If you were gonna cut down a tree....

Lost In Xanadu

If you were gonna cut down a tree, what would you use?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. If you were gonna cut down a tree, what would you use?

• Hatchet
    • Axe
    • Saw

QUOTE (Mara @ Dec 8 2010, 04:39 PM)
QUOTE (Jaye @ Dec 8 2010, 03:52 PM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Dec 8 2010, 03:55 AM)
I've cut down saplings no more than 2" in diameter with a chainsaw, just because I could.

Aw Mara, you've disappointed me now... fists crying.gif

I didn't do it just to "be mean to trees"! The saplings are in an area where they will never grow and we are trying to somehow beautify that part of our yard. Somehow. . .

I had to take down larger trees, and it was easier just to use the chainsaw on the saplings as well.

You make it sound like you think I'm some sort of gas-powered-chainsawing Paul Bunyan, roaming the woods and felling all before me!

Trees, like other things that need to be pruned or trimmed, look better if they're taken care of with selective pruning and thinning. Less is more. smile.gif

Also, they do better if they're not crowded. If you just let them grow wild, then just like the song, some of the larger or more aggressive growing trees will crowd out the others.

QUOTE (Mara @ Dec 8 2010, 09:39 PM)
I've cut down saplings no more than 2" in diameter with a chainsaw, just because I could.

I didn't do it just to "be mean to trees"! The saplings are in an area where they will never grow and we are trying to somehow beautify that part of our yard. Somehow. . .

I had to take down larger trees, and it was easier just to use the chainsaw on the saplings as well.

You make it sound like you think I'm some sort of gas-powered-chainsawing Paul Bunyan, roaming the woods and felling all before me!

It was the way you said "Just because I could" as if there were no other reason for doing it...

QUOTE (Jaye @ Dec 9 2010, 12:51 PM)

It was the way you said "Just because I could" as if there were no other reason for doing it...

I can see how that might read that way. Nah, I can find other ways of entertaining myself! laugh.gif

QUOTE (Jaye @ Dec 9 2010, 11:51 AM)

Hindu Goddess of Death...hello?

I would use a grenade, because that is the mood I'm in at this moment.

But usually,

we plant trees on my land and the solar roof is nearly finished.

Archived