What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

QUOTE (ridertoo98 @ Aug 10 2012, 11:02 PM)
this is yr 6 for me and my GF. dinner out tonite. cool.gif

I'm happy for you, rider trink39.gif

What made my day? Not having to go to work!

Of course, I still woke up at 5am.... doh.gif

I'm hoping they finish my kitchen today (oh please, oh please, oh please) Did we say 4 to 6 weeks? Haha, we meant months.

Fingers crossed.

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Aug 3 2012, 05:58 PM)
came across this email in a deleted folder and it made me smile smile.gif

Tue 12/12/2006 4:03 PM

Success!

An administrator has accepted your registration request at The Rush Forum. You may now log in with your chosen details and access your full user account at http://www.therushforum.com/index.php

Regards,

The Rush Forum team.
http://www.therushforum.com/index.php

How cool! biggrin.gif

What made my day:

Cookies!

Listening to Kansas

Reading Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

'Twas a good, good day. smile.gif

Made the $$ today at work,was busy as hell but went ok. then a nice dinner and a walk with my Lady, got caught in a rain storm at the snowball stand. Little things in life make it good sometimes biggrin.gif

Spent the day with my youngest who just finished her summer gig at Cedar Point (a big amusement park). She goes back to college in a few days (out of state), so we made the most of it today. Mom is out of town for a couple of weeks, so it was a Daddy-Daughter Day: Breakfast together at my favorite diner where they always have live music on Saturday mornings; spent a few hours at the Toledo Museum of Art; chilled at home for a while discussing life; then introduced her to my favorite Mexican place for dinner. Of course Rush was played in the car everywhere we went biggrin.gif

An awesome, awesome day together.

Edited by Chronos

Also, I finally sat down and figured out the chords for Don't Look Back in Anger and played it through a few times. Nothing terribly difficult about it, it's just so well done. The music, the lyrics, and the vocals are filled with so much melancholy, so much sad hope, so much power.

It is very cathartic to listen to it, but it is even more cathartic playing along with it.

Thank you, Noel Gallagher, for penning such a moving song.

QUOTE (Sheldon Cooper @ Aug 14 2012, 06:53 AM)
Despite being suspended from the SOCN, I still managed to get three posts in there today, thanks to a thread being moved from the Rush sub-forum.

laugh.gif

How did you get suspended? What's it like in there?

QUOTE (Babycat @ Aug 14 2012, 02:41 AM)
Despite being suspended from the SOCN, I still managed to get three posts in there today, thanks to a thread being moved from the Rush sub-forum.

laugh.gif

I said a bunch of bad things about someone else in there, and one of them was bad enough to violate the rules. I deserved to be suspended, and I am happily serving.

What is it like in there? It is essentially the same 10-15 people discussing/arguing over the same 6-7 topics, making the same points and arguments, until the Apocalypse.

QUOTE (Sheldon Cooper @ Aug 14 2012, 07:47 AM)
QUOTE (Babycat @ Aug 14 2012, 02:41 AM)

laugh.gif

I said a bunch of bad things about someone else in there, and one of them was bad enough to violate the rules. I deserved to be suspended, and I am happily serving.

What is it like in there? It is essentially the same 10-15 people discussing/arguing over the same 6-7 topics, making the same points and arguments, until the Apocalypse.

Well, I'll never know what it's like in there, but thanks for explaining it. smile.gif

Just got home with new bed pillows......

AAAAHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh............. 1022.gif 1022.gif

Took myself shopping today, got a new coffee maker thingy. A French Press, and a coffee grinder. Then went to Trader Joe's and got some fancy coffee beans.

Dropped a butt-load of money at Victoria's Secret.

Grocery shopping done for the next week and now watching Hunger Games and drinking a really good cup of coffee.

An excellent day.

I went to Irish fest yesterday and had a blast listening to all of the different bands.

This might not be a big deal to some people, but I usually hit 3 or 4 of these ethnic festivals, 3 or 4 parish festivals, multiple county fairs, and baseball games each summer. I haven't had time to go to anything this summer, until now.

Just got back from Ohio, left Sat am back 145 today. Picked up my kids from my parents. No troubles, got 30 mpg on the old Saab .LOL Who needs a hybred biggrin.gif