Which epic song is better: 2112 or Hemispheres?

HereAgain

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hemispheres by a country mile. Hands down, easy-peasy. 2112 has its moments, but Discovery is possibly in the Top 5 Worst Things They've Ever Done list, and given that it's right up front after Temples, it throws me right out of the song and I skip the rest.

That said, Grand Finale is one of my all time favorite pieces of music they've ever recorded. "WE HAVE ASSUMED CONTROL" - indeed.

Hemispheres. Absolutely. 2112 was written and performed by a band that was trying to get a foothold on what they wanted to do and it did the job. But Hemispheres realized the potential.

I like "2112" better (primarily for the story) but "Hemispheres" is the better song. It's overall more impressive and obviously from a more mature band, even in the space of just those couple years. "2112" has the edge for me overall but I can't say it's better than its later counterpart.

Come on guys... it inspired an entire novel from me (which I need to work on; gah). I'm going to be biased. xD

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Sep 25 2011, 11:10 PM)
"Hemispheres" holds together as a singular song, whereas, "2112" is really several songs strung together.

I much prefer "Hemispheres".

goodpost.gif That's what I was going to say

I'm not a huge fan of Hemispheres. It's a great song, but I actually prefer Cygnus X-1 to Hemispheres.

And I prefer 2112 as well. I love the edginess that 2112 has. I also love the way the whole song culminates in Grand Finale! 1022.gif