Enders

sullysue

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Aug 1 2009, 02:26 PM)
QUOTE (CeeJ @ Jul 31 2009, 08:56 PM)
You do your thing, I'll do mine. We'll make time for each other and if all goes well, you'll see more of me.

I like that line a lot. yes.gif

Me, too. Having someone needing to know your whereabouts at all times is not good either. Even if you've been seeing someone for a while, is it really necessary to constantly keep tabs? Trust is key. I'm not a dog. I don't need to be kept on a short leash.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (sullysue @ Aug 1 2009, 02:31 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Aug 1 2009, 02:26 PM)
QUOTE (CeeJ @ Jul 31 2009, 08:56 PM)
You do your thing, I'll do mine. We'll make time for each other and if all goes well, you'll see more of me.

I like that line a lot. yes.gif

Me, too. Having someone needing to know your whereabouts at all times is not good either. Even if you've been seeing someone for a while, is it really necessary to constantly keep tabs? Trust is key. I'm not a dog. I don't need to be kept on a short leash.

yes.gif You need your own life away from that person. It's good to do things together but not everything. I don't like clingy people. I need my space to do my own thing and I need the person I'm dating to respect that and just trust me. I'm not a person who needs my boyfriend on a leash and coller either.. well maybe if he asked for it, but that's a different conversation. tongue.gif laugh.gif

hmm... My list:

Disrespect

Being racist, sexist, homophobic, etc.

Needing to adhere to traditional and conservative gender roles.

Closed-mindedness

Lack of manners

Smokers and druggies

Being stood up, more than once

"Can I teel you what Scientology has done for me?"

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Aug 2 2009, 07:41 PM)

No shit! That's the cue to RUN, not walk, to the nearest exit.

I hate to say it, because some of them are really nice people otherwise, but I would never, ever date a vegetarian.

They're a pain in the ass to cook for or make dinner plans with. If you cook for them, you have to make sure that nothing that touched the meat touches their food. If you're out to dinner with them, it just feels weird to sit there carving away at your bloody slab of beef while the vegetarian nibbles at steamed vegetables or pokes through their salad looking for any evidence that the ingredients might have come into contact with a meat product. I'm not going to a vegetarian restaurant, either. Don't even ask. I'm usually great about compromise, but not on this.

QUOTE (Mara @ Aug 2 2009, 06:53 PM)

I hate to say it, because some of them are really nice people otherwise, but I would never, ever date a vegetarian.

They're a pain in the ass to cook for or make dinner plans with. If you cook for them, you have to make sure that nothing that touched the meat touches their food. If you're out to dinner with them, it just feels weird to sit there carving away at your bloody slab of beef while the vegetarian nibbles at steamed vegetables or pokes through their salad looking for any evidence that the ingredients might have come into contact with a meat product. I'm not going to a vegetarian restaurant, either. Don't even ask. I'm usually great about compromise, but not on this.

Hear hear! trink39.gif

If you're a vegetarian and that works for you, then fine, live your life. Just don't try telling me that I need to become a vegetarian. I like meat and I'm not giving it up. Now pass the steak sauce.

And no offense, but all of the vegeatrians I know or have known are the most miserable unhappy people you'd ever want to meet. I think (and I've told all of them this) that it's due to a lack of animal proteins in their diet.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Aug 2 2009, 08:22 PM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Aug 2 2009, 06:53 PM)

Hear hear! trink39.gif

If you're a vegetarian and that works for you, then fine, live your life. Just don't try telling me that I need to become a vegetarian. I like meat and I'm not giving it up. Now pass the steak sauce.

And no offense, but all of the vegeatrians I know or have known are the most miserable unhappy people you'd ever want to meet. I think (and I've told all of them this) that it's due to a lack of animal proteins in their diet.

There's a REASON we have canine teeth, and it's not to make it easier to eat tofu. no.gif

QUOTE (Janie @ Jul 31 2009, 09:25 AM)
QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Jul 31 2009, 07:16 AM)
HUGE ego's
Small ****'s

laugh.gif

Have to agree with you on this one. Some people say it's technique that matters but, well, um, you know, yeah... not so much.

Lots of times, these two things come as a set..

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Aug 2 2009, 09:55 PM)
Then what would you vegetarian-haters do if the person you love one day suddenly decides to become a hardcore vegetarian? It's not unusual for someone to change their eating habits in their 30s, 40s, or 50s

They're welcome to it. Just don't expect me to make major changes to accommodate it. I do all of the cooking here, so I am allowed to say that.

And if the change to vegetarianism is accompanied by an increased food bill because suddenly only organic is acceptable, we have big issues. (Vegetarian/vegan and organic seem to go hand-in-hand).

My sister was a vegetarian, but she was quite low-maintenance, which seems to be a rarity. She'd assure everyone that they didn't have to cook anything specifically for her - she'd manage. With that attitude, it made me WANT to go out of my way to prepare something special for her. And when she entertained, she would happily marinate and grill a rack of lamb, or roast chicken, whatever, for her guests. She wasn't always that way, though - there were a few dramatic moments in the beginning.

"Are you saved? Aren't you afraid of going to hell?"

eyesre4.gif

It's kind of a "sisterhood secret" among single women that talking incessantly about their cats and the cute things they do is almost 100% guaranteed asshole repellent.

If you're trying to score with a chick and the conversation takes this turn, move on. She ain't interested but is too nice to say so.

QUOTE (Mara @ Aug 3 2009, 11:08 AM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Aug 2 2009, 09:55 PM)
Then what would you vegetarian-haters do if the person you love one day suddenly decides to become a hardcore vegetarian?  It's not unusual for someone to change their eating habits in their 30s, 40s, or 50s

They're welcome to it. Just don't expect me to make major changes to accommodate it. I do all of the cooking here, so I am allowed to say that.

And if the change to vegetarianism is accompanied by an increased food bill because suddenly only organic is acceptable, we have big issues. (Vegetarian/vegan and organic seem to go hand-in-hand).

My sister was a vegetarian, but she was quite low-maintenance, which seems to be a rarity. She'd assure everyone that they didn't have to cook anything specifically for her - she'd manage. With that attitude, it made me WANT to go out of my way to prepare something special for her. And when she entertained, she would happily marinate and grill a rack of lamb, or roast chicken, whatever, for her guests. She wasn't always that way, though - there were a few dramatic moments in the beginning.

well then it seems that most of the vegetarians/vegans that you've known have been quite different than the ones that i've known & lived with. luckily i didn't have to do anything special to accomodate any of those non-meat eaters

QUOTE (Mara @ Aug 3 2009, 11:36 AM)
It's kind of a "sisterhood secret" among single women that talking incessantly about their cats and the cute things they do is almost 100% guaranteed asshole repellent.
If you're trying to score with a chick and the conversation takes this turn, move on.  She ain't interested but is too nice to say so.

so if they're talking about puppies and the cute things they do then it means i still got a shot? tongue.gif

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Aug 2 2009, 10:48 PM)
If you're trying to score with a chick and the conversation takes this turn, move on.  She ain't interested but is too nice to say so.

so if they're talking about puppies and the cute things they do then it means i still got a shot? tongue.gif

You would with me! Well, if I weren't married, that is. tongue.gif Talking about dogs often yields an INSTANT bond, IME. I suppose it's possible that the same could happen with cats. But if a guy I've just met starts waxing eloquent and going on about his pet cats, it sets off my gaydar. This is based on more than one experience.

My list:

Been divorced for less than a year.

Talking about the ex wife throughout the whole evening.

Dissing the ex the whole time.

Trying to get me to enroll in your college.(yup, really, a blind date)

Taking me back to your house where your ex wife's plate collection is prominently displayed, because, she doesn't have room for it.

poor hygene

not sticking up for me when I am being dissed by your friends, family, or kids

Cheating

excess drinking, on a regular basis

smoking

Trying to get me to convert to your religion cause mine ain't good enough

Every place we go has to be free or cheap and you are an executive making mega bucks.

Mommy and Daddy come everywhere with us.(he was 40)

I've dated some real winners!

Thank goodness my sweetie didn't do any of this!

edited for spelling and to add a thing or two

QUOTE (Mara @ Aug 2 2009, 08:52 PM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Aug 2 2009, 10:48 PM)

You would with me! Well, if I weren't married, that is. tongue.gif Talking about dogs often yields an INSTANT bond, IME. I suppose it's possible that the same could happen with cats. But if a guy I've just met starts waxing eloquent and going on about his pet cats, it sets off my gaydar. This is based on more than one experience.

I'm not gay and I think cats are awesome... I don't think your cat talk would repel me very easily. laugh.gif Start talking about fashion and I'm outta there! bolt.gif

QUOTE (troutman @ Aug 2 2009, 09:30 PM)
Well with all this vegetarian talk. Let's get back to another turn off.

BAD BREATH!!!! 062802puke_prv.gif laugh.gif tongue.gif

laugh.gif Yeah. 062802puke_prv.gif

That could go under the umbrella of "Stinky People," but chronic halitosis is definitely an ender. Now, I understand that we all go through issues with our breath now and then. But, when serious dental intervention is necessary, please take care of it.

QUOTE (sullysue @ Aug 2 2009, 07:09 PM)
QUOTE (troutman @ Aug 2 2009, 09:30 PM)
Well with all this vegetarian talk. Let's get back to another turn off.

BAD BREATH!!!! 062802puke_prv.gif  laugh.gif  tongue.gif

laugh.gif Yeah. 062802puke_prv.gif

That could go under the umbrella of "Stinky People," but chronic halitosis is definitely an ender. Now, I understand that we all go through issues with our breath now and then. But, when serious dental intervention is necessary, please take care of it.

laugh.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I love kissing so it is a top priority!! biggrin.gif

Archived