Setlist? SPOILER SPOILER

The more I read the more I think that 2112 could be the opener.

However in order to go straight into Freewill, they will have to play it in standard tuning.

Rush have been playing 2112 tuned down a whole step since 96 to enable Geddy to sing it.

So I think we will just get 2112:Overture.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's still that (recent) post by Neil saying they're rehearsing songs they've NEVER played live before. That setlist simply doesn't have any songs that haven't been done extensively in the past on their respective tours. Obviously it's pretty accurate in many respects, but I'm hoping that is a well-crafted forgery and they're going to do more than the obvious choices they've drilled into the ground for years.

QUOTE (KillerInstinct @ May 27 2010, 05:58 PM)
Singing about having a good time with friends and picking up chicks and then switching to a grand finale about a guy killing himself because of the oppressive society he's forced to live in.  unsure.gif

They actually have done that as a closer (not encore) before, on the Moving Pictures/ESL/Nadars tours. It was those two and a few "older" songs. I'd love for them to do that again.

I'm especially digging the last part of that second set.. a couple of my favourite songs are going to be played if this is true. Overall, I'm happy with what's ben posted, and if it's true, awesome!! But if it's untrue then that just makes it more exciting smile.gif

QUOTE (GrandDesigner @ May 28 2010, 10:55 PM)
There's still that (recent) post by Neil saying they're rehearsing songs they've NEVER played live before. That setlist simply doesn't have any songs that haven't been done extensively in the past on their respective tours. Obviously it's pretty accurate in many respects, but I'm hoping that is a well-crafted forgery and they're going to do more than the obvious choices they've drilled into the ground for years.

They've never played the new songs live wink.gif

Dude, GrandDesigns was referring to Neil's blog on his page that says "we RESURRECTED some songs we havent played in 10 years, 20 years, or ever." (of course this isnt word for word as Im too lazy to find it, but I think most on here can vouch for me that its very close to the actual quote)

That means OLD material never played before. Not new.

QUOTE (Tigershark2112 @ May 29 2010, 12:58 PM)
Dude, GrandDesigns was referring to Neil's blog on his page that says "we RESURRECTED some songs we havent played in 10 years, 20 years, or ever." (of course this isnt word for word as Im too lazy to find it, but I think most on here can vouch for me that its very close to the actual quote)
That means OLD material never played before. Not new.

Maybe I'm just missing out or forgetting, but I don't ever recall the term "resurrected"... I particularly remember that passage being quoted on here by other people with the term "rehearsed" being used.

Now, I would surely take that as good news that they are indeed playing songs they haven't played in forever, but I would also take it as a lighthearted invitation that they are just testing the waters to see if they would like to include that in their setlist.

Imagone the gems they could dig up...it's very exciting to think about, indeed smile.gif

If I got that setlist with the permutation that included Subdivisions and The Enemy Within, I think I'd just about wet myself.

Cold Fire and Marathon would be really nice to hear as well.

Since Jacob's Ladder isn't there, I doubt this is authentic. It'd be a pretty good one, though.

I actually like the idea of splitting MP up between Limelight and Camera Eye, since that's the way they broke it up on vinyl and cassette.

Edited by analog guy

QUOTE (metaldad @ May 21 2010, 08:08 AM)
Well, if this Is true....................
1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

holy f**k ya!!

QUOTE (Xanadude69 @ May 28 2010, 10:13 PM)
If this really is the setlist, I will have to splurge and buy a ticket after all. But I am not believing anything until the firs show of the tour.

They are playing all of MP , Jacob's Ladder, songs they've "never played before", AND this tour is billed The Time Machine Tour, and your holding out because of the set list? wacko.gif

QUOTE (GeddyLeeRoth @ Jun 2 2010, 11:40 PM)
QUOTE (Xanadude69 @ May 28 2010, 10:13 PM)
If this really is the setlist, I will have to splurge and buy a ticket after all.  But I am not believing anything until the firs show of the tour.

They are playing all of MP , Jacob's Ladder, songs they've "never played before", AND this tour is billed The Time Machine Tour, and your holding out because of the set list? wacko.gif

I was amused by that as well. I didn't need to know anything but "Time Machine" tour and I was ready to go.

QUOTE (BrightAntennae @ May 21 2010, 12:55 PM)
I'm really getting tired of your ignorance.
Score Out "is in the know" and if you don't believe him... fine. He has proven himself several times to be spot on. All you need to do is look at his previous posts to determine that. Get a clue!
Just because he doesn't divulge everything he knows or his inside connections, he somehow is just spreading rumors.

If you think that only a couple of people know the setlist then you are a bigger fool than you appear to be.
Do you have any concept of how large of a production a Rush concert is? Any idea of how many hands it takes to pull this off and how many people are in sync? Lighting, video, audio and guitar, bass and keyboard techs alone. If you think it's three guys in a warehouse, you are sadly mistaken.

And now I'm taking it personal because you somehow think that I (or anyone that believes SO) is unable to discern between BS and the truth. Most speculation and rumors in here are complete BS, including the orginator of this thread.

People that are looking for attention (as you say) post complete setlists and are totally obvious. They make up bogus stories of how they know something to be true. Their setlists are 30+ songs and don't even make sense.

However, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to weed them out.

For what's it's worth...I blindly received the same setlist; in my email, a few days ago from another RUSH "friend" suppossedly in the know...and no I didn't want to share it because of the inane comments I knew it would generate...mine included !!

ohmy.gif)

QUOTE (analog guy @ Jun 2 2010, 01:28 AM)
If I got that setlist with the permutation that included Subdivisions and The Enemy Within, I think I'd just about wet myself.

Cold Fire and Marathon would be really nice to hear as well.

Since Jacob's Ladder isn't there, I doubt this is authentic. It'd be a pretty good one, though.

I actually like the idea of splitting MP up between Limelight and Camera Eye, since that's the way they broke it up on vinyl and cassette.

What are you talking about? Jacobs Ladder is listed in the encore.

QUOTE (Hemispheres89 @ Jun 3 2010, 12:57 PM)
MEGADETH!!! 1022.gif

I'm going to be seeing them this summer, they are playing alongside Slayer. Are you going to that show as well?

For me, it's a week and a half after Rush!!

I wish I was seeing them! They completely skipped over Philly on the RiP2010 tour, and buying tickets for them/Slayer is just something I can't afford right now.

QUOTE (mazyyz @ Jun 3 2010, 09:36 PM)
Every time I look at that setlist it becomes more realistic. If it is fake, then who ever came up with it really put some thought into it.

hmmmm.. I agree but disagree. Yes, it does get VERY realistic with me as well the more I look at it. But.... I don't think there needs to be much thought put into it to come up with those songs. I mean, they're not exactly earth-shatteringly obsolete, nor are they out of the question for a typical Rush setlist.

If it's true, great! I'm even more excited!

But if it's fake, the person could just be speculative based on past Rush tours and combining a bunch of their successful songs off each album (because that's how the overall layout of the setlist looks like to me)

But hey, it IS the Time Machine Tour! biggrin.gif

Why must we wait another 25 or so days!!!! Why do you hate us, God!? rofl3.gif

I agree...it's a great setlist and if it is true it would be awesome.

But opening with 2112 in broad daylight......is to me, a dead giveaway it's probably bogus.

Along with the amount of A/B songs, it is not something Rush has ever done before.

And I don't see any songs on the setlist that have not been performed live. I believe Neil said there were songs never performed live??? Not sure, but I think he said that.