Filming The Time Machine

losingit2k

Well lately Rush has been filming every tour. I think this will be no exception! That said, at which city do you think they'll film The Time Machine Tour?

I'm hoping it will be their last show at West Palm Beach! Since I'll be there!

2.gif

Edited by losingit2k

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they should film it at Red Rocks. They are gonna be there two straight nights, so they have the ability to use more material to edit from. I know they wished they had filmed at Red Rocks in the past, so they just may do it this time.

Of course, this is merely speculation on my part, but it does make sense.

I think they could easily do it in Columbus since it's in an arena and the only video they haven't recorded in an arena was Rush In Rio. And Columbus has always given a good crowd to Rush.

I think it's possible they'll save the concert DVD for the maxi-tour next year, but I really hope they film at least one show this year to include any tracks not played next year as a bonus on the disc.

QUOTE (Merely Space @ Jul 2 2010, 08:54 AM)
I think it's possible they'll save the concert DVD for the maxi-tour next year, but I really hope they film at least one show this year to include any tracks not played next year as a bonus on the disc.

I was thinking the same ting. I could understand if they didn't release a DVD of this "mini" tour.

I actually think they will record this tour. Next years tour is going to be different in many ways. This one has a total concept all of it's own. The stage set up and all the quirky equipment for the Time Machine. Also, I remember reading an interview with Alex some time ago and he said it was their goal now to film and record as much of their catalog as possible for posterity.

I doubt if they would consider recording their South American leg (not officially announced yet) So I would agree that Red Rocks makes the most sense to record. Two Shows with a day off in the middle. That would allow them time to ensure the second day goes off without any technical problems.

Matt

QUOTE (irish_matt @ Jul 2 2010, 09:18 AM)
I actually think they will record this tour. Next years tour is going to be different in many ways. This one has a total concept all of it's own. The stage set up and all the quirky equipment for the Time Machine. Also, I remember reading an interview with Alex some time ago and he said it was their goal now to film and record as much of their catalog as possible for posterity.

I doubt if they would consider recording their South American leg (not officially announced yet) So I would agree that Red Rocks makes the most sense to record. Two Shows with a day off in the middle. That would allow them time to ensure the second day goes off without any technical problems.

Matt

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (Outtalove @ Jul 2 2010, 09:55 AM)
Only thing about Red Rocks is it's outdoors. Most bands tend to film indoors, so they have the full effect of the lighting from the beginning to the end.

Rush in Rio was outdoors. Many bands have filmed shows at Red Rocks. Although I prefer to see the indoor shows filmed for the best possible light effects, Red Rocks would be a great choice as far as out door venues go.

I think they should film this tour, however not release the full show like they have. The 30th anniversary of Moving Pictures is in 2011, so I think they should film the show (or at least the Moving Pictures portion), then release it as a special set celebrating the Moving Pictures albums 30th birthday. Disc 1 could be the album, and disc 2 could be a DVD featuring Moving Pictures in its entirety LIVE in glorious HD and 5.1 Surround Sound.

I think that would be pretty darn good!!!! smile.gif

u2 was pretty damn good at red rocks.

but i really hope they record at least something from this tour. i think they will because of moving pictures. that's something really special.

QUOTE (powerwindows @ Jul 2 2010, 05:24 AM)
I think they should film it at Red Rocks.  They are gonna be there two straight nights, so they have the ability to use more material to edit from.  I know they wished they had filmed at Red Rocks in the past, so they just may do it this time.

Of course, this is merely speculation on my part, but it does make sense.

Chicago has two shows too so it could be there also. Being my home venue RR would be great but our weather can be pretty unpredictable. I am seeing 5 shows this tour and I hope if they do film it is one of those venues.

Edited by nobodys hero

QUOTE (bigman208 @ Jul 2 2010, 10:09 AM)
I think they should film this tour, however not release the full show like they have. The 30th anniversary of Moving Pictures is in 2011, so I think they should film the show (or at least the Moving Pictures portion), then release it as a special set celebrating the Moving Pictures albums 30th birthday. Disc 1 could be the album, and disc 2 could be a DVD featuring Moving Pictures in its entirety LIVE in glorious HD and 5.1 Surround Sound.

I think that would be pretty darn good!!!! smile.gif

I think you are onto something there. That could very well happen. If they do end up releasing a 30th Anniversary edition of MP, nothing like a bonus DVD to sell the CD. I would hope the whole show gets included should this happen.

They should film a DVD over here in England yes.gif

failing that, I'd settle for them playing over here in England unsure.gif

Edited by Your_Lion

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jul 2 2010, 03:20 PM)
Why can't they just film a bunch on this tour and the next and then put together a best of DVD (regardless of location) from that?

Exactly what my thoughts are. Film a few venues this year and what ever changes they make to the setlist next year use these as bonus video. Now they can film the MN State Fair as MN always appreciates them. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I think that is exactly what is going to happen in terms of re-releasing a special edition version of MP along with a filmed show from this tour. They can save the never before filmed or performed songs for extras on the next full blown dvd.

I remember reading an article that RIAB posted about Rush re-releasing their albums late this year or early next year, so this idea is possible.

I would love for them to film @ the Woodlands in TX (my gig) but having been to the venue before it's not an ideal venue for recording (as far as I can tell).

And Yes, Red Rocks would be the best venue to film this tour. (Unless they're doing any indoor arenas in NA.)

And as far as filming Moving Pictures and releasing it on DVD with the album I think is a perfect idea. I hope that all of their remasters coming out next year contain 5.1 surround, bonus tracks and videos, extensive liner notes. Look at the Genesis remasters and the three King Crimson reissues as a guide for what they should do. They could really make good money off of these reissues if they really give the fans a lot of extra stuff.

QUOTE (mmcgrane @ Jul 2 2010, 03:43 PM)
QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jul 2 2010, 03:20 PM)
Why can't they just film a bunch on this tour and the next and then put together a best of DVD (regardless of location) from that?

Exactly what my thoughts are. Film a few venues this year and what ever changes they make to the setlist next year use these as bonus video. Now they can film the MN State Fair as MN always appreciates them. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

it's really expensive and cumbersome to carry around all that filming equipment

I hope they film MP on this tour at several venues (7, one for each song) and make a Live MP DVD.

Hoping they record one song at Irvine Meadows. Alex has said he really likes this venue and when it was the last stop on the '90 Presto Tour the sound and energy was epic.

A Live Moving Pictures album would sell on it's own accord or help the Clockwork Angels sales as a bonus DVD.

I really have myself believing in this now....great. Now I expect a LIVE MOVING PICTURES DVD. (with some new song bonus tracks).

RUSH....please make it happen.