Your Rush dream date?

Gilbertk

If you could be at one Rush show in history, which would it be?

Mine is October 13, 2002 in Atlanta. I've heard the recording again and again and Rush seemed to be on fire that night! My dad bought a ticket and for one reason or another was unable to go, so I have that ticket hanging on my wall (I was only 9 then so it's not like I could have gone on my own, haha).

So I was just curious, does anyone else have a Rush show that they wish they could have been at? A Rush "dream date"?

I have two.

1. Rio 2002. I don't care what people say about big stadium shows, I would love to jump up and down during YYZ with about 40,000 other people.

2. Any dates from the second leg of the T4E tour as stated above. Great setlist, '2112' in full...what more could I want!?

Their gig in Liverpool Empire back in 77 or 78. I read in the comments section of the Guardian article a very interesting description of this show.

Apparently just as the lights went down, the PA advised the packed audience that the IRA had just issued a bomb threat and that anyone who wanted to leave should do so immediately. Not one person budged. Rush came on and proceeded to blow the roof off the place - much more effective than semtex nail bombs.

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Apr 17 2011, 05:54 PM)
Opening night VT tour in Hartford.

yes.gif

With a box of Kleenex.....

February 17th 1978 - Glasgow Apollo ... my very first Rush gig. Would LOVE to be able to go back and enjoy that all over again, back in the day when we felt like we were part of a really exclusive small group of devotees of a cult Canadian band. Magic. biggrin.gif trink39.gif

vapor trails tour - staples center los angeles. when they broke into distant early warning (i think it was the 2nd song of the night) i broke into a little teary moment. no one could see me or care less. neil had been through his ordeal and came back. the band was back after a long break. i was so glad they made it through a tough time. was so happy to see them once again.

3 come to mind:

-I'll probably have to go with one of the headlining COS shows where Fountain Of Lamneth was played live.

-One of the Hemispheres tour shows.

-St Louis '80. What a great sounding show (but only have part of it). Would love to hear the whole thing.

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Apr 17 2011, 08:54 PM)
Opening night VT tour in Hartford.

and a great night it was! 1022.gif

QUOTE (apetersvt @ Apr 18 2011, 11:12 AM)
3 come to mind:

-I'll probably have to go with one of the headlining COS shows where Fountain Of Lamneth was played live.
-One of the Hemispheres tour shows.
-St Louis '80. What a great sounding show (but only have part of it). Would love to hear the whole thing.

They have never played Fountain Of Lamneth live. Maybe next tour. Now that would be a dream.

QUOTE (drbirdsong @ Apr 18 2011, 07:17 AM)
Rush came to Nashville for the brief Exit Stage Left tour in 1981.  I was only 15 and my parents wouldn't let me go.  All my friends went.  You can probably guess just how I felt.  sad.gif

oooohh...

couldn't go to power windows (had ticket, friends went) cuz of poor grades in HS...can yo say "F"?

also missed SRV in the same year, same reason. needless to say i "put my nose in dem books"...as an irish/catholic cop once said.

i'd have to pick the permanent waves tour. cleveland preferably.

i mean, you get (most of both) 2112 and hemispheres in the same night!!

i love all rush, but 2112 through moving pictures is nearest and dearest to me.

and i've heard moving pics- 4 bloody times in the last year! biggrin.gif

Archived