Geddy must be really bad live now!!

reani14

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To me Geddy's a singer, to you Geddy's a singer, but to a singer he's no singer.

It's simple. No Rush fan really critiques Lee's voice any more, we've already made our peace with it.

QUOTE (Tony R @ Nov 14 2011, 05:37 PM)
To me Geddy's a singer, to you Geddy's a singer, but to a singer he's no singer.

I think Geddy turned himself into a pretty good singer during the '80s. Power Windows through Vapor Trails were his peak years, IMO.

Now he's approaching 60 and his voice just isn't what it used to be -- the way he screamed during the early years, how could it be? But I think he's still got enough left in the tank to keep going, taking it one album and one tour at a time.

It's simple. No Rush fan really critiques Lee's voice any more, we've already made our peace with it.

yes.gif

QUOTE (reani14 @ Nov 14 2011, 06:24 PM)
checked out GUP tour video again, and he sings like an angel on that compared to this new tour...

That was 1984, do the math. Oh wait..............

QUOTE (Tony R @ Nov 14 2011, 04:41 PM)
QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Nov 14 2011, 11:33 PM)
this thread agitates me.

I'm guessing you don't get out much.

I've been around. I've seen some things.

QUOTE (reani14 @ Nov 14 2011, 05:59 PM)
I talked to a few people in the last couple days that saw time machine on comcast and they all started burning on geddys voice. They all say. I can;t understand whats hes singing>? why is that guy straining and screaming..

Well they're stupid... F*ck those assholes.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Nov 14 2011, 04:45 PM)

I think Geddy turned himself into a pretty good singer during the '80s. Power Windows through Vapor Trails were his peak years, IMO.

Couldn't agree more. He tempered himself in the 80's and perfected his singing starting with Presto and throughout the 90's (including VT) IMO.

QUOTE (angel in my armor @ Nov 14 2011, 08:43 PM)
Some people just aren't happy unless they are bitching about something....I'm growing weary of such threads.

In some cases, you can tell a lot about a thread by who started it. Like with reani here, you know his threads will most likely be a bitchfest, so they're easy to avoid if you feel the need. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Nov 14 2011, 07:46 PM)
QUOTE (angel in my armor @ Nov 14 2011, 08:43 PM)
Some people just aren't happy unless they are bitching about something....I'm growing weary of such threads.

In some cases, you can tell a lot about a thread by who started it. Like with reani here, you know his threads will most likely be a bitchfest, so they're easy to avoid if you feel the need. biggrin.gif

Aye! 1287.gif