Enders

sullysue

QUOTE (sullysue @ Jul 30 2009, 10:44 PM)
QUOTE (priest_of_syrinx @ Jul 30 2009, 11:31 PM)
QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Jul 30 2009, 10:29 PM)
Really? Because someone doesn't like a band that you do? Wow.....there's LOTS of people out there who don't like Rush....

Yeah, I wouldn't base my decision on something so subjective.

And, like I said before, it's all subjective. Let me put it this way: If you found someone who couldn't tolerate listening to Rush and you love listening to Rush, how is that going to work out? It's the same as if you found someone who loves listening to a band you can't stand one note of and they love them and they listen to them all the time, what do you do?

Just my opinion, but but I think it's pretty ridiculous to rule out someone because they don't like Rush......... eh.gif

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My wife doesn't like Rush. We're coming up on 14 years of marriage.

Sure it would have helped to have had a Rush fan for a wife. A very nice plus.

But a plus is all it is. My friendship with and subsequent marriage to her is built on something much deeper.

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Jul 31 2009, 09:21 AM)
Really? Because someone doesn't like a band that you do? Wow.....there's LOTS of people out there who don't like Rush....

And, like I said before, it's all subjective. Let me put it this way: If you found someone who couldn't tolerate listening to Rush and you love listening to Rush, how is that going to work out? It's the same as if you found someone who loves listening to a band you can't stand one note of and they love them and they listen to them all the time, what do you do?

Just my opinion, but but I think it's pretty ridiculous to rule out someone because they don't like Rush......... eh.gif

My husband doesn't like Rush at all and I couldn't be happier! It's like my own little thing. Music is very important to me and I like to always have it on and I listen to quite a range. Music is not important to him at all. He can take it or leave it. And that's fine with me. I'm fine that he doesn't exactly like music and he's fine with me being a music fanatic.

QUOTE (Janie @ Jul 31 2009, 12:33 PM)

My husband doesn't like Rush at all and I couldn't be happier! It's like my own little thing. Music is very important to me and I like to always have it on and I listen to quite a range. Music is not important to him at all. He can take it or leave it. And that's fine with me. I'm fine that he doesn't exactly like music and he's fine with me being a music fanatic.

same here. mrs. lerxt does not like Rush, or a lot of other entertainment things i like. but thats cool... was never looking for a female version of myself (seinfeld alert) ... laugh.gif

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Jul 31 2009, 11:43 AM)

same here. mrs. lerxt does not like Rush, or a lot of other entertainment things i like. but thats cool... was never looking for a female version of myself (seinfeld alert) ... laugh.gif

Alright, alright! Jeeze. eyesre4.gif So, I wouldn't dump someone just because they hate Rush. There are some areas of compatibility that I'm unwilling to compromise. Music is one of them. I will say that I refuse to sit and listen to country music or go to country music bars. I've tried and just cannot do it. You can imagine, with my living in Texas, this could become a challenge.

Sue, I wasn't taking a swipe at you with that comment........just an opinion. My apoligies if it came across the wrong way. But yeah country music, that would be hard to deal with in an significant other.......

QUOTE (sullysue @ Jul 31 2009, 12:53 PM)

Alright, alright! Jeeze. eyesre4.gif So, I wouldn't dump someone just because they hate Rush. There are some areas of compatibility that I'm unwilling to compromise. Music is one of them. I will say that I refuse to sit and listen to country music or go to country music bars. I've tried and just cannot do it. You can imagine, with my living in Texas, this could become a challenge.

I'm with you. If some guy's idea of a fun Saturday is going to a NASCAR event, then capping the day by spending the entire night (perhaps into the wee hours of Sunday morning) line dancing at the nearest country bar - we are not compatible.

I too might be single if I lived in Texas.

*I once had to endure a night at the Grand Ole Opry. If Dante were to write The Inferno today, the Opry would stand in as the Eighth Circle of Hell. You cannot even escape the music by going to the bathroom - they pipe it in. The night we went there weren't even any big names performing (well, not that I would know, really). It was a horrifying experience.

QUOTE (sullysue @ Jul 31 2009, 08:53 AM)

I don't care for newer country music or the bars. But what about something like Johnny Cash? biggrin.gif "A Boy Named Sue" laugh.gif tongue.gif

I would have to say, Rap music would be an ender for me period!! yes.gif

QUOTE (troutman @ Jul 31 2009, 03:00 PM)

I don't care for newer country music or the bars. But what about something like Johnny Cash? biggrin.gif "A Boy Named Sue" laugh.gif tongue.gif

biggrin.gif I love that song. My dad would sing it to me. He was a big Johnny Cash fan. And, my middle name really is Sue. Didn't think it was very funny when I was a little kid. laugh.gif

Johnny Cash is cool. There are a few Willie Nelson tunes I can appreciate, too. I pretty much draw the line there.

QUOTE (sullysue @ Jul 31 2009, 12:08 PM)

biggrin.gif I love that song. My dad would sing it to me. He was a big Johnny Cash fan. And, my middle name really is Sue. Didn't think it was very funny when I was a little kid. laugh.gif

Johnny Cash is cool. There are a few Willie Nelson tunes I can appreciate, too. I pretty much draw the line there.

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Hey don't forget Hank Williams sr., Patsy Cline, Buck Owens, Roy Clark and even Minnie Pearl 653.gif laugh.gif tongue.gif

QUOTE (troutman @ Jul 31 2009, 03:13 PM)

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Hey don't forget Hank Williams sr., Patsy Cline, Buck Owens, Roy Clark and even Minnie Pearl 653.gif laugh.gif tongue.gif

Nope no.gif

Ok. Maybe some Patsy Cline. But, that's it!!!

Say if you liked to make really goofy videos of yourself, maybe as another character, or IN DRAG, or even maybe as a hobbit... and your partner didn't want to help you film them, or participate in them. THAT would be a deal-breaker. yes.gif

biggrin.gif

How about stupidity??

We were teaching this girl to play gin and we told her runs had to be the same suit. She then asked, completely seriously, "If I have three of a kind do they have to be the same suit?".

That's a deal breaker, can't deal with someone that disconnected.

"It's me or he bike/band/prog music"

I have a rule - if someone is making you choose between them and something else, choose the something else. wink.gif

Also, as others have said, infidelity and deliberate cruelty to animals.

Smoking is also a turn-off for me, but I don't know if this would count in this subject because the chances are they would already be smoking before we would potentially start to date, so therefore, we wouldn't start! tongue.gif

QUOTE (Jaye @ Jul 31 2009, 06:33 PM)
I have a rule - if someone is making you choose between them and something else, choose the something else. wink.gif

Smoking is also a turn-off for me, but I don't know if this would count in this subject because the chances are they would already be smoking before we would potentially start to date, so therefore, we wouldn't start! tongue.gif

Aren't you supposed to smoke AFTER the date anyway wink.gif tongue.gif

QUOTE (BeOhBe Bob @ Jul 31 2009, 11:55 PM)

You'll get kicked out of bed and down the stairs if you do! laugh.gif

QUOTE (Jaye @ Jul 31 2009, 07:06 PM)
QUOTE (BeOhBe Bob @ Jul 31 2009, 11:55 PM)

You'll get kicked out of bed and down the stairs if you do! laugh.gif

at least it would've happened laugh.gif

and Digital Man, do NOT take that girl to Atlantic City PLEASE..

At the blackjack table...

"er um I have a card with a Q thingy on one side and this A card on top..does that mean I take another card?"

QUOTE (sullysue @ Jul 31 2009, 12:42 PM)

Nope no.gif

laugh.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif trink39.gif

Had to stop in and throw my thoughts out there.

Bad Hygiene... Can't handle that.

Bad kisser... This you find out pretty fast. If it isn't good, there won't be a future.

Poor Communication... If we can't have a REAL conversation, where do you think this is going?

Infidelity... You're with me or you're not.

I have a saying... "If I wanna see someone else, you will be the first to know. Cause this relationship will end first"

I figure if I can do this, so should they.

No sense of humor... Life is full of ups and downs. And for the most part you are going to need someone to laugh with. If it weren't for Kenny, my hubby wub.gif , I would have lost it a LONG TIME AGO. He has found ways to make me laugh through the worst of times.

Abuse... Been there, done that, won't ever deal with that again.

Control freaks... You do your thing, I'll do mine. We'll make time for each other and if all goes well, you'll see more of me. Don't shove yourself on me.

I can't agree with the dislike of Rush, or any other band. Everyone has their separate and individual tastes. You are going to have time ALONE and you can enjoy these things then. OR... Maybe you will be lucky enough to influence the others taste.

As far as the bedroom stuff, I think that LRF covered all that.

Thanks Sully for starting this thread. Very interesting.

QUOTE (troutman @ Jul 31 2009, 07:47 PM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Jul 31 2009, 12:42 PM)

Nope no.gif

laugh.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif trink39.gif

when it comes to country no is quite like david allen coe

QUOTE (CeeJ @ Jul 31 2009, 08:56 PM)
Had to stop in and throw my thoughts out there.

Bad Hygiene... Can't handle that.

Bad kisser... This you find out pretty fast. If it isn't good, there won't be a future.

Poor Communication... If we can't have a REAL conversation, where do you think this is going?

Infidelity... You're with me or you're not.
I have a saying... "If I wanna see someone else, you will be the first to know. Cause this relationship will end first"
I figure if I can do this, so should they.

No sense of humor... Life is full of ups and downs. And for the most part you are going to need someone to laugh with. If it weren't for Kenny, my hubby wub.gif , I would have lost it a LONG TIME AGO. He has found ways to make me laugh through the worst of times.

Abuse... Been there, done that, won't ever deal with that again.

Control freaks... You do your thing, I'll do mine. We'll make time for each other and if all goes well, you'll see more of me. Don't shove yourself on me.

I can't agree with the dislike of Rush, or any other band. Everyone has their separate and individual tastes. You are going to have time ALONE and you can enjoy these things then. OR... Maybe you will be lucky enough to influence the others taste.

As far as the bedroom stuff, I think that LRF covered all that.

Thanks Sully for starting this thread. Very interesting.

I like this list. yes.gif Comprehensive.

Sorry you had to experience the abuse thing, CeeJ. hug2.gif

Enders:

• High Maintenance
  • Smothering
  • PETA supporter
  • Vegetarian
  • unintelligent
  • Atheist/neo darwinist (not intended to politicize the discussion, just keeping it honest)

My dear old Pappy always said "Don't date a girl who has more problems than you have."....thanks Dad! smile.gif

Archived