What is love

Godot

Everybody has a different opinion of love to you. Even geddy lee does, but his lyrics speak for themselves.. Or.. rather really don't speak much sense at all xD but still, what do you think of it as?

love, to me, means the little things - like going to a favorite restaurant together. And then, if you find yourself alone and never seeing that person again, you find it hard to return to that restaurant because it doesn't seem right that the person you loved is not there with you.
  • Like 3

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Feb 3 2011, 11:11 PM)
love, to me, means the little things - like going to a favorite restaurant together. And then, if you find yourself alone and never seeing that person again, you find it hard to return to that restaurant because it doesn't seem right that the person you loved is not there with you.

Oh my god, that was extremely sweet

QUOTE (Litehawk @ Feb 3 2011, 11:15 PM)

you know you're in love when the dynamics of a space feel so different when that person is with you than when that person is not with you. Taking the restaurant as an example again, despite how loud it can be with others talking, it can seem dead quiet without the person you loved not there.

The Cars - "Drive" (1984)

Edited by circumstantial tree

Love is the expression of your willingness to allow someone (or something) to change.

Love is "that feeling" when listening to 2.gif

That special song that's played at the right time that you just connect with at that time...emotionally.

Love in general, takes MANY forms...

What is love is a heavy question.

QUOTE (Litehawk @ Feb 4 2011, 04:15 AM)

Awwww..! heart.gif rose.gif

That's a pretty deep one...

Little things like making dinner for your Hubby. Or letting him have the last cupcake. It's sighing but picking up his underwear off the bathroom floor anyway. Indulging his hobby of restoring organs - even if it takes up too much room. Making a fire so that when he comes home on a cold day, he can warm up in front of it.

It's worked for me for 30 years wub.gif

To me, love is: you can't imagine life without that person, and just the thought of seeing that person again fills you with such intense joy and happiness that you can't contain yourself.

Just my experience with this strange and wonderful thing called love.

Love isn't something that you can define, or put all your emotion into the letters of a dictionary, or even express through words at all. We can try, but in the end, actions always, always will speak louder than words.

And love doesn't always have to be romantic. It's staying on the phone for hours with your best friend as they lament to you over their broken heart. It's taking care of your mom or dad when they're sick. It's giving your dog an extra belly rub as you walk past. It's holding your newborn child for the first time; that little precious miracle. It's staying all night at the hospital with your spouse even when he/she keeps insisting you go home. It's never losing faith in a sibling even when it seems they've lost all hope for the future and touch with reality...

It's so many, many things.. It's all the things we do because we love someone. It's making memories between us. As a rabbi once told me, "In the end, all we have are our relationships."

And there are so many to be had.

Edited by CMWriter

I addressed this question as part of an online journal meme recently. Here is what I wrote:

I've been having a problem with this one, because when I try to think about what I have to say about love and what it is, my brain flies off into hundreds of bright twinkling little pieces that all try to catch my eye and demand my attention, but none of which I can quite grab hold of, or even perhaps want to.

It's been said that "all you need is love," and although there might be a very broad sense in which that's true, it's definitely a tremendous oversimplification as applied to everyday life, relationships and communication. I much prefer the Cygnus view of the whole thing which acknowledges that although love does indeed bring laughter, music, joy and tears, and soothes your primal fears, without intellect and hard work there is nothing but spirits divided into blinded hemispheres, and suddenly we're back to music again. I think of that man trying to sing that song and how hard it was, of how he took on a challenge that tried to break him but he withstood it with stubbornness, passion and a hell of a strong diaphragm to create something that thirty-five years later makes my heart flutter and fortifies the strength of my soul to struggle towards life and achievement, and that is not quite a person and not quite an idea and not at all a tangible, definable, quantifiable entity of any kind, but it is...Love.

Letting your heart go 100% to the one you love,trusting that with someone is love to me.

My bud says it is side stepping the clutch at 6500 in a Hemi Dart 4spd, but I digress. cool.gif

QUOTE (ridertoo98 @ Feb 4 2011, 11:43 AM)
My bud says it is side stepping the clutch at 6500 in a Hemi Dart 4spd, but I digress. cool.gif

laugh.gif

QUOTE (luvrush @ Feb 4 2011, 01:44 PM)
QUOTE (tkdryan @ Feb 3 2011, 10:22 PM)
She inspires me to be a better person  rose.gif  heart.gif  hug2.gif

Ryan ... that is very sweet! Is she into martial arts too?

actually i am a single guy,,,,, but that is the kind of woman i want to fall in love with

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Feb 4 2011, 12:43 AM)
that "night at the roxbury" song just popped into my head

Funny, I immediately thought of the Howard Jones song from the 80's.

• Like 1