If you were gonna cut down a tree....

Lost In Xanadu

If you were gonna cut down a tree, what would you use?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. If you were gonna cut down a tree, what would you use?

• Hatchet
    • Axe
    • Saw

I would use Saw... I'd use Jigsaw. He would mentally torture the tree and then slowly, painfully, saw it until it cracked and bled and fell to the ground..

...But I don't think any of those tactics would have much of an effect on a tree.

Hm.

QUOTE (Fordgalaxy @ Dec 7 2010, 06:34 PM)
An axe is more versatile. A hatchet would take way too long depending on the size of the trunk.

But no woodsman worth his bark would be caught dead without a chainsaw and the song doesn't specify. Stihl.

yes.gif Chainsaws are fun. I've cut down saplings no more than 2" in diameter with a chainsaw, just because I could.

Besides, the song implies an entire forest got leveled. That would very likely involve lots of burly woodsmen with chainsaws.

Probably an axe.

Although the Knights who say Ni would want you to cut the tree down...with... a herring!

QUOTE (Mara @ Dec 8 2010, 03:55 AM)
I've cut down saplings no more than 2" in diameter with a chainsaw, just because I could.

Aw Mara, you've disappointed me now... fists crying.gif

QUOTE (Jaye @ Dec 8 2010, 02:52 PM)
I've cut down saplings no more than 2" in diameter with a chainsaw, just because I could.

LOL

We have so many trees on our property, if we never cut down (or pulled out) the little saplings that grow every spring, we would have NO backyard.

Lately, we have been digging them up and donating them to families int he area looking for some Maples.

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Dec 8 2010, 08:17 PM)
QUOTE (Jaye @ Dec 8 2010, 02:52 PM)

LOL

We have so many trees on our property, if we never cut down (or pulled out) the little saplings that grow every spring, we would have NO backyard.

Yes you would, you'd have a backyard full of lovely trees! cool.gif

I am such a hippy! laugh.gif

QUOTE (Jaye @ Dec 8 2010, 03:52 PM)

I didn't do it just to "be mean to trees"! The saplings are in an area where they will never grow and we are trying to somehow beautify that part of our yard. Somehow. . .

I had to take down larger trees, and it was easier just to use the chainsaw on the saplings as well.

You make it sound like you think I'm some sort of gas-powered-chainsawing Paul Bunyan, roaming the woods and felling all before me!

Archived