Setlist? SPOILER SPOILER

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Hemispheres89 @ May 26 2010, 06:34 PM)
Now, their final encores are an alteration of "In The Mood" and "Fly By Night".  Honestly, both are great songs, but neither give off a good vibe to me as a good FINAL closer.

I think (unless I'm reading it wrong) that they want to do a medley of "Fly by Night" and "In the Mood" like they did on ATWAS. Closing a show with "In the Mood" was something they did for like four tours straight, and IMO it's their best closer.

I want to hear some different shit by now. Enough of the same 'ol same 'ol.

Let's get real....they can't tour forever

I am happy though that it looks like JL is confirmed. And Camera Eye is nice too, though it sucks live.

QUOTE (mazyyz @ May 26 2010, 10:32 PM)
I want to hear some different shit by now. Enough of the same 'ol same 'ol.
Let's get real....they can't tour forever

I am happy though that it looks like JL is confirmed. And Camera Eye is nice too, though it sucks live.

JL was confirmed a looong time ago. As a matter of fact, I knew that before I even knew they were touring tongue.gif (kidding.. obviously that can only be true the other way around)

It is knowing that they are playing that song alone that makes me sleep easy at night.. one of my favourites smile.gif

Can't wait til June 29th though!!

QUOTE (Sir Lerxst @ May 26 2010, 08:45 PM)

Malignant Narcissism - Mentioned in Neil Peart's website update

O=

I had to go back and read his update. Cant believe I missed that little tidbit ph34r.gif

QUOTE (snowdog212 @ May 26 2010, 10:43 PM)
Stick It Out wont make the setlist Neil hates to play it

Well, he'll just have to Stick It Out and play it anyway tongue.gif

I would love to hear the guys play Hemispheres. That is by far my favorite CD. Of course, AFTK is pretty special too. No wonder they did the Tour of The Hemispheres and played those 2 together.

Great Stuff. My favorite Rush era.

QUOTE (mazyyz @ May 27 2010, 10:35 AM)
QUOTE (GrandDesigner @ May 27 2010, 06:23 AM)
I wonder what could be so annoying about Stick It Out that he hates playing it.

Because the song sucks

rofl3.gif

QUOTE (snowdog212 @ May 26 2010, 11:43 PM)

So.. The Camera Eye is on the Setlist and Geddy hates to play it.

Neil should suck it up and play Stick it Out.. I mean how much can he hate it.. he wrote it!

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ May 28 2010, 06:59 AM)
QUOTE (snowdog212 @ May 26 2010, 11:43 PM)

So.. The Camera Eye is on the Setlist and Geddy hates to play it.

Neil should suck it up and play Stick it Out.. I mean how much can he hate it.. he wrote it!

Maybe that's the point i.e. he's too critical of his own work. Surely, you've had the feeling of, "Man, that's shit" in regards to something you wrote/created

Well let's see looking at this list we know this much so far to be fact all 7 songs from Moving Pictures are going to be there, they said they are bringing Closer to the Heart back, Neil confirmed MalNar in his latest post, drum solo, Jacob's Ladder confirmed by Alex, Caravan, BU2B, no Rush show without Spirit of Radio, Geddy and Alex mention Stick It Out in rehearsals the last week.

I am inclined to believe this set list is probably about 90% right at this point.

QUOTE (rushthroughtime @ May 26 2010, 03:06 PM)
These threads can be fun to follow, yet also a bit frustrating. However my opinion is that I can certainly imagine them opening with 2112 (it was my second guess) whether its dark or not. Let's face it--some songs will see the light of day (!).

My second opinion is that I don't see why they wouldn't possibly play all or some of 'Fly By Night.' It is a radio staple for most AOR markets.

Third, that setlist posted at the head of this thread seems like a dream. A very wonderful dream.

653.gif

They opened the Moving Pictures tour with 2112, what makes it so hard to imagine they wouldn't do it again on the Moving Pictures revisited tour?

QUOTE (farcryoverspilledmilk @ May 28 2010, 12:30 PM)
Well let's see looking at this list we know this much so far to be fact all 7 songs from Moving Pictures are going to be there, they said they are bringing Closer to the Heart back, Neil confirmed MalNar in his latest post, drum solo, Jacob's Ladder confirmed by Alex, Caravan, BU2B, no Rush show without Spirit of Radio, Geddy and Alex mention Stick It Out in rehearsals the last week.

I am inclined to believe this set list is probably about 90% right at this point.

Just because Stick It Out is in there...Kind of weak to think it was accurate.

Edited by quickfree