Enders

sullysue

QUOTE (sullysue @ Jul 30 2009, 09:44 PM)
QUOTE (priest_of_syrinx @ Jul 30 2009, 11:31 PM)
QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Jul 30 2009, 10:29 PM)
Really? Because someone doesn't like a band that you do? Wow.....there's LOTS of people out there who don't like Rush....

Yeah, I wouldn't base my decision on something so subjective.

And, like I said before, it's all subjective. Let me put it this way: If you found someone who couldn't tolerate listening to Rush and you love listening to Rush, how is that going to work out? It's the same as if you found someone who loves listening to a band you can't stand one note of and they love them and they listen to them all the time, what do you do?

Exactly. How do you expect to have connection if there is major incompatibility in recreation?

Here's an interesting one, not a deal breaker for me, but it was for my ex(?) girlfriend: religious beliefs. She said she could never marry anyone who didn't believe in God, so if there was no chance of being married, there wasn't much point being in a long-term relationship. I consider myself agnostic, not atheistic. Funny part is even though she believes, she rarely goes to church. Sometimes I wonder if she had cold feet and was just using said reason as an escape.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Arndrake @ Jul 31 2009, 12:07 AM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Jul 30 2009, 09:44 PM)
QUOTE (priest_of_syrinx @ Jul 30 2009, 11:31 PM)
QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Jul 30 2009, 10:29 PM)
Really? Because someone doesn't like a band that you do? Wow.....there's LOTS of people out there who don't like Rush....

Yeah, I wouldn't base my decision on something so subjective.

And, like I said before, it's all subjective. Let me put it this way: If you found someone who couldn't tolerate listening to Rush and you love listening to Rush, how is that going to work out? It's the same as if you found someone who loves listening to a band you can't stand one note of and they love them and they listen to them all the time, what do you do?

Exactly. How do you expect to have connection if there is major incompatibility in recreation?

Here's an interesting one, not a deal breaker for me, but it was for my ex(?) girlfriend: religious beliefs. She said she could never marry anyone who didn't believe in God, so if there was no chance of being married, there wasn't much point being in a long-term relationship. I consider myself agnostic, not atheistic. Funny part is even though she believes, she rarely goes to church. Sometimes I wonder if she had cold feet and was just using said reason as an escape.

I'm agnostic as well, but my secular morals more or less match up with monotheistic doctrine. confused13.gif I do generally prefer religious women, though, and it's probably for their morals, even if they're from a different source than mine.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jul 30 2009, 09:22 PM)
and maybe having a prehensile tail,

ohmy.gif ! well THAT explains EVERYTHING now Johnny

eh.gif b_sigh.gif

SERIOUSLY!

hmmm.... off the top of my head, first two things that come to mind are:

Bad kissers.

I've tried coaching, suggesting... if they don't make the effort or catch on... i'm out.

Horrible in bed.

Now i realize every one is different, and have their own way of doing "things".

And there's always room to learn as well. But you can only try so hard for so long before you have to just... be done.

two definite deal breakers there. If those two things above don't jive in my world... there's no point in carrying on any longer.

Poor hygiene i'm thinking is another factor in the "i'm out" category.

And you have to also have a strong, outgoing personality. introverted or insecure with one self, and using ME as the way to help come out of your shell ain't doing for me either. I don't have the time nor the energy to psych YOU up all the time. You gotta pick up that slack yourself or i'm moving on...

oh man... the more i think about this, the longer my list is gonna get.

QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Jul 31 2009, 11:18 AM)
I can understand the no interest in music bit being an ender, but a rush hater? Said boy/girl is the chosen one in every other way, but if they don't like Rush it's over? I don't want to use the P word, but...

I agree, my wife hates Rush, in fact it grows with every passing day, and quite right too. Too many sheep in this world.

Ladi's first 2 are bang on too. If it ain't working in those departments, call a cab.

QUOTE (sullysue @ Jul 31 2009, 12:00 AM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Jul 30 2009, 10:42 PM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Jul 30 2009, 11:34 PM)
QUOTE (tangy @ Jul 30 2009, 09:12 PM)
gnarly farts

ugly mother

terminal vaginitis

poor cook

Alright, I have to ask. Have you been with a girl who has gnarly farts? More specifically, have you encountered a woman who farts in your presence? That's bad form. Deal-breaker to the extreme. My God. 062802puke_prv.gif

Hey! It irritates the hell out of me when guys think they can just let fly anywhere, any time in front of the wife or GF, just because they're guys. I gave my husband a RAFT of shit once when he made a comment that he'd needed to but didn't when we were out with friends. He "didn't want to be rude". Oh, so it's okay to be rude to YOUR WIFE?????? Especially when you KNOW she can't stand it? I understand a little slip-up here and there, no big deal. But it really, sincerely pisses me off when they do it deliberately, just to get a reaction. Then they stand there and laugh.

Yeah, laugh it up. Obviously, though, you're having some GI issues and don't need to be having any sex tonight.

laugh.gif

How do I phrase that in "the list" ?

"Recreational farting"

I have to go with others who have said "bad kisser". It isn't likely that there will be more than one date if a guy is a bad kisser. My definition of "bad" is excessively wet, slobbery, no or too much lip movement, tongue-sucking, slug-tongue (it just sort of flops into the girl's mouth and lies there).

Agree w/Janie - homophobes are out, though sometimes remedial work can have great results. My husband, though not hateful towards gay people, had been taught growing up that homosexuality was gross and wrong and a ticket to hell. Then he met some of my gay friends - once he started thinking of them as real multi-dimensional people instead of as concepts, he changed his attitudes. He'd never known anyone who was openly gay before.

I knew he was "over" his prejudices when one of my friends came over for some comfort and emotional support after a breakup with his longtime partner. My husband unhesitatingly gave him a hug - it almost made me cry. To him, D was just another friend who had suffered a heartbreak and needed his friends.

We'd not have gotten married if this change hadn't taken place, though.

I'm 100% with you girls on the kissing thing. It's really hard to get past someone who kisses badly. The whole licking and drooling thing instead of really kissing. Blah. That's so incredibly gross. If there's no chemestry in the kiss, then there's little chance of anything else clicking.

Liars (even in friendship, this includes women that lie about stuff too)

Cheaters

Bad hygiene

Men that think they know you, and they really don't.

Idiots/stupidity

Bad tempers

HUGE ego's

Small ****'s

Control freaks

QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Jul 31 2009, 07:16 AM)
HUGE ego's
Small ****'s

laugh.gif

Have to agree with you on this one. Some people say it's technique that matters but, well, um, you know, yeah... not so much.

QUOTE (Mara @ Jul 31 2009, 09:45 AM)
I have to go with others who have said "bad kisser". It isn't likely that there will be more than one date if a guy is a bad kisser. My definition of "bad" is excessively wet, slobbery, no or too much lip movement, tongue-sucking, slug-tongue (it just sort of flops into the girl's mouth and lies there).

Agree w/Janie - homophobes are out, though sometimes remedial work can have great results. My husband, though not hateful towards gay people, had been taught growing up that homosexuality was gross and wrong and a ticket to hell. Then he met some of my gay friends - once he started thinking of them as real multi-dimensional people instead of as concepts, he changed his attitudes. He'd never known anyone who was openly gay before.
I knew he was "over" his prejudices when one of my friends came over for some comfort and emotional support after a breakup with his longtime partner. My husband unhesitatingly gave him a hug - it almost made me cry. To him, D was just another friend who had suffered a heartbreak and needed his friends.
We'd not have gotten married if this change hadn't taken place, though.

That's truly a good man, high five him for me willl ya?

AND

just an email note, ya know how you're supposed to get MAYBE one single email per thread to say hey new stuff's posted here, come check it out?

I just checked my email again before quitting

AND THERE'S SIX EMAILS FROM THIS THREAD, THREE IN THE ORDER IN WHICH THEY WERE POSTED HERE!!

ok somebody tryin to say somethin to me or what huh?

z7shysterical.gif

QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Jul 31 2009, 09:16 AM)
Liars (even in friendship, this includes women that lie about stuff too)
Cheaters
Bad hygiene
Men that think they know you, and they really don't.
Idiots/stupidity
Bad tempers
HUGE ego's
Small ****'s
Control freaks

Small members? Really? So, a guy could be the perfect gentleman to you, but his 3-incher makes you break up with him?

You better have a 40E bra size then if you're going to be that superficial.

QUOTE (Janie @ Jul 31 2009, 10:25 AM)
HUGE ego's
Small ****'s

laugh.gif

Have to agree with you on this one. Some people say it's technique that matters but, well, um, you know, yeah... not so much.

Yep. There's a point at which. . .it just won't do it. But sometimes the very well-endowed make the mistake of thinking that their hugeness is all that's needed to make her happy - they think it's an excuse to get lazy in other areas.

QUOTE (Mara @ Jul 31 2009, 09:31 AM)
QUOTE (Janie @ Jul 31 2009, 10:25 AM)
HUGE ego's
Small ****'s

laugh.gif

Yep. There's a point at which. . .it just won't do it. But sometimes the very well-endowed make the mistake of thinking that their hugeness is all that's needed to make her happy - they think it's an excuse to get lazy in other areas.

And, then there's the guy who thinks he's good at it but isn't at all. Of course, there's more to a relationship than sex. But, if you're with a grown adult who still needs instructions and a map, there's gonna be problems.

I have to add that I do not like back hair. Fortunately, this CAN be remedied.

Also, I don't care for guys who lounge around the house shirtless or with one of those wife-beater undershirts on. It's just rednecky and too reminiscent of any episode of "Cops". Exceptions can be made for really hot summer days when the AC is broken.

QUOTE (Mara @ Jul 31 2009, 07:28 AM)
I have to add that I do not like back hair. Fortunately, this CAN be remedied.

Also, I don't care for guys who lounge around the house shirtless or with one of those wife-beater undershirts on. It's just rednecky and too reminiscent of any episode of "Cops". Exceptions can be made for really hot summer days when the AC is broken.

I like it when E runs around in his shorts (not boxers, real shorts) and no shirt. He get's attack'd! cool.gif

I definitely need a cold shower, or to stand next to our a/c. That man is TASTEY!!!!!! drool1.gif wub.gif

Archived