Guilty Pleasure Rush song!

losingit2k

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (xXDreamlinerXx @ Jul 31 2010, 03:00 AM)
The one that's sticking out right now (there's quite a few for me...) is Hand Over Fist. I honestly don't get the hate for that song. confused13.gif

Essentially, it's a pop song. A lot of Rush fans don't like pop songs. It's a good tune, by the way.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jul 31 2010, 12:02 AM)
QUOTE (xXDreamlinerXx @ Jul 31 2010, 03:00 AM)
The one that's sticking out right now (there's quite a few for me...) is Hand Over Fist. I honestly don't get the hate for that song.  confused13.gif

Essentially, it's a pop song. A lot of Rush fans don't like pop songs. It's a good tune, by the way.

Well then I need to start listening to more pop!

I love that song too, it's awesome how it builds up

"hand over hand doesn't seem so much, hand over hand is the strength of a common touch"

To tell you the truth, I don't believe in the whole 'guilty pleasure' thing - be it for Rush or anything else.

If I like it, I like it and I don't give a damn what anyone else says so I feel no guilt at all in what I like.

Although, if pushed to name anything like that, I would have to say the Not Fade Away single

QUOTE (x_analog_kid_x @ Jul 31 2010, 03:12 AM)
...Red Lenses.
Don't kill me!
I cant stop listening to it...

ya know, I liked that song for 20+ years before I started to find out on the internet boards that people didnt like it. I never even considered it to be a lame song and now I find some Rush fans dont like it.

I agree that Losing It is a fantastic song. But I wouldnt consider it a guilty pleasure. While its underappreciated, its never been considered lame by folks.

Now, to that end, I'm going to confess to liking Tears alot!

QUOTE (greg2112 @ Jul 31 2010, 05:28 AM)
I agree that Losing It is a fantastic song. But I wouldnt consider it a guilty pleasure. While its underappreciated, its never been considered lame by folks.

Now, to that end, I'm going to confess to liking Tears alot!

I'm a big fan of Tears as well! I love the whole sound of the song. Specially Geddy on Mellotron. (Is that how you spell it?)

confused13.gif

QUOTE (hughes&kettner @ Jul 31 2010, 08:04 AM)
QUOTE (x_analog_kid_x @ Jul 31 2010, 03:12 AM)
...Red Lenses.
Don't kill me!
I cant stop listening to it...

i always dug that song. i love love love the huge guitar sound on that song.

ps: haters- go listen to it!

Geddy kicks serious @ss on that song!

cool.gif

I guess that I would have to say that the guilty pleasure I get the most is from the Necomancer. Now, I am not just talking about the kick-ass playing the boys do-I actually enjoy the narration. Yes, I know...btw, Chemistry, Losing It and Hand Over Fist are excellent songs, but I listen to COS when I am alone to spare me from criticism.

If a Guilty Pleasure is something somewhat embarrassing....than mine would be ....Dog Years.

I sometimes crank that song and sing the words out loud, but.....

I have to make sure the door is locked, shutters closed and none of my friends are on their way over....

And when no one is looking....I turn up the volume even more and basked in the dirty, shameful, guilty pleasure that Dog Years is. unsure.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jul 30 2010, 10:17 PM)
Which Rush songs is you guilty pleasure!

I have no "guilty" pleasures. If I like the song, I have no guilt about saying so. cool.gif

However... here are some somgs I love that this board frequently tries (and utterly fails) to make me feel guilty about biggrin.gif

Superconductor

Anagram

Roll The Bones ("the night has a thousand saxophones... 653.gif )

Red Lenses

You Bet Your Life (so, I'm a hip=hop lite pop metalist. You got a problem with that?)

Nobody's Hero

The Larger Bowl

High Water

pretty much the entire VT album eyesre4.gif

If you don't like them, I'm not responsible for your lack of taste tongue.gif

QUOTE (cygnus_thegodofbalance @ Jul 30 2010, 10:42 PM)
In all seriousness, my guilty pleasure song would be The Big Wheel. I just love how melodic and sweet sounding that song is.

Me too. I love the chorus on that. Anagram would be another one for me. I wouldn't consider any song a "guilty pleasure" since i'm not embarrased to admit that I like any song from Rush.

Archived