What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Didn't make my day but I found it amusing:

Was reading Wikipedia and saw this,"...(Halle) Berry married her 2nd husband, Eric Benet, on January 24, 2001 following a 2-year courtship. Benet underwent treatment for sex addiction in 2002."

Of course!!! It's Halle Berry!!!

Not only did both my kids get straight A's this year, my boy also got perfect attendance for the year. Now were getting ready to go for 6 days to Current River in the Ozark National Scenic River ways in Missouri staying in a cabin just off the river. Good times ahead!!!

My 18 year old cat's bloodwork came back fine. Yes, I know she is a little old kitty but she is a fighter and it made my day. Her thyroid meds are working out well.

She also likes Rush so she is the coolest cat ever.

Cheers,

frippy

:hug2: for you both! :)

• Like 1

Not only did both my kids get straight A's this year, my boy also got perfect attendance for the year. Now were getting ready to go for 6 days to Current River in the Ozark National Scenic River ways in Missouri staying in a cabin just off the river. Good times ahead!!!

Well done to your kids! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

For an entire 24 hours I have managed to avoid any and all stories or references to the brat that Kartrashian just popped out. This is a personal little trend I intend to continue for as long as possible!

(Day was good in other respects as well - my life is not that empty and meaningless!)

• Like 1

My first time doing karaoke...DRUNK! :LOL:

I did Your Love by The Outfield and Electric Blue by Icehouse. You can NEVER go wrong with 80s one hit/album wonders at karaoke. I was at a bar since a friend of mine was thorwing a farewell get together before he moves out of state to Colorado.

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jun 9 2010, 09:32 AM) QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Jun 9 2010, 03:46 AM) Why, seeing a new What Made Your Day Today thread of course!

You can't see me now, but I'm dancing.

653.gif

Tell 'em, GG! There's nothing like installing a brand spankin' new What Made Your Day thread. This one is a beaut! Oh, it's a big pretty white thread with red stripes, curtains in the windows and wheels and it looks like a big Tylenol!

AND-There's a sale at Penney's!

• Like 1

Technically, this happened yesterday, but since I'm still really happy about it, it makes my day today too.

Yesterday, I bought tickets/wristbands/whatever to the Ottawa Bluesfest for the July 8 show. Seeing them 5 times on this tour is a first for me, but not what truly made my day. What made my day is that I bought 3 tickets; one for me, one for my spouse and one for ... my dad! :o

I'm taking my 76 year old father to see Rush! He watched BTLS (with no fore knowledge from me) and really enjoyed it. He wanted to get to know me (we were estranged for about 20 years) and he is using Rush as a point of connection. :D Dad's a huge Dylan fan, more so for folk Dylan, but seeing a rock show isn't outside of his comfort zone since he still sees Dylan when he tours.

I'm over the moon about it! :yay: I can't believe I'm bringing my Dad to a Rush concert!

:7up: :rush: :chickendance: :dweez:

• Like 3

I'm supporting databases today, globally for my company and did not get called for a single problem. The moon and star must be in the 7th house.

:martini:

Technically, this happened yesterday, but since I'm still really happy about it, it makes my day today too.

Yesterday, I bought tickets/wristbands/whatever to the Ottawa Bluesfest for the July 8 show. Seeing them 5 times on this tour is a first for me, but not what truly made my day. What made my day is that I bought 3 tickets; one for me, one for my spouse and one for ... my dad! :o

I'm taking my 76 year old father to see Rush! He watched BTLS (with no fore knowledge from me) and really enjoyed it. He wanted to get to know me (we were estranged for about 20 years) and he is using Rush as a point of connection. :D Dad's a huge Dylan fan, more so for folk Dylan, but seeing a rock show isn't outside of his comfort zone since he still sees Dylan when he tours.

I'm over the moon about it! :yay: I can't believe I'm bringing my Dad to a Rush concert!

I'm so glad you and your dad are getting to know one another again. :hug2: I won't ask what happened as I wish to respect that.

• Like 1

This morning I asked my girl Lucy to "kiss mama".

She said OK, and just as I leaned down to give her a kiss, she scrunched up her face and went "GRRR!!! SNARF!!! MEHHH!!!!!" and made the ugliest growling noises at my face LMAO!!!

yep, that's my kid :facepalm: :laughing guy:

I was born into Rush. My daddy listened to them when I was a baby. Last Rush concert I went to, I took my boyfriend and my Dad. I got to meet Ya Big Tree in the parking lot before we took the shuttle down!

• Like 1

I'm so glad you and your dad are getting to know one another again. :hug2: I won't ask what happened as I wish to respect that.

I was born into Rush. My daddy listened to them when I was a baby. Last Rush concert I went to, I took my boyfriend and my Dad. I got to meet Ya Big Tree in the parking lot before we took the shuttle down!

Thanks! :) :hug2:

It was awesome! Dad liked the show, but he really doesn't "get" the music. Fine by me, I just loved spending time with him. :wub:

Tired today, recovering from a long drive (900 miles round trip) and back to a busy day today. :sigh:

Thanks! :) :hug2:

It was awesome! Dad liked the show, but he really doesn't "get" the music. Fine by me, I just loved spending time with him. :wub:

Tired today, recovering from a long drive (900 miles round trip) and back to a busy day today. :sigh:

Sweet! :)

MY DAUGHTER IS IN THE SAME PAIR OF UNDIES I PUT HER IN THIS MORNING!!!!! SHE HAS TOLD ME EVERY TIME THAT SHE HAD TO GO!!!

I don't care if it's TMI. I am ECSTATIC.

• Like 1

Fitting into a shirt that hasn't fit me comfortably since high school :D

Looked into the mirror and saw a big difference, weight-wise. Very happy. (Not trying to be vain, trying to get healthier)

I took the x out of a target with a single shot with an ar-15 at 120 yards with my buddies own rifle in front of his wife after he told me I couldn't do it.

I won a whole dollar and a beer for doing it. I guess you had to be there...

• Like 1

I took the x out of a target with a single shot with an ar-15 at 120 yards with my buddies own rifle in front of his wife after he told me I couldn't do it.

I won a whole dollar and a beer for doing it. I guess you had to be there...

You mean the wife wasn't included in the bet?

You let him off easy.....;) ;)