but I really like the Joe Lynn Turner albums as well.

As for "Down To Earth?"  I fukking hate it.  Bonnet ruins that album with his terrible vocals. 

062802puke_prv.gif

wow Earl, I thought I was the only one who didn't like Graham Bonnet! Granted I don't hate him nearly as much as you, but I never really got it about his whole appeal and why everyone holds him in such high regard. I'm a fan of Impellitteri and Rob Rock's vocals but the albums that GB sings on, well it just plain lacks. Love the guitar but GB just lacks something.

Wow Dave! Glad I'm not alone! I'm sure Graham is a nice guy but yes, I hate his vocals!! Just awful! I tried to get into a lot of his solo albums over the years and the drive me up the wall!

Love the Dio albums. I like Down to Earth too.

After that, I've only heard Difficult to Cure, which I mainly like because of the rocked up Beethoven 9th.

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Nov 18 2011, 03:26 AM)

062802puke_prv.gif

'Wow, I'm surprised. he's in my top 5 metal/hard rock vocalists of all time. My favorite is "Hiroshima, Mon Amour" from Alcatrazz with Yngwie. Awesome.