rush live song stats

tel

Appologies if this has been done but im sure it will still be of interest to some people.

MOST PERFORMED SONGS.

10)...2112 TEMPLES OF SYRINX

9)...CLOSER TO THE HEART

8)...FREEWILL

7)...2112 OVERTURE

6)...YYZ

5)...DREAMLINE

4)...LIMELIGHT

3)...SPIRIT OF RADIO

2)...TOM SAWYER

1)...DRUM SOLO

LEAST PERFORMED SONGS.

10)...TURN THE PAGE

9)...PRIME MOVER

8)...LOCK AND KEY

7)...FANCY DANCER

6)...PIPELINE??

5)...TWILIGHT ZONE

4)...IN THE MOOD

3)...WE'LL MEET AGAIN??

2)...GARDEN RD

1)...PAINT IT BLACK

INFORMATION COURTESY OF SETLIST F.M

Q) WHAT THE HELL IS PIPELINE?

Q)WE'LL MEET AGAIN?...VERA LYNN?...REALLY?

Are you talking about how many times the song has been played live? I've had the same thought. I wouldn't consider Neil's drum solo a song so I would remove it from the list. I'm pretty sure that Spirit of Radio would be number 1 ahead of Tom Sawyer. It's safe to say that SOR and TS have been played at every show since their respective albums were released. Since PW came out before MP that means there was a whole tour on which SOR was played and TS was not. I would also guess that YYZ would be ahead of Dreamline.

QUOTE (tel @ Apr 11 2011, 06:19 PM)
Appologies if this has been done but im sure it will still be of interest to some people.

MOST PERFORMED SONGS.

9)...CLOSER TO THE HEART
8)...FREEWILL
7)...2112 OVERTURE
6)...YYZ
5)...DREAMLINE
4)...LIMELIGHT
3)...SPIRIT OF RADIO
2)...TOM SAWYER
1)...DRUM SOLO

LEAST PERFORMED SONGS.

10)...TURN THE PAGE
9)...PRIME MOVER
8)...LOCK AND KEY
7)...FANCY DANCER
6)...PIPELINE??
5)...TWILIGHT ZONE
4)...IN THE MOOD
3)...WE'LL MEET AGAIN??
2)...GARDEN RD
1)...PAINT IT BLACK

I can agree with this list, though I can't remember if Fancy Dancer's been performed live. I might be wrong about that one. I remember Closer To The Heart was performed for years and then it got dropped before R30, and then it recently came back. It's only a thought, however.

Paint it black? I don't remember it being on Feedback. Also, wouldn't all the songs they've never been performed live take up the least performed list?

QUOTE (usb_connector @ Apr 11 2011, 06:50 PM)
Paint it black? I don't remember it being on Feedback. Also, wouldn't all the songs they've never been performed live take up the least performed list?

Didn't they do a concert in Toronto with other acts like Guess Who, The Flaming Lips, Tragically Hip and Dan Aykroyd? I think Paint It Black was on that list.

QUOTE (Babycat @ Apr 11 2011, 03:00 PM)
QUOTE (usb_connector @ Apr 11 2011, 06:50 PM)

Didn't they do a concert in Toronto with other acts like Guess Who, The Flaming Lips, Tragically Hip and Dan Aykroyd? I think Paint It Black was on that list.

If they played it then they've still played it once more than Vapor Trail. I seriously would love to hear that live.

I don't get the least performed songs list...is that just the list of songs that were at least played once? Is it counting per tour or per show? I would think songs that have never been played live would be be "least played." And what's with all of the incredible early material and then suddenly 3 tracks from HYF?

And on the other end of the spectrum...no way Dreamline is that high considering Subdivisions isn't even on the list.

QUOTE (The Mighty Dudad @ Apr 11 2011, 07:17 PM)
They played a shortened (but rocking) intrumental version of Paint It Black at the Toronto Rocks (SARStock) concert in 2002 (??), leading into The Spirit of Radio.

Link

That's the one!

There is no way that is correct. "In the Mood" has been played less than "Time and Motion"? Uh, no. The latter was played only a handful or so of times on the TFE tour, while the former has gotten played a lot over the years (though not recently). So yeah, I am calling BS on these stats.

QUOTE (The K Man @ Apr 11 2011, 03:10 PM)
There is no way that is correct. "In the Mood" has been played less than "Time and Motion"? Uh, no. The latter was played only a handful or so of times on the TFE tour, while the former has gotten played a lot over the years (though not recently).

"In The Mood" was the first track I thought of when I saw the least played list. That song was played in almost every Rush concert from '74 to '84. That is hundreds of times.

Pipeline was "technically" Wipe Out played at the end of the show...maybe 2-3 bars of it into the "Alice Bowie" ending... (the Alice Bowie tune was something that Cheech & Chong did on one of their albums..."my mama talkin' to me tryin' ta tell me how to live....nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah naaaaahhhhh)

Any place that has actual "stats" on how many times a particular tune was played???

QUOTE (Babycat @ Apr 11 2011, 01:45 PM)
QUOTE (tel @ Apr 11 2011, 06:19 PM)

MOST PERFORMED SONGS.

9)...CLOSER TO THE HEART
  8)...FREEWILL
  7)...2112 OVERTURE
  6)...YYZ
  5)...DREAMLINE
  4)...LIMELIGHT
  3)...SPIRIT OF RADIO
  2)...TOM SAWYER
  1)...DRUM SOLO

LEAST PERFORMED SONGS.

10)...TURN THE PAGE
  9)...PRIME MOVER
  8)...LOCK AND KEY
  7)...FANCY DANCER
  6)...PIPELINE??
  5)...TWILIGHT ZONE
  4)...IN THE MOOD
  3)...WE'LL MEET AGAIN??
  2)...GARDEN RD
  1)...PAINT IT BLACK

I can agree with this list, though I can't remember if Fancy Dancer's been performed live. I might be wrong about that one. I remember Closer To The Heart was performed for years and then it got dropped before R30, and then it recently came back. It's only a thought, however.

Fancy Dancer? Oh yeah, I have several old bootlegs with that on it....

Bad Boy and Garden Road also!

QUOTE (snowdogged @ Apr 11 2011, 11:54 PM)
QUOTE (tel @ Apr 11 2011, 01:19 PM)

MOST PERFORMED SONGS.

9)...CLOSER TO THE HEART
  8)...FREEWILL
  7)...2112 OVERTURE
  6)...YYZ
  5)...DREAMLINE
  4)...LIMELIGHT
  3)...SPIRIT OF RADIO
  2)...TOM SAWYER
  1)...DRUM SOLO

LEAST PERFORMED SONGS.

10)...TURN THE PAGE
  9)...PRIME MOVER
  8)...LOCK AND KEY
  7)...FANCY DANCER
  6)...PIPELINE??
  5)...TWILIGHT ZONE
  4)...IN THE MOOD
  3)...WE'LL MEET AGAIN??
  2)...GARDEN RD
  1)...PAINT IT BLACK

This list does not seem accurate to me. They have Tom Sawyer second and The Spirit of Radio third. I don't recall Rush ever leaving The Spirit of Radio out of the set list for any tour since it was released. Since it was released before Tom Sawyer then it logically must have been played more that Tom Sawyer. Where is Subdivisions on that list? Where is La Villa Strangiato? There is no way that Dreamline has been played more times than Subdivisions or La Villa. I also think that there is a good chance that many of these songs have been played more than Dreamline: Working Man, The Trees, In the Mood, Xanadu, Red Barchetta, The Big Money, Distant Early Warning, Bytor and the Snowdog.

And the list of least of least played songs is such a joke it is not even worth commenting on.

The Spirit Of Radio was not in the Presto setlist for a little while. The Big Money was later dropped in favour of Spirit.

QUOTE (The K Man @ Apr 11 2011, 03:10 PM)
There is no way that is correct. "In the Mood" has been played less than "Time and Motion"? Uh, no. The latter was played only a handful or so of times on the TFE tour, while the former has gotten played a lot over the years (though not recently). So yeah, I am calling BS on these stats.

Please dont shoot the messenger,for the record i dont agree with it either no.gif

It seems some of you don't get how setlist.fm works. It's not based on every concert a band has played ever. The total number of times a song is listed as being played is based on how many setlists have been put up for that specific band on that site.

The reason TSOR is lower than TS is because there probably haven't been as many setlists from Rush's 1980 tour posted on there. More of the sets posted are from recent tours, so obviously because of that TS would get the edge on TSOR.

Setlist.fm is good if you wanna get an idea of how much a band plays a certian song but it's not the be all, end all of setlist stats. Especially when it comes to a band that's been around for as long as Rush has. It is a decent source of setlist info if you're ever looking for something though.

It would be nice if we had a large database showing every single show Rush has ever done and what they played during that show. And have stats such as, most played and how many times songs have been played and when they first played a particular song and the last time that song was played. Pearl Jam has this database. I haven't seen it in a couple years or even remember where i saw it but it was cool.

QUOTE (apetersvt @ Apr 12 2011, 11:41 AM)
In The Mood is by far the most played live Rush tune. List is definately BS.

I thought Tom Sawyer??? unsure.gif

QUOTE (kooma @ Apr 13 2011, 04:01 AM)
QUOTE (apetersvt @ Apr 12 2011, 11:41 AM)
In The Mood is by far the most played live Rush tune.  List is definately BS.

I thought Tom Sawyer??? unsure.gif

In The Mood was played on every Rush tour through Presto.

Only hasn't been on RTB, CP, VT, R30, SA, and Time Machine.

That makes 6 tours it wasn't played on.

MP was not played on the first 7 tours. Additionally, the earlier tours included more tour dates. If Rush hangs on for a few more tours, it could be overtaken.

Also, TSOR has been played more than TS (I believe). It has been on every tour since PeW with the exception of about half of the Presto shows.

Archived