RUSH Fanbois or RUSH Trolls

PumpkinHead

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ May 2 2011, 12:14 AM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ May 1 2011, 09:03 PM)
Fanboys are lame.  Trolls w no originality are lamer.  Good trolls with some wit and cleverness rule.

That sums it up nicely.

yes.gif

I need a ruling. To be considered a fanbois must you like Dog Years and Tai Shan? confused13.gif

QUOTE (PumpkinHead @ May 1 2011, 01:08 PM)
What group is more pathetic on a Rock & Roll band's web site?

Pumpy says......

Fanbois! yes.gif

http://i883.photobucket.com/albums/ac31/maharanu/imagesCAT2MZVQ.jpg

Hahahaha!!

I am both!!!!!! I will love Rush until the day I die, but I do like starting troll-like conversations just for fun.

Signed,

"DOG YEARS"

PS: But I do love TAI SHAN! You see?

QUOTE (Kenneth @ May 1 2011, 07:15 PM)
QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ May 1 2011, 01:22 PM)
Since when is it pathetic to be a Rush fan on a Rush fan messageboard? confused13.gif

goodpost.gif

yes.gif

QUOTE (PumpkinHead @ May 1 2011, 11:46 PM)
QUOTE (Cosy Toes @ May 1 2011, 05:45 PM)
Pumpy is a TROLL of the first order, a loathesome specimin.

You are a bitter old bastage!

Go back into your hole, Mr. Troll Lover!!!

By the way, you suck and you need a good tasing......

Shalom

Go choke on yer doughnut Copper.

What exactly is a fanbois? And how is that pronounced? Is it like French, "Fan-bwah?" laugh.gif

Come to think of it, what exactly is a troll? I thought I knew, but according to this thread, there are apparently "good trolls" and "bad trolls," and that's a new concept for me. Is that like good witches and bad witches? White magic and black magic? Is it like the difference between someone who tortures and kills animals for pleasure and someone who works at a vet's office and euthanises sick pets? Much confusion here.

I don't think I can voice an opinion on this terribly important matter until we have clarification of the terminology. no.gif

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ May 2 2011, 02:21 PM)
I'd say trolls because there's really no point to doing it. At least with a band as great as Rush there's a reason to be a fanboi biggrin.gif

And a good eight albumsworth of reason not to be a fanboi, and to take up the fine art of Trollery!

Come on Trolls, nail your colours to the mast:

OLD RUSH GOOD, NEW RUSH BAD!

NEILL'S A JERK!!

GEDDY'S VOICE IS SHOT LIVE!!!

PERT STOLE MY DADDY'S LUNCH MONEY!!!!

etc. etc.

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ May 1 2011, 09:03 PM)
Fanboys are lame. Trolls w no originality are lamer. Good trolls with some wit and cleverness rule.

Nothing wrong with being a fanboy......

Fanbois showing way too much love is funny , Trolls are just sad

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ May 2 2011, 01:08 AM)
QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ May 2 2011, 01:19 AM)
I need a ruling.  To be considered a fanbois must you like Dog Years and Tai Shan?  confused13.gif

Why....do YOU like those two songs? Hmmmm????

No...but I've always thought of myself as a bit of a fanboy. I love all eras of Rush. I don't hate any of their albums. I love T4E, Vapor Trails, and S&A. Also, I don't have a problem with Neil's attitude towards the fans either.

That said, I can't stand Dog Years, Virtuality, Tai Shan, & Rivendell. smile.gif

QUOTE (PumpkinHead @ May 1 2011, 03:08 PM)
What group is more pathetic on a Rock & Roll band's web site?

Pumpy says......

Fanbois! yes.gif

http://i883.photobucket.com/albums/ac31/maharanu/imagesCAT2MZVQ.jpg

I agree.

You have to keep abreast of these things to understand them.

Fanbois suck on the veiny, saggy tit of Nu-Rush. Rush trolls slobber between the pert, giant melons of Old Rush.

Tits easy.

I'm not sure which one I am. I've been called both on this message board. What I do know is that threads like this are a sign that there is very little to post about in the Rush world.

I know, lets rank our favorite Rush songs that have more than two syllables in the title but less than five!!!!

HW

QUOTE (Tony R @ May 2 2011, 04:45 PM)

Fanbois suck on the veiny, saggy tit of Nu-Rush. Rush trolls slobber between the pert, giant melons of Old Rush.

Tits easy.

Good heavens, that was graphic! laugh.gif

I guess Im considered a fan boy (spell it right FFS), since I do love Dog Years and Tai Shan. To me, they're good songs, so yeah I like em, big deal. Call me whatever you want, but Rush hasn't disappointed me yet.

"Fanbois", as people have described on the forum aren't really a big deal. They may become a bit of a nuisance at times when they may have a clouded judgment and think the band is perfect, but honestly, I don't find a person who has a passion for the band's music, trying to see the positives in their career, and defend the band they love as terrible thing. I still see them as fans, but simply more passionate in their manner.

Instead, I have a problem with fanatics, those who are obsessed with the band to the point that they follow the band around everywhere and go to their homes (probably more so in the past), as well as other various instances that are borderline psychotic. When stuff get to the extreme like that, that's when people are going too far, and become dangerous. Of course, that is digressing a bit from the topic of "fanbois" vs. trolls, but still thought it was important to share.

As for trolls, I don't find any of them funny and I think it's really sad that they have the time to sit down, think, and post idiotic posts just to annoy people. That truly brings the concept of a "no life" to a new meaning. Besides this post, I don't really respond to trolls, or even mention them. I find it best just to ignore them. Why give them the satisfaction that they desire? They are attention seekers, and want to enrage people. I'm not going to give them that satisfaction.

I have no problem with people criticizing Rush because they are human just like us, and therefore make mistakes or do something we might not agree with. That is perfectly fine, but when people personally bash Neil Peart for an example, and call him vicious words (which have been popping up across the forum), I find it appalling and inexcusable. In my opinion, if you want to criticize the band, criticize them on their work, not them personally. I'm pretty sure a majority of those on this forum have not met all 3 members of the band, let alone, sat down with them on a personal level, so people shouldn't go there in discussion.

So, both trolls and fanatics are bad in their own, different ways.

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ May 2 2011, 10:21 AM)
I'd say trolls because there's really no point to doing it. At least with a band as great as Rush there's a reason to be a fanboi biggrin.gif

How true... laugh.gif 2.gif

I'd say trolls that can't be funny are the worst. Fanboys are annoying, but trolls that are funny actually contribute to the forum by entertaining us.

QUOTE (Tony R @ May 2 2011, 03:45 PM)

Tits easy.

z7shysterical.gif

Archived