VERY surreal moment tonight

presto123

I was literally flipping out. I was taking a long country cruise listening to a Rush mix CD on random mode when it got to Between The Wheels. Here's the weird part. When it got to the line" you know how that rabbit feels going under your speeding wheels" a rabbit ran right out in front of me at that EXACT moment. I was in shock. I didn't actually run him over but I couldn't have missed him by more than inches. I had to brake hard to miss him. What are the chances of that happening? I was smiling all the way home thinking there is some kind of unseen order in the universe. I will always remember this I think! Edited by presto123

While driving to Minneapolis to see them during their Vapor Trails Tour, I looked up in the sky, and what did I see.....?

The vapor trails of three airliners....forming an almost perfect triangle.

ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

QUOTE (Tony R @ Sep 11 2011, 06:13 PM)
I was in the office once listening to the debut Rush album on my headphones when I saw a man working at the same time as the track came on! I can't tell you how unlikely this coincidence was...

I hear you. Last month I was going for a walk in the park while listening to Signals when I heard this line:

A hot and windy August afternoon

What are the chances?! cool10.gif

QUOTE (presto123 @ Sep 11 2011, 02:30 AM)
I was literally flipping out. I was taking a long country cruise listening to a Rush mix CD on random mode when it got to Between The Wheels. Here's the weird part. When it got to the line" you know how that rabbit feels going under your speeding wheels" a rabbit ran right out in front of me at that EXACT moment. I was in shock. I didn't actually run him over but I couldn't have missed him by more than inches. I had to brake hard to miss him. What are the chances of that happening? I was smiling all the way home thinking there is some kind of unseen order in the universe. I will always remember this I think!

Everyone's being snarky now, but a few years ago I was walking down a street at night just before a thunderstorm listening to "Chemistry" on my iPod. . . and just as Geddy Lee sang "ELECTRICITY!" I looked up and a huge bolt of lightning streaked across the sky biggrin.gif

One day I was traveling through a forest and what would come on but "the Trees"! Ok that was in jest! Here's a real one: The day my family and I were traveling to Niagara falls as soon as I crossed into canada " Limelight" came on the radio. Both my wife and I looked at each other and I started singing the tune to the twilight zone! It was kind of weird!

unsure.gif

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Sep 11 2011, 09:14 AM)
I once knew a girl called Lizzy, and she loved Thin Lizzy. She was quite overweight though.

Does that count? unsure.gif

yes, that deserves it's own "surreal moment" thread...

I see the numbers 2112 all the time on various things I don't consider that a big deal. I appreciate all the humor don't get me wrong but I think some of you are under rating this. LOL If a rabbit ran out in front of me while Between The Wheels was on I would probably consider it cool but no big deal but being that it happened at the exact moment the song said"going under your speeding wheels" that is just downright strange and fascinating. Again it goes back to odds. I could probably drive around for the rest of my life in the country and this would never happen again at that exact moment in the song. And the CD had probably 15 songs on it. It would have to be the right song as well. Just hearing Rush as you're driving into Canada is cool but really not all that strange.

Anything can happen! ohmy.gif wink.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 12 2011, 09:56 AM)
I had a VERY surreal moment last night too, I was listening to Vapor Trails and suddenly this balding old hippy popped out in front of me and shouted "Rushgoober here, turn that off immediately!"

tongue.gif

That's not surreal. That's horrible.....very Twin Peaks....was he saying it backwards?

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Sep 12 2011, 07:31 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 12 2011, 09:56 AM)
I had a VERY surreal moment last night too, I was listening to Vapor Trails and suddenly this balding old hippy popped out in front of me and shouted "Rushgoober here, turn that off immediately!"

tongue.gif

That's not surreal. That's horrible.....very Twin Peaks....was he saying it backwards?

The horrible Twin Peaks version would be if the balding hippy were repeatedly saying that while popping out of a jack-in-the-box. Also, in the background, a midget-sized version of Cosy Toes would be riding a unicycle while smoking a slimy bratwurst.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 12 2011, 05:56 AM)

tongue.gif

Why were you listening to Vapor Trails? unsure.gif

tongue.gif

Back in '99, I was working at an HH Gregg store. As the store was getting ready to close, a co-worker and myself were turning off the stereos in the two audio rooms we had. One room had the oldies station on, while the other room had the modern rock station on. We went into the room with the modern rock station and Pearl Jam's version of 'Last Kiss' was playing. Then we went into the room with the oldies station and the original 'Last Kiss' was playing. That was kind of odd.

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Sep 11 2011, 08:14 AM)
I once knew a girl called Lizzy, and she loved Thin Lizzy. She was quite overweight though.

Does that count? unsure.gif

She had too much whiskey in the jar biggrin.gif

And that is a pretty cool experience. I always wonder if that line is talking about roadkill?

Edited by sco703

QUOTE (sco703 @ Sep 12 2011, 02:06 PM)
And that is a pretty cool experience. I always wonder if that line is talking about roadkill?

It's talking about people who are "crushed" by the "wheels of progress". No, really.

Also, I was listening to the radio once and "The Spirit of Radio" came on. Quite an experience, let me tell you.

QUOTE (Invisible To Telescopic Eye @ Sep 11 2011, 05:32 AM)
QUOTE (presto123 @ Sep 11 2011, 03:30 AM)
I had to brake hard to miss him.  What are the chances of that happening?

Prol'y 'bout fi'ty, fi'ty...Ya either miss 'em or hit 'em...in this case yer aim was off.

yeah right, we know how the song goes... wink.gif

QUOTE (StellarJetman @ Sep 12 2011, 02:05 PM)
QUOTE (sco703 @ Sep 12 2011, 02:06 PM)

It's talking about people who are "crushed" by the "wheels of progress". No, really.

I figured it had an underlying meaning. I was making more of a joke. But that is cool. Neil definitely has some great stuff behind these lyrics.