Irene is coming!

Tick

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No trees down in my neighborhood and the power only went off once for a few minutes. There's lots of damage closer to the water, so I'm thankful that I don't live there. A few houses got destroyed in other cities but there doesn't seem to be much damage in my area.

My folks in NC told me this morning was absolutely beautiful. Clear blue sky and nice sunshine. I hope that happens up here when we wake tomorrow morning.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Aug 28 2011, 07:14 AM)
Many on Long Island are without power now. Mine blinks off every once in a while, but it's holding up. Same with my cable/phone/internet.

Did lose half a big tree, ya.  biggrin.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/1001001/backyard_tree1.jpg

ohmy.gif i didn't know clouds have teeth! ohmy.gif

i have 2 huge trees in front of my house, and they freak me OWT when we get wind storms.

my sister says if you keep them well watered, it will keep them from uprooting during a bad storm.

so i do yes.gif but i've lost a few big branches time and again scared.gif

sorry about your tree, 73 sad.gif

glad you are ok, tho hug2.gif

beer for you --> trink38.gif

QUOTE (Queen of Megadon @ Aug 29 2011, 07:55 AM)
All good here..no damage to speak of, all me and mine are ok.  Mom is still without power from yesterday, but it should be up in a day or so.

Lots of flooded areas, power outages all over Staten Island, but NYC fared pretty well overall.

TICK??  check in.

watching the weather channel (as usual,,,i HATE the news)

CT got hammered! (Connecticut that is, not Circumstantial Tree wub.gif )

Tick is at least without power, and hopefully not floodied out scared.gif

Stay dry, Tick!

positive vibes --> atickhum.gif

and prayerz for everything you and your family needs --> angel.gif

I hate for my first post to be negative. But good lord, I'm from Joplin Missouri. I watch the news and hear anchormen blow about "60 mile an hour winds" like thats anything I wanna puke. 13 people dead on the entire eastern seaboard? While I agree 1 is too many but try 190 in 5 miles.

Give me a break.

lost power, and cable shortly thereafter. and our generator just happened to fail on us as well (perfect timing, right?). NYSEG claims we'll be lucky to have power back by next weekend. Not much damage from the storm though, just a ton of trees and wires down. While the storm was happening, it didn't seem that horrible though -- about the same magnitude as a heavy summer storm. Everything's fine up at school. Edited by fledgehog

Irene took down TRF for about half a day. A delayed reaction, too -- my neighbor's tree fell during the storm on Sunday morning, and it's been leaning on his power line since then. The line was hanging low across the street, just waiting for a passing truck to take it down. This morning, either a truck or the weight of the tree took that line down, along with mine.

All is fixed now. Board's been up for all of half an hour and look at all you people logged on already. Amazing.

Edited by 1-0-0-1-0-0-1

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Aug 30 2011, 08:30 PM)
Irene took down TRF for about half a day. A delayed reaction, too -- my neighbor's tree fell during the storm on Sunday morning, and it's been leaning on his power line since then. The line was hanging low across the street, just waiting for a passing truck to take it down. This morning, either a truck or the weight of the tree took that line down, along with mine.

All is fixed now. Board's been up for all of half an hour and look at all you people logged on already. Amazing.

Glad you're alright! smile.gif

Good to have the board back.

QUOTE (sullysue @ Aug 30 2011, 09:33 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Aug 30 2011, 08:30 PM)

Glad you're alright! smile.gif

Good to have the board back.

Thanks, sully smile.gif

I lost a tree and power for half a day. That's it. I'm pretty damn lucky compared to thousands of others on the shore whose homes now have moats. sad.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Aug 30 2011, 07:30 PM)

There is unrest in the forest, there is trouble with the trees...

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Aug 30 2011, 09:40 PM)

Yep, it was an oak that took us down.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Aug 30 2011, 08:42 PM)
QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Aug 30 2011, 09:40 PM)

Yep, it was an oak that took us down.

You know, now that I think about it, it was an oak that tried to kill me about a month ago. angry.gif

scared.gif and there EVERYWHERE!

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Aug 30 2011, 09:30 PM)

It's good to hear things are turning out alright. Now all of us can get our fix of TRF for the day. STOP PUTTING NICOTENE IN THE REPLY BUTTON. tongue.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Aug 31 2011, 01:30 AM)

You're back!!!!! Mwah, mwah, mwah!!! Don't ever leave me again, you naughty forum you. Mwah!

(Glad you're OK 73.)

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Aug 31 2011, 04:56 AM)

You're back!!!!! Mwah, mwah, mwah!!! Don't ever leave me again, you naughty forum you. Mwah!

unsure.gif

"Mom???? There's a strange guy at the door........no, he's wearing a Guinness t-shirt and he asked to kiss the server in the office......yes, I did smell booze......no, he isn't wearing lipstick, so it isn't Uncle Ned......well I don't WANNA go back to the door, he had a sheep with him.....no, a real one, on a leash.....can I play X-Box now?"

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Aug 31 2011, 11:33 AM)
QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Aug 31 2011, 04:56 AM)

unsure.gif

"Mom???? There's a strange guy at the door........no, he's wearing a Guinness t-shirt and he asked to kiss the server in the office......yes, I did smell booze......no, he isn't wearing lipstick, so it isn't Uncle Ned......well I don't WANNA go back to the door, he had a sheep with him.....no, a real one, on a leash.....can I play X-Box now?"

The sheep has a name you know. It's Seamus. Seamus the sheep. He drinks too. Likes to party.