Official Pink Floyd Thread

Nate2112

QUOTE (Can-Utility @ Sep 11 2011, 09:55 AM)
I can neither confirm nor deny that you love Pink Floyd, this doesn't seem very open for discussion

huh.gif

What do you mean, I love Pink Floyd

my fave Floyd period is 67-73, and my fave within that period is 67-68 - Syd and just beyond that. everything from that period is brilliant, and there's a lot more of it available than what was just officially released. that said, they barely made one bad song (*cough* allan's psychedelic breakfast *cough*) throughout that whole period, and most of it is genius.

so, ok, wish you were here, animals and the wall are all great, especially animals, but i just don't listen to those albums like i did in my younger days...

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Sep 12 2011, 04:48 AM)
so, ok, wish you were here, animals and the wall are all great, especially animals, but i just don't listen to those albums like i did in my younger days...

Yep, couldn't agree more, just include Dark Side as well. Not so much anymore either. Burn out perhaps confused13.gif

Lessee, I love "Momentary Lapse of Reason". I think it's a great album even though Pink Floyd die hard fans dismiss it as a true Pink Floyd album. Oh well.

I love every single song on it with the exception of "Dogs of War" and I don't hate that one, but I tend to skip it. I think my favorite is "A New Machine/Terminal Frost"

Interesting is that it came out the same day as Rush's "Hold Your Fire".

I also love "Animals" with my fave tune from that being "Dogs".

And I have "the Division Bell", but for many reasons find that one a bit depressing, but there are good songs on it such as "Lost for Words" which seems like a kind of revisiting of "One of My Turns" from "The Wall".

I like a lot of other songs, but those are the only PF albums I own...for now.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Sep 12 2011, 04:38 PM)
Lessee, I love "Momentary Lapse of Reason". I think it's a great album even though Pink Floyd die hard fans dismiss it as a true Pink Floyd album. Oh well.

I love every single song on it with the exception of "Dogs of War" and I don't hate that one, but I tend to skip it. I think my favorite is "A New Machine/Terminal Frost"

Interesting is that it came out the same day as Rush's "Hold Your Fire".

I also love "Animals" with my fave tune from that being "Dogs".

And I have "the Division Bell", but for many reasons find that one a bit depressing, but there are good songs on it such as "Lost for Words" which seems like a kind of revisiting of "One of My Turns" from "The Wall".

I like a lot of other songs, but those are the only PF albums I own...for now.

You should get Meddle. There is some great music on there and it's not too different from their later work.

I like everything they ever did from the beginning up to The Wall (besides the last couple of minutes of the track "Absolutely Curtains"), then the real Pink Floyd ended. I can even dig most of what came after and their solo stuff. They were truly a one of a kind band and one of the most unique and original rock groups ever.

I'm going to get the new remasters when they come out. I might shell out money for the 'Experience' sets. Other than that, I've been listening to this band since I was about 4 years old. I stopped for a long time and I rediscovered them in 2009 when I finally put "The Division Bell" in my CD player. Definitely brings back a lot of memories.

Love the Floyd!!!

I to the person that likes Momentary Lapse... I love that album as well, and it IS the best "Water's-less" Floyd album, but by the same token, I LOVE the final cut, but consider that MORE of a Water's SOLO album (that some members of Floyd happen to play on) Than an actual FLOYD album....

I'm a definite Animals freak...but fell in love with the band when The Wall came out! I FINALLY got to see it live last year when Waters brought it through Philly!!! WHAT a show!!!

I got to see the Floyd show in Philly in 87 (When they did ECHOES!) and 94!

And Roger in Hershey in 1999, and Philly in 2010!