Guilty Pleasure Rush song!

losingit2k

Good point.

I find myself liking nearly everything Rush has done, not because I'm expecting a particular sound from them (or not), and not because "it's Rush."

I genuinely like their more song-based experiments as well as their longer-form tunes. There's a song/album for virtually every mood.

Sure, there's a list of tunes I like less (and tend to skip), but it's a pretty short list.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Mystic Slipperman @ Aug 3 2010, 02:46 PM)
Good point.

I find myself liking nearly everything Rush has done, not because I'm expecting a particular sound from them (or not), and not because "it's Rush."
I genuinely like their more song-based experiments as well as their longer-form tunes. There's a song/album for virtually every mood.

Sure, there's a list of tunes I like less (and tend to skip), but it's a pretty short list.

1287.gif I concur!!!

Hmm...there are lots for me:

NEUROTICA

VIRTUALITY

MADRIGAL

HAND OVER FIST

ROLL THE BONES

THE LARGER BOWL

I honestly love all these songs, and I've never understood the hate for any of them at all. Not only are all of these songs great, but some of them are even my favourite track off their respective albums.

Fire away! bekloppt.gif

QUOTE (cygnus_thegodofbalance @ Jul 30 2010, 10:24 PM)
I wonder what the best thing was that people compared something to before sliced bread came along.

Toilet paper.

QUOTE (cygnus_thegodofbalance @ Aug 3 2010, 08:05 PM)
QUOTE (ProfGumby @ Aug 3 2010, 09:04 PM)
I wonder what the best thing was that people compared something to before sliced bread came along.

Toilet paper.

Yeah. What did they use before toilet paper came along?

In Rome, it was the left hand or a sponge on a stick.

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jul 31 2010, 12:17 PM)
Which Rush songs is you guilty pleasure!

Mind is Losing it!

I think it's the best thing since sliced bread!

wub.gif

That's nothing to feel guilty about. It's a decent song with great lyrics. If you had said "You Bet Your Life" , it'd be a different story tongue.gif

QUOTE (cygnus_thegodofbalance @ Aug 3 2010, 09:05 PM)

Toilet paper.

the wheel.

and before that people didn't make comparisons, because everything was the best invention. Unless you count fire, but that was more of a discovery.

Though I think the wheel is a better invention than sliced bread, but not much can equal the wheel. So most things get compared to sliced bread. But if I really like something it gets compared to the wheel. Not much reaches wheel level.

QUOTE (Chrysalii @ Aug 4 2010, 06:49 AM)

Toilet paper.

the wheel.

and before that people didn't make comparisons, because everything was the best invention. Unless you count fire, but that was more of a discovery.

Though I think the wheel is a better invention than sliced bread, but not much can equal the wheel. So most things get compared to sliced bread. But if I really like something it gets compared to the wheel. Not much reaches wheel level.

Seriously- the wheel is MUCH better than sliced bread. Without the wheel we wouldn't have "Between the Wheels" or "The Big Wheel". Without sliced bread- well, we wouldn't be missing any songs at all, would we?

And yeah, I like "The Big Wheel"- call it a guilty pleasure (see what I did there?)

QUOTE (SlyJeff @ Aug 4 2010, 07:33 AM)

Toilet paper.

the wheel.

Seriously- the wheel is MUCH better than sliced bread. Without the wheel we wouldn't have "Between the Wheels" or "The Big Wheel". Without sliced bread- well, we wouldn't be missing any songs at all, would we?

And yeah, I like "The Big Wheel"- call it a guilty pleasure (see what I did there?)

Wow! Nice segway.

But seriously, without sliced bread, we wouldn't have sandwiches. What would the human race do without sandwiches!?

QUOTE (cygnus_thegodofbalance @ Aug 4 2010, 11:00 AM)

Toilet paper.

the wheel.

Wow! Nice segway.

But seriously, without sliced bread, we wouldn't have sandwiches. What would the human race do without sandwiches!?

Without sliced bread we'd still have sandwiches, but we'd have to cut the bread into slices, dude...

Wow! Nice segway.

How did you know he was riding a segway?

Anyway, I like Big Wheel and High Water.

QUOTE (RodrigoAltaf @ Aug 4 2010, 11:36 AM)

Toilet paper.

the wheel.

Wow! Nice segway.

Without sliced bread we'd still have sandwiches, but we'd have to cut the bread into slices, dude...

Yeah, but who wants to put that much effort into making a meal laugh.gif

I've always liked Red Lenses, especially the SCTV "National Midnight Star" ("It's true!") joke.

I Think I'm Going Bald is hilarious...I've never understood why people hate it so much. Although it's definitely out of place on CoS.

Don't really have a problem with Superconductor, except for Rupert Hine's "Superconductor" vocal. I just can't stand the thought of Rupert Hine producing Rush, much less hearing his voice in a song.

These are songs that a lot of fans diss, however I like:

Rivendell

I Think I'm Going Bald

Red Lenses

Body Electric

Tai Shan

Anagram (for Mongo)

Heresy

Speed of Love

Based on comments I've read on these songs, my guilty pleasures would probably be Tears, Rivendell, and Heresy. The first two may not be great like a majority of their songs but they're still decent. Heresy ain't too bad, either. Also, I could never consider Losing It a "guilty pleasure." It's a fantastic song with a really eerie (electric violin) solo. Also, I wonder if anyone out there likes Freeze and Nocturne as much as I do... unsure.gif

Sorry, but I don't feel "guilty" listening to any Rush song.

I mean, really......I never feel the need to close my window shades, lock my doors, and put on the headphones just so I can sneak a listen to "Unpopular Rush song"..... and then deny doing it the next day.....

When it comes down to it, a Rush song only has to be popular to one person - ME!! tongue.gif

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Aug 4 2010, 08:14 PM)
Sorry, but I don't feel "guilty" listening to any Rush song.

I mean, really......I never feel the need to close my window shades, lock my doors, and put on the headphones just so I can sneak a listen to "Unpopular Rush song"..... and then deny doing it the next day.....

When it comes down to it, a Rush song only has to be popular to one person - ME!!  tongue.gif

Dude put down the Anvil! None of us are lowering shades and denying that we listen to the songs. On the Contrary, we are voicing our independence! we are gather together to say! " We will not go quietly into that dark night! We are claiming that we love these underated and often looked over Rush songs!

And I would have words with any person who says other! Why, cause we are on a thread and lets face words are all we have!

rofl3.gif

NEED SOME LOVE! 1022.gif

As well as Take A Friend, Rivendell, I Think I'm Going Bald, The Necromancer, New World Man, Red Lenses, The Body Electric, Anagram, RED TIDE, Roll The Bones, Speed of Love, Everyday Glory, Dog Years

The Speed of Love, Dog Years, Presto, Available Light, Superconductor, Anagram (Presto has really grown on me!), Heresy, Faithless.

However, there are no songs by RUSH that makes me hit the next button or turn down the volume.

Archived