Official Pink Floyd Thread

Nate2112

Love the Floyd!!!

I to the person that likes Momentary Lapse... I love that album as well, and it IS the best "Water's-less" Floyd album, but by the same token, I LOVE the final cut, but consider that MORE of a Water's SOLO album (that some members of Floyd happen to play on) Than an actual FLOYD album....

I'm a definite Animals freak...but fell in love with the band when The Wall came out!

Wait, when did I write this?

• Like 1

Love the Floyd!!!

I to the person that likes Momentary Lapse... I love that album as well, and it IS the best "Water's-less" Floyd album, but by the same token, I LOVE the final cut, but consider that MORE of a Water's SOLO album (that some members of Floyd happen to play on) Than an actual FLOYD album....

I'm a definite Animals freak...but fell in love with the band when The Wall came out!

Are we the same person? crap!!!

AMLOR is a good album...but it's not Floyd! It's a good Gilmour album more than anything else! Saw the tour...glad I got to see some of what they did...but Roger is DEFINITELY the keeper of the Floyd flame!

Took the wife to see the Wall tour, and she's hooked! Thought it was a great concert..but loved that it had a "Broadway show" feel to it! ( I was actually blown away that she didn't hate it, and thought it was a good thing...we have a totally different taste in music!)

Edited by Jaminbenb
  • Like 1

Love the Floyd!!!

Are we the same person? crap!!!

AMLOR is a good album...but it's not Floyd! It's a good Gilmour album more than anything else! Saw the tour...glad I got to see some of what they did...but Roger is DEFINITELY the keeper of the Floyd flame!

Took the wife to see the Wall tour, and she's hooked! Thought it was a great concert..but loved that it had a "Broadway show" feel to it! ( I was actually blown away that she didn't hate it, and thought it was a good thing...we have a totally different taste in music!)

I kinda disagreed with that. When it came out even though I always had the Wall the fact that RW wasnt on it didnt mean shit to me. So it was great because i listened to it all the time as well as watched the Wall movie peactically every day at that point. So now i do get that its not totally Floyd its still more Floyd to me than Division Bell was. Weird considering the input from the other members was greater on that one...but not by much.

• Like 1

It is pretty interesting.

The first three tracks, all penned by Syd Barrett, ("Lucy Leave", "Double O Bo" and "Remember Me") have an Animals / Them feel to it.

I quite like "Lucy Leave" the best of the three.

The fourth track "Walk With Me Sydney", penned by Roger Waters, has an early mod Kinks vibe.

The fifth track, "Butterfly" is another Syd Barrett track and is definitely a bit more "trippy" than the rest of the lot.

(I feel like it could fit right in with the weird pop/psychedelic efforts of the Alice Cooper group's first album, "Pretties For You").

The last track, "I'm a King Bee" the Slim Harpo cover song that was popular with all the early British invasion bands at the time...a mellower version than The Rolling Stones version of a year earlier in 1964.

Some good stuff, that's for sure...leaves you hungry for more music from this period to surface.

Anyone else get the new Wall dvd from Waters? Not only does it include the full performances of CN and OTW with David and Nick, but there's also a great bonus behind-the-scenes clip about their appearance. I get chills every time I watch the hug between Roger and David before OTW. Even though they're still too polar opposite musically to work together again, it's really nice to see them bury the hatchet personally. Edited by TexMike
  • Like 1

Is it weird that both Dark Side and The Wall bore me to tears and I never have to hear either one again?

Give me Animals, Ummagumma, Meddle, or A Saucerful of Secrets any day.

• Like 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGd1eiLKY_8

Watching this now. Well done...

Goose,

Have you skied Powder Mountain ? My favorite UT mountain.

No...but I hear it's great! How's the snow up your way this year? It's been a killer season so far...and snowing right now.

I've heard your season is killer. Enjoy !!!

Two words for the snow in the east... It sucks. The temps are finally cold but we need a few storms.