Setlist? SPOILER SPOILER

QUOTE (BrightAntennae @ Jun 4 2010, 12:15 AM)
I agree...it's a great setlist and if it is true it would be awesome.

But opening with 2112 in broad daylight......is to me, a dead giveaway it's probably bogus.
Along with the amount of A/B songs, it is not something Rush has ever done before.
And I don't see any songs on the setlist that have not been performed live. I believe Neil said there were songs never performed live??? Not sure, but I think he said that.

Absolutely. I agree 100% with the whole 2112 deal. For me personally, it will be awesome and worthwhile to witness 2112 because i'm in an indoor venue, but based on the touring locales, I can see that I'm one of the few exceptions.

Actually, it's good you brought it up, because that is a tiny nuance to the setlist that makes me drawback my thoughts and feelings on what I think to be a hefty and realistic set. Just when my excitement peask, it quickly wanes because it seems more like a wishlist attraction than full-on reality.

I will be counting down the days smile.gif

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And with regards to "songs never played live", that is also a glaring flaw.

I've seen far too many people jump in and defend that position by saying "well, they'e never played the NEW songs live". This is true, but I HIGHLY doubt he was referring to this. But I can see why they'd be defensive here at the same time. Remember: this is NOT a tour in support of their new material/album. It's a mini-tour in preparation for the featured tour. So, for the general public who don't follow up-to-date Rush news as it's released, aren't aware they're playing brand new songs on this tour. So that COULD be what Neil was implying.

25 days and all that want to know the setlist...will.

I will avoid the setlist like the plague though wink.gif

Edited by Todem

You do realize that this is Rush we're dealing with here, right?

They're amazing... and if you're a true fan, I don't see why some parts of a setlist would make you reconsider and prevent you from even going.

Each tour is as memorable as last, and with the medium gaps between tours in terms of wait length, in conjunction with the fact that the members are indeed getting older, I don't see any conceivable reason to ignore it.

When they retire, then who will you go see? Miley Cyrus?

goodpost.gif

Edited by LaVillaStranLerxst

QUOTE (BrightAntennae @ Jun 4 2010, 12:15 AM)
I agree...it's a great setlist and if it is true it would be awesome.

But opening with 2112 in broad daylight......is to me, a dead giveaway it's probably bogus.
Along with the amount of A/B songs, it is not something Rush has ever done before.
And I don't see any songs on the setlist that have not been performed live. I believe Neil said there were songs never performed live??? Not sure, but I think he said that.

Ever? The band did an A/B set list on the Vapor Trails tour with Ghost Rider, Ceiling Unlimited, Vital Signs, Closer To The Heart, Freewill, The Trees, and Between Sun and Moon.

On the TFE tour they did A/B with Resist and Time and Motion for the first 3 weeks as well.

How quickly one forgets.

Edited by farcryoverspilledmilk

MY thoughts on the whole "A/B" thing, is that those might be the songs that the band hasen't quite decided on to add to the finalized setlist, and then they will finally choose one of each A/B song, come tour time.

QUOTE (ALifeson85 @ Jun 4 2010, 08:28 PM)
MY thoughts on the whole "A/B" thing, is that those might be the songs that the band hasen't quite decided on to add to the finalized setlist, and then they will finally choose one of each A/B song, come tour time.

That's quite possible as well. Good point.

Probably worth saying again that the "rumored" setlist is 100% *not* what was brought into rehearsals. There's certainly a fair amount of material on that setlist that is included in the actual set, but the published setlist is absolutely not based in any kind of fact.

QUOTE (Score Out @ Jun 4 2010, 09:50 PM)
Probably worth saying again that the "rumored" setlist is 100% *not* what was brought into rehearsals. There's certainly a fair amount of material on that setlist that is included in the actual set, but the published setlist is absolutely not based in any kind of fact.

Save it. Really. You had your 15 min. Post something or Go away

QUOTE (Score Out @ Jun 4 2010, 09:50 PM)

Exactly. Sorry, but until you have proof you actually know something, please stop.

By the way, did you guys know I once jammed with Alex Lifeson? True story.

QUOTE (cygnus_thegodofbalance @ Jun 5 2010, 09:28 AM)

Exactly. Sorry, but until you have proof you actually know something, please stop.

Sorry, but until you have proof, please stop.

QUOTE (BrightAntennae @ Jun 5 2010, 09:45 AM)

You know that was satire, right?

QUOTE (BrightAntennae @ Jun 5 2010, 09:45 AM)

facepalm.gif