What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

I got the house alone to myself for about 7 hours today. Felt freakin' great when I was able to play my music loud enough to shake things biggrin.gif

Along with losing weight everywhere else on my body, it seems my FINGERS are also thinner now. My wedding ring must've fallen off my finger on Thursday night at some point. I discovered it was missing from my finger at midnight, and thought "It could be ANYWHERE! When did it fall off?"

On Friday morning, I drove to the Little League where I had been coaching the night before. I hopped the fence surrounding the ballfield. (At 44, something which would've been much harder to do before losing the weight!) I looked around for less than a minute, and there was my ring, right behind home plate. I put it on, hopped back over the fence, and left, feeling elated.

What made my day? Finding my lost wedding ring, and finding it so quickly. And being able to "hop a fence" again.

FWIW: A Facebook friend says the same thing happened to him, but he wasn't as lucky. About 1.5 years ago, he lost a lot of weight, including in his fingers. His wedding ring fell off and he lost it.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ May 5 2012, 12:21 AM)
Along with losing weight everywhere else on my body, it seems my FINGERS are also thinner now. My wedding ring must've fallen off my finger on Thursday night at some point. I discovered it was missing from my finger at midnight, and thought "It could be ANYWHERE! When did it fall off?"

On Friday morning, I drove to the Little League where I had been coaching the night before. I hopped the fence surrounding the ballfield. (At 44, something which would've been much harder to do before losing the weight!) I looked around for less than a minute, and there was my ring, right behind home plate. I put it on, hopped back over the fence, and left, feeling elated.

What made my day? Finding my lost wedding ring, and finding it so quickly. And being able to "hop a fence" again.

FWIW: A Facebook friend says the same thing happened to him, but he wasn't as lucky. About 1.5 years ago, he lost a lot of weight, including in his fingers. His wedding ring fell off and he lost it.

It's awesome that you found it!!

Bought 3rd row Geddy side seats for Pittsburgh last night! bncegrn.gif icon_alienjig.gif cheer.gif common001.gif Of course, I now have to sell the ones I bought earlier, but they're decent, so I'm pretty hopeful. I just need to get them in the mail...

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ May 4 2012, 04:33 PM)
I'm moving tomorrow... so I've been busy freaking out, making sure everything goes smoothly for tomorrow. Just finishing up some last minute packing then Im gonna have some MUCH NEEDED RELAXING!!!

trink39.gif

Big news coming soon...

smile.gif

Between this and Facebook... Yer torturing me!!!!!!! dazed025.gif

biggrin.gif

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ May 6 2012, 01:02 AM)
Bought 3rd row Geddy side seats for Pittsburgh last night! bncegrn.gif icon_alienjig.gif cheer.gif common001.gif Of course, I now have to sell the ones I bought earlier, but they're decent, so I'm pretty hopeful. I just need to get them in the mail...

Nice!!!

I had 4th row, Geddy's side last year and the show was just amazing. Its totally worth it.

This.... this made my day today. laugh.gif

So, I'm in my classroom working this morning, listening to RUSH, Necromancer ( 1022.gif ) and a 14-year old early bird strolls in to drop off her backpack. She turns and says, "I know this band...it's....RUSH, right? I love RUSH!"

Made my day, restored my faith in the future of our great nation, and earned her an "A" for the semester!

smile.gif

QUOTE (goose @ May 10 2012, 12:28 PM)
So, I'm in my classroom working this morning, listening to RUSH, Necromancer ( 1022.gif ) and a 14-year old early bird strolls in to drop off her backpack. She turns and says, "I know this band...it's....RUSH, right? I love RUSH!"

Made my day, restored my faith in the future of our great nation, and earned her an "A" for the semester!

smile.gif

maybe her grandfather got her into RUSH tongue.gif

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ May 5 2012, 07:21 AM)

Can't believe how lucky you were in finding your ring! Awesome! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Well the day started off really bad. I was making some dippy eggs, and after I made them I realized I had no bread to dip into them....Ugh the worst day eve, or so it would seem. Later on I went out with my buddy for dinner, then we went to 'Sweet frog' for some Ice cream. He paid for my Ice Cream. Quite possibly this was the greatest day of my life!

Thank you Scott, I will never forget you great generosity!

Getting accepted to the UW Tacoma for my post-baccalaureate degree in computer science!!! common001.gif Yayyyyyy

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ May 15 2012, 05:07 PM)
THE countdown officially starts today! wub.gif biggrin.gif

"The" countdown? For wedding bells? Baby news? The Rush show? A sale on Dole pineapple? WHAT!!??

Edited by Janie

What made my day? Having a day off work, and relaxing on a blanket under the blossoming crabapple tree with petals dancing in the wind, watching the sun slowly go down.

Kind of fluffy, but very relaxing! th1245.gif

QUOTE (Janie @ May 15 2012, 10:36 PM)

"The" countdown? For wedding bells? Baby news? The Rush show? A sale on Dole pineapple? WHAT!!??

You are close... All will be revealed soon, it does involve me and D-RocK

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ May 16 2012, 09:46 AM)

It's gotta be the Dole pineapple. yes.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ May 16 2012, 07:55 AM)

Mmm... Gotta love that juicy goodness

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ May 16 2012, 09:16 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ May 16 2012, 07:55 AM)

Mmm... Gotta love that juicy goodness

MAN! What is it with TRF and food today? First hash browns, then naan, and now THIS! drool1.gif