What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Aug 19 2011, 02:54 PM)
My dorm room is set up.
My roommates are amazing people.
I have wifi now.
I have AFTK playing through these tiny laptop speakers.
I have all my books now.
Life is good.
cool.gif

Managed to find all my classes today. I'm gonna have a tough run Friday mornings because I have a long ways to go between my first and second classes and only ten minutes to get there, but I should be okay.

And no major dorm/college drama.. yet. (Whew!)

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Aug 20 2011, 08:17 PM)
Managed to find all my classes today. I'm gonna have a tough run Friday mornings because I have a long ways to go between my first and second classes and only ten minutes to get there, but I should be okay.

Hope it all goes well for you, Christine! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (Babycat @ Aug 20 2011, 03:37 PM)
QUOTE (CMWriter @ Aug 20 2011, 08:17 PM)

Hope it all goes well for you, Christine! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Thank you!

Classes start Monday.

I'm actually really excited to sit down in my first lecture hall. laugh.gif

And there's a huge celebration thing tomorrow where you basically walk around and collect free stuff.

FREEEE STUFFF. biggrin.gif

Won a tennis tournament today. We played 3 different teams and we kicked their butts! My partner and I beat one team 7-4 in tie breaker, lost the second in tie-breaker 4-7, and won the third 8-1. So my partner and I went 2-1, and the rest of the team went 3-0. Our team brought the trophy home, and then individual awards were given. And the whole team won all the individual medals, including myself! It's a great way to start off my last season to say the least.

QUOTE (Can-Utility @ Aug 20 2011, 09:46 PM)
QUOTE (The_Necromancer_77 @ Aug 20 2011, 03:02 PM)
My hair's f***ing awesome today. Also i'm wearing my badass Attack Attack shirt my BF got for me at Warped Tour:

http://i.imgur.com/CLXtG.png

People actually listen to attack attack? ohmy.gif unsure.gif

I thought it was a System of a Down shirt at first. I've never seen Attack Attack live. The last time Warped Tour was worth going to was when Bad Religion, NOFX, Flogging Molly, and Bayside where there.

QUOTE (King Whompus @ Aug 20 2011, 08:29 PM)
My hair's f***ing awesome today. Also i'm wearing my badass Attack Attack shirt my BF got for me at Warped Tour:

I thought it was a System of a Down shirt at first. I've never seen Attack Attack live. The last time Warped Tour was worth going to was when Bad Religion, NOFX, Flogging Molly, and Bayside where there.

TBH I don't really like their music. I just think they're funny to watch doing that crab-core shit. Plus my boyfriend bought it for me and the picture's cool.

also lol system of a down 062802puke_prv.gif

QUOTE (The_Necromancer_77 @ Aug 20 2011, 09:53 PM)
QUOTE (King Whompus @ Aug 20 2011, 08:29 PM)

TBH I don't really like their music. I just think they're funny to watch doing that crab-core shit. Plus my boyfriend bought it for me and the picture's cool.

also lol system of a down 062802puke_prv.gif

I see

Drove to Ohio to get the kids this weekend, they were at my parents. 8 hrs each way, no problems. When I got home today, my GF had a very nice dinner for me and the kids. She is the best!!!! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif I am notworthy.gif Bacon wrapped meatloaf, was the main dish along with other home made sides. drool1.gif Edited by ridertoo98

Went to a new church this morning and it was awesome! The pastors are really nice and so is everyone I met in the congregation. And they had food afterwards. It's got to be a good place, huh? laugh.gif

They also had a huge celebration of FREE STUFF tonight down by the football stadium. Four blocks of STUFF. Most of it's sitting in the paper recycles right now bu I did get some good coupons and junk!! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Had a nice weekend getaway! No fan drama at the Fixx concert. Picked a nice hotel - got to use the pool before the show, relaxed on the patio with fire pits when we got back, cool decor, and a guy at breakfast said "Great band!" about my BTLS Rush tee. Not bad for a Holiday Inn Express. Went on a coal mine tour on the way home and have a new appreciation for my workplace.

About 20 minutes ago I hear junior #2 up in his room squealing like a stuck pig. I race upstairs and see this...

http://i378.photobucket.com/albums/oo228/LifesonPics/Latest040.jpg

Just about made my heart melt. Junior #1 had grabbed all of Junior #2's books, piled them in the crib, hurled himself into the crib and was "teaching" brother about colors and shapes.

Junior #2 was squealing from sheer joy at having brother in his crib.

These two are so cute together. A few weeks back, I actually put the crib into my older son's room (he insisted). The crib was only in there for two nights because neither child slept. They stayed up all night playing and laughing.

QUOTE (Janie @ Aug 23 2011, 01:07 AM)
About 20 minutes ago I hear junior #2 up in his room squealing like a stuck pig. I race upstairs and see this...

Just about made my heart melt. Junior #1 had grabbed all of Junior #2's books, piled them in the crib, hurled himself into the crib and was "teaching" brother about colors and shapes.

These two are so cute together. A few weeks back, I actually put the crib into my older son's room (he insisted). The crib was only in there for two nights because neither child slept. They stayed up all night playing and laughing.

Very cool! cool.gif applaudit.gif

QUOTE (Janie @ Aug 23 2011, 05:07 AM)

Oh, Janie - how sweet! heart.gif

(btw, have you named your new kitty yet?) wub.gif

QUOTE (Babycat @ Aug 23 2011, 12:20 AM)

We did! I named him Loki. (God of mischief.) And his named has proved to be very apropos. We've learned that we have to guard all doors or he will bolt. I'm getting a little offended by this.

Funny story... Last night...

I had ordered pizza for dinner. The husband and I were upstairs putting Junior #2 to bed. We go downstairs to find Junior #1 dancing in the foyer with the front doors unlocked. The husband and I had made some sort of joke earlier and were being all weird and laughing and stuff and here's Junior #1 dancing so I ask him why the doors unlocked, he says, "The pizza dude's here!" I open the door to see the pizza dude standing there, laughing because he can hear us being weird inside the house, as I prepare to hand him the money for our pizzas, Loki escapes. The husband is yelling, Junior #1 is still doing his happy pizza dance, I run past the 'za dude, money in hand yelling at and chasing after the cat. Pretty soon the husband, pizza dude and myself are running all over the front yard trying to catch this cat. All the while the pizza dude STILL has our pizzas and I STILL have the money which I'm waving around and/or using as a pretend mouse on the ground to lure the cat back to me.

No wonder the neighbors don't talk to us anymore.

And then just like an hour after this, the whole Junior #2 thing happened. What a nigt.

QUOTE (Fred Star @ Aug 23 2011, 01:40 AM)
Nice looking crib, Janie.. gotta ask, is that a hand - me - down (y'know, family heirloom type o' thing), as it looks somewhat dated.

No, no heirloom. The crib is only a few years old. It's a nice wood one that converts to a regular bed.

QUOTE (Janie @ Aug 23 2011, 07:28 PM)

We did! I named him Loki. (God of mischief.) And his named has proved to be very apropos. We've learned that we have to guard all doors or he will bolt. I'm getting a little offended by this.

I had ordered pizza for dinner. The husband and I were upstairs putting Junior #2 to bed. We go downstairs to find Junior #1 dancing in the foyer with the front doors unlocked. The husband and I had made some sort of joke earlier and were being all weird and laughing and stuff and here's Junior #1 dancing so I ask him why the doors unlocked, he says, "The pizza dude's here!" I open the door to see the pizza dude standing there, laughing because he can hear us being weird inside the house, as I prepare to hand him the money for our pizzas, Loki escapes. The husband is yelling, Junior #1 is still doing his happy pizza dance, I run past the 'za dude, money in hand yelling at and chasing after the cat. Pretty soon the husband, pizza dude and myself are running all over the front yard trying to catch this cat. All the while the pizza dude STILL has our pizzas and I STILL have the money which I'm waving around and/or using as a pretend mouse on the ground to lure the cat back to me.

And then just like an hour after this, the whole Junior #2 thing happened. What a nigt.

What a lovely name for your kitty! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif heart.gif

Seems like Junior 1 & 2 are having a good time! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Babycat @ Aug 23 2011, 04:24 PM)
QUOTE (Janie @ Aug 23 2011, 07:28 PM)

What a lovely name for your kitty! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif heart.gif

Seems like Junior 1 & 2 are having a good time! biggrin.gif

Oh man what a kick ass name for a cat, especially if it fits! what a great story

AND

If anyone ever questions your mothering skills please refer them to

1 800 EAT CRAP

you're a great mom! smile.gif

QUOTE (Janie @ Aug 23 2011, 02:07 PM)

Sounds like a great older brother! smile.gif

I expect a colorful kids book on international foods is already in the crib or on its way smile.gif

QUOTE (Janie @ Aug 23 2011, 12:07 AM)

I miss this era when I see things like this. Thanks for sharing.