Enders

sullysue

QUOTE (sullysue @ Aug 3 2009, 01:25 PM)
QUOTE (Digital Man @ Aug 3 2009, 01:01 PM)
QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Aug 3 2009, 01:57 PM)
QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Aug 3 2009, 11:10 AM)
QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Aug 3 2009, 10:57 AM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Aug 3 2009, 10:39 AM)
QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Aug 3 2009, 10:27 AM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Aug 3 2009, 10:13 AM)
Ok. So, this is a weird one. And, I'm not even sure what to make of it. I'm at work and just went down to the little coffee shop. There is a guy I always see down there and we say good morning, have a short chat, whatever. Handsome guy. Maybe a little too old for me. But, this morning he said to me, "You're always wearing the nicest shoes. What size do you wear?"

Uh.  unsure.gif

Now, how does one answer this? I laughed and said thank you. But, he looked serious. Like he was really waiting to hear my shoe size.  laugh.gif

I dont' get it.

That's one of the worst come on lines that I've ever heard.

laugh.gif It would be if I were sure that's what it was. I'm telling you, he looked serious. I don't know. I get more confused every day. wacko.gif

You should have told him and see what he does after that. BEWARE if he buys you a new pair of shoes.

OMG that is one thing men should never do. Never buy a woman shoes. 1. you're running the risk of buying her the completely wrong thing and getting into an arguement about how you don't know what she likes by now, what are you blind? type of dealios. 2. Shoes are personal and have to be tried on so they might look nice and everything but if they dont fit right then you just wasted your money. Go out and buy her something sparkly instead, she'll love it! biggrin.gif

On the looking at other women thing... I don't care if he looks but it's when his feet follow his eyes then we'll have issues. I mean the guy's not dead and hell I look at men and flirt too. So ya I trust him enough to not make a big deal outta a lil checking out or harmless flirting.

I think buying a woman a gift before ever going on a dates is strange to begin with. A very manipulative approach imo.

That is a very good point. I was just guessing and goofing around. I would be leery of a guy who would buy a gift for a girl before they ever even knew each others names.

Yeah, I took that as a joke, Digi. But, I'm officially creeped out by men right now. All this stuff with Mr. NASCAR and Foot Guy? Of course I never noticed any of this when I was still married. But, now it's like I'm seeing men in a whole different light. And, it ain't good. no.gif I mean, am I subconsciously being over-the-edge picky? Or, am I really a doofus magnet?

Asking a girl her shoe size doesn't seem like a joke to me because I don't find any humor in it. Oh well. Whether joking or flirting, the statement was most certainly odd.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Aug 3 2009, 02:29 PM)
Ok. So, this is a weird one. And, I'm not even sure what to make of it. I'm at work and just went down to the little coffee shop. There is a guy I always see down there and we say good morning, have a short chat, whatever. Handsome guy. Maybe a little too old for me. But, this morning he said to me, "You're always wearing the nicest shoes. What size do you wear?"

Uh.  unsure.gif

Now, how does one answer this? I laughed and said thank you. But, he looked serious. Like he was really waiting to hear my shoe size.  laugh.gif

I dont' get it.

laugh.gif It would be if I were sure that's what it was. I'm telling you, he looked serious. I don't know. I get more confused every day. wacko.gif

You should have told him and see what he does after that. BEWARE if he buys you a new pair of shoes.

OMG that is one thing men should never do. Never buy a woman shoes. 1. you're running the risk of buying her the completely wrong thing and getting into an arguement about how you don't know what she likes by now, what are you blind? type of dealios. 2. Shoes are personal and have to be tried on so they might look nice and everything but if they dont fit right then you just wasted your money. Go out and buy her something sparkly instead, she'll love it! biggrin.gif

On the looking at other women thing... I don't care if he looks but it's when his feet follow his eyes then we'll have issues. I mean the guy's not dead and hell I look at men and flirt too. So ya I trust him enough to not make a big deal outta a lil checking out or harmless flirting.

I think buying a woman a gift before ever going on a dates is strange to begin with. A very manipulative approach imo.

That is a very good point. I was just guessing and goofing around. I would be leery of a guy who would buy a gift for a girl before they ever even knew each others names.

Yeah, I took that as a joke, Digi. But, I'm officially creeped out by men right now. All this stuff with Mr. NASCAR and Foot Guy? Of course I never noticed any of this when I was still married. But, now it's like I'm seeing men in a whole different light. And, it ain't good. no.gif I mean, am I subconsciously being over-the-edge picky? Or, am I really a doofus magnet?

Asking a girl her shoe size doesn't seem like a joke to me because I don't find any humor in it. Oh well. Whether joking or flirting, the statement was most certainly odd.

I agree with LCC, it was a very odd question. It's better to be leery and a little picky anyways. Be choosy, there's no hurry and you have your kids to think about too.

QUOTE (Digital Man @ Aug 3 2009, 01:39 PM)

Uh.  unsure.gif

I dont' get it.

I agree with LCC, it was a very odd question. It's better to be leery and a little picky anyways. Be choosy, there's no hurry and you have your kids to think about too.

I wouldn't even consider introducing my kids to anyone I was seeing until we had been going out for at least a few months. I don't think this is something I should worry too much about, since the men I'm encountering aren't even making it to a first date! laugh.gif

In all honesty, I'm content with my life how it is right now. The kids and I are doing well, and my ex and I are actually getting along. The dating thing will happen, just WAY far down the line. It's just kinda funny the things I've seen so far.

QUOTE (sullysue @ Aug 3 2009, 02:57 PM)

Uh.  unsure.gif

I dont' get it.

I wouldn't even consider introducing my kids to anyone I was seeing until we had been going out for at least a few months. I don't think this is something I should worry too much about, since the men I'm encountering aren't even making it to a first date! laugh.gif

In all honesty, I'm content with my life how it is right now. The kids and I are doing well, and my ex and I are actually getting along. The dating thing will happen, just WAY far down the line. It's just kinda funny the things I've seen so far.

Good for you, that's a good way to approach it. It will just happen when you are ready. There really are some strange people out there, aren't there?

QUOTE (sullysue @ Aug 3 2009, 11:57 AM)

Uh.  unsure.gif

I dont' get it.

You should start a thread on funny dates. I'm sure lots of us have had interesting encounters! I haven't been out in the dating world since 1998. Wonder if things have changed?

QUOTE (Janie @ Aug 3 2009, 03:41 PM)

Uh.  unsure.gif

I dont' get it.

You should start a thread on funny dates. I'm sure lots of us have had interesting encounters! I haven't been out in the dating world since 1998. Wonder if things have changed?

Haha.. that's a good idea. smile.gif

I know the cheating thing has been mentioned but it's particularly intense when you think you get your girl pregnant. Then 9 months later she gives birth to a child of another race. ohmy.gif Pretty bad day! This is what I did in the delivery room.

bolt.gif

Needless to say, we didn't make it through that one. no.gif

Easily offended is the killer for me. If I can't tell a slightly (or very) salty joke in front of her, or pull an innocent prank on her, I can't date her. On the other hand, plus 1 "dating point" if they can deal it right back. Plus 2 if they can deal it back and then some. Plus 5 if they can actually offend me.

QUOTE (Territorial_Game @ Aug 3 2009, 06:45 PM)
Easily offended is the killer for me. If I can't tell a slightly (or very) salty joke in front of her, or pull an innocent prank on her, I can't date her. On the other hand, plus 1 "dating point" if they can deal it right back. Plus 2 if they can deal it back and then some. Plus 5 if they can actually offend me.

Oh ya... I bet ya I can guess where Karina falls into on that scale. laugh.gif

QUOTE (priest_of_syrinx @ Jul 31 2009, 12:10 AM)
-Promiscuity
-Disregard for property or other rights of others
-She feels like she HAS to be in CONSTANT communication with you, even if you haven't started seeing each other yet. O_o
-Gossiping
-If she has the inability to carry on a conversation that requires deep thought, it's not going to work.

I can't say much, though, because my 17 years have been entirely kissless and single. laugh.gif

I agree with you and identify as well, even know I'm only 15 laugh.gif

This was one thing about the ex fiancee' I reallllly don't miss

"Constructive" criticism.

If you're already speaking at me from your pedestal, "constructive" criticism really ain't all it's cracked up to be. I'd do the exact opposite just to piss her off.

QUOTE (Janie @ Aug 3 2009, 04:41 PM)

Uh.  unsure.gif

I dont' get it.

no.

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Aug 3 2009, 06:25 PM)

laugh.gif

She would be plus 5, but she takes potshots at Texas, so plus 4.

QUOTE (Territorial_Game @ Aug 3 2009, 08:13 PM)
QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Aug 3 2009, 06:25 PM)

laugh.gif

She would be plus 5, but she takes potshots at Texas, so plus 4.

z7shysterical.gif I knew it! Sakes the girl can't take a few potshots at Texas without you getting upset... jeeze lighten up TG. tongue.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ Aug 3 2009, 07:45 PM)
QUOTE (Janie @ Aug 3 2009, 04:41 PM)

Uh.  unsure.gif

I dont' get it.

no.

laugh.gif goodpost.gif

The thing is, now we can't blame immaturity on any stupid decisions .... or can we???? tongue.gif

Here's one that pissed me off, and it's been twenty years ago! I just recently remembered it.

I was asked out by a guy who I had known for a while - he lived in the same dorm as my ex-BF at Georgia Tech. (The ex no longer lived there at this point, so that wasn't a problem).

So. . .I had a car on campus (I was at Emory, he was at Georgia Tech), and he didn't. No problem, this is part of college life. I picked him up, and we went to a Thai restaurant. It was fine, we had no trouble carrying on conversation. But the check came, and he pulled out a CALCULATOR and then said, "your part comes to. . ."

Now, I always offer to split the tab. I generally think the person who does the asking ought to pay, but I think it's just nice to offer. And I carry cash with me so I can back it up. So I tossed him a few bills, took him back to Tech, and that was it. I avoided calls for about a week and he got the hint.

You know, if he'd just confessed earlier that going out was stretching his budget. . .we were college students, the rules are different. I'd have been absolutely fine with it. But to blindside me, without giving me even a CHANCE to offer, well, that killed it.

QUOTE (Mara @ Aug 3 2009, 10:14 PM)
Here's one that pissed me off, and it's been twenty years ago! I just recently remembered it.
I was asked out by a guy who I had known for a while - he lived in the same dorm as my ex-BF at Georgia Tech. (The ex no longer lived there at this point, so that wasn't a problem).
So. . .I had a car on campus (I was at Emory, he was at Georgia Tech), and he didn't. No problem, this is part of college life. I picked him up, and we went to a Thai restaurant. It was fine, we had no trouble carrying on conversation. But the check came, and he pulled out a CALCULATOR and then said, "your part comes to. . ."
Now, I always offer to split the tab. I generally think the person who does the asking ought to pay, but I think it's just nice to offer. And I carry cash with me so I can back it up. So I tossed him a few bills, took him back to Tech, and that was it. I avoided calls for about a week and he got the hint.
You know, if he'd just confessed earlier that going out was stretching his budget. . .we were college students, the rules are different. I'd have been absolutely fine with it. But to blindside me, without giving me even a CHANCE to offer, well, that killed it.

plus, isn;t an estimate usually good enough?

Did he count out pennies or nickels to make it exact?

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Aug 3 2009, 09:36 PM)
Here's one that pissed me off, and it's been twenty years ago!  I just recently remembered it.
I was asked out by a guy who I had known for a while - he lived in the same dorm as my ex-BF at Georgia Tech.  (The ex no longer lived there at this point, so that wasn't a problem).
So. . .I had a car on campus (I was at Emory, he was at Georgia Tech), and he didn't.  No problem, this is part of college life.  I picked him up, and we went to a Thai restaurant.  It was fine, we had no trouble carrying on conversation.  But the check came, and he pulled out a CALCULATOR and then said, "your part comes to. . ."
Now, I always offer to split the tab.  I generally think the person who does the asking ought to pay, but I think it's just nice to offer.  And I carry cash with me so I can back it up.  So I tossed him a few bills, took him back to Tech, and that was it. I avoided calls for about a week and he got the hint.
You know, if he'd just confessed earlier that going out was stretching his budget. . .we were college students, the rules are different.  I'd have been absolutely fine with it.  But to blindside me, without giving me even a CHANCE to offer, well, that killed it.

And, he asked her out. To me, that says, "I'll be paying."

QUOTE (CeeJ @ Jul 31 2009, 08:56 PM)
Had to stop in and throw my thoughts out there.

No sense of humor... Life is full of ups and downs. And for the most part you are going to need someone to laugh with. If it weren't for Kenny, my hubby wub.gif , I would have lost it a LONG TIME AGO. He has found ways to make me laugh through the worst of times.

Abuse... Been there, done that, won't ever deal with that again.

Control freaks... You do your thing, I'll do mine. We'll make time for each other and if all goes well, you'll see more of me. Don't shove yourself on me.

I can't agree with the dislike of Rush, or any other band. Everyone has their separate and individual tastes. You are going to have time ALONE and you can enjoy these things then. OR... Maybe you will be lucky enough to influence the others taste.

As far as the bedroom stuff, I think that LRF covered all that.

Thanks Sully for starting this thread. Very interesting.

Agreed! one of the most interesting threads in a good long while.

Relationship enders? I'm not a relationship ender...all the things that should be, I tolerate to some degree. Don't ask me why, I'm sure it's some deep seeded psycho mumbo jumbo...but that's just the the way it is with me. If you are being a particular prick today, I remember that you were my knight in shining armor yesterday. Yin yang/love war/peanut butter jelly...this is me

However...

Sense of humor is a MUST! please sit and watch stand up comedians with me, bonus if we laugh at the same stuff!

Been there done that too CeeJay... hug2.gif

Not a big fan of the "controlling" type myself. angry.gif

I honest to goodness dont think I ever dated a RUSH fan. Certainly not one as rabid as me! 1022.gif How the HELL did that happen? or not happen!

And I dunno about the size of the wand folks...my son is living proof that even the little ones can be effective. wink.gif

Non-Starters:

Clingy, cloying men...suck it up dude...back off.

Said before, bad breath...sorry, nope cant do it. And maybe its shallow, but bad teeth are a complete turn off.

Prudes...I'm not throwing it out there to everyone, but I'm a saucy girl, my man needs to respond in kind.

Religious zealots...I have my own relationship with my religion, and its deeply personal...really, dont try to "convert" me or "save" me. I'm good thanks.

COMPLETE deal breaker! OMG!!

good night Irene...seeya!

QUOTE (sullysue @ Aug 3 2009, 10:40 PM)
Here's one that pissed me off, and it's been twenty years ago!  I just recently remembered it.
I was asked out by a guy who I had known for a while - he lived in the same dorm as my ex-BF at Georgia Tech.  (The ex no longer lived there at this point, so that wasn't a problem).
So. . .I had a car on campus (I was at Emory, he was at Georgia Tech), and he didn't.  No problem, this is part of college life.  I picked him up, and we went to a Thai restaurant.  It was fine, we had no trouble carrying on conversation.  But the check came, and he pulled out a CALCULATOR and then said, "your part comes to. . ."
Now, I always offer to split the tab.  I generally think the person who does the asking ought to pay, but I think it's just nice to offer.  And I carry cash with me so I can back it up.  So I tossed him a few bills, took him back to Tech, and that was it. I avoided calls for about a week and he got the hint.
You know, if he'd just confessed earlier that going out was stretching his budget. . .we were college students, the rules are different.  I'd have been absolutely fine with it.  But to blindside me, without giving me even a CHANCE to offer, well, that killed it.

agreed. even if he paid in full a calculator doesn;t seem to send the right message.

QUOTE (Mara @ Aug 4 2009, 11:14 AM)

man mara, u meet all the cool guys! tongue.gif pokey.gif

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Aug 3 2009, 09:49 PM)

agreed. even if he paid in full a calculator doesn;t seem to send the right message.

Yeah. Definitely uncool. Another ender is when a person complains constantly while you're out. You know the type: gripes at the waiter, gripes about the food, and is just a general pain in the ass. I HATE that. It's embarrassing to be out with someone like that.

QUOTE (sullysue @ Aug 3 2009, 11:48 PM)

Yeah. Definitely uncool. Another ender is when a person complains constantly while you're out. You know the type: gripes at the waiter, gripes about the food, and is just a general pain in the ass. I HATE that. It's embarrassing to be out with someone like that.

I cant stand people like that. It's like those types of people who are never satisifed always ruin things for you. wacko.gif

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Aug 4 2009, 01:52 PM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Aug 3 2009, 11:48 PM)

I cant stand people like that. It's like those types of people who are never satisifed always ruin things for you. wacko.gif

of course nobody likes a constant complainer. a longtime former flatmate of mine was one. one time i had a word with him about it when it got to be too much. at THAT moment he tried justifying his complaints. HOWEVER, i noticed that he did try to keep his complaints down (at least for the next few weeks following my complaint about his complaining). my point is that i think that many folks like that don't even realize how much complaining they're actually doing

Archived