Bad Movies

Inthend

QUOTE (Rushchick7 @ Jul 29 2008, 04:05 PM)
QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Jul 29 2008, 11:58 AM)
Across The Universe.

Oh Whatever DUDE!! That movie was sooo cool. I wanna buy it so I can watch it again.

goodpost.gif

I loved it and I usually hate musicals.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Jul 29 2008, 04:10 PM)
Across The Universe.

Oh Whatever DUDE!! That movie was sooo cool. I wanna buy it so I can watch it again.

goodpost.gif

Yeah, I thought it took a great deal of creativity to weave the lyrics into the script that way and I thought they did a great job setting the emotional tone and context of that period in history. The visuals were also great and fun to watch.

QUOTE (Rushchick7 @ Jul 29 2008, 02:16 PM)
QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Jul 29 2008, 04:10 PM)
Across The Universe.

goodpost.gif

Yeah, I thought it took a great deal of creativity to weave the lyrics into the script that way and I thought they did a great job setting the emotional tone and context of that period in history. The visuals were also great and fun to watch.

except it was an hour too long.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Jul 29 2008, 03:22 PM)
Mission to Mars

Yep, I saw that piece of crap in the theater. A friend later asked me how it was. I told him "like '2001' only slower". He opted to wait and rent it. laugh.gif

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jul 28 2008, 11:30 PM)
QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Jul 28 2008, 05:44 PM)
Armageddon.

Bad acting, bad special effects, bad script, but worst of all it stars premier Hollywood douchebag Ben Affleck.

I don't think I ever read truer words! laugh.gif

And the same can be said for Pearl Harbor. Utter crap.

Pearl Harbor DID suck the big one.

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Jul 29 2008, 07:55 PM)
Cold Mountain. And I like love story/chicky flix. This one was downright awful.

The book sucked ass too. I realize that Oprah's Book Club would give me a beating if they heard me say that, but I hated it. Needless to say, I stayed far, far away from the movie.

QUOTE (Slime @ Jul 28 2008, 05:04 AM)
I can't say "I hate 'Heavy Metal'" enough to convey the SIZE of the hate...

If I could get away with assaulting every person who ever told me "Hey man you should check this out", I'd make your local hospitals VERY busy

Funny you should say that....

I just talked to the drummer in my band (we meet on Tuesday nights) and told him I was bringing my copy of "Spinal Tap" for him to watch as he has never seen this classic movie....and he's A DRUMMER!!! biggrin.gif

Anyway, he says to me "cool man...I'll let you borrow "Heavy Metal". You gotta watch that again man... it's really cool!"....I saw it when I was 11 in the theater and I've never had a desire to see it again. It just never held my interest.

Now the sound track to the movie is a different story.

QUOTE (Marathonist @ Jul 29 2008, 08:08 PM)
Cold Mountain.  And I like love story/chicky flix.  This one was downright awful.

The book sucked ass too. I realize that Oprah's Book Club would give me a beating if they heard me say that, but I hated it. Needless to say, I stayed far, far away from the movie.

Have to disagree with this one.

First time i saw it, thought it was draggy and depressing.

Saw it again on tv a couple years later and enjoyed it more.

There was some pretty good acting thruout altho still think it was a little long.

Bottom line, this movie does have some redeeming qualities.

And i'll say the same for The English Patient.

So then, so far we have the following that everyone agrees on is crap :

Pearl Harbor remake (the orginal was excellent)

Ishtar

Shanghai Surprise

Mission to Mars

Little Nicky

The Eye

Diaster Movie

The Strangers

Starsky and Hutch

Catwoman

Armageddon

Street Fighter

Stop or My Mom Will Shoot

Down With Love

Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

and i'll add Disturbia

I'd like to get a list that everyone agrees on, so if you would like any of the above taken off the list, please do so, or forever hold your peace. biggrin.gif

Edited by Inthend

QUOTE (mazyyz @ Jul 30 2008, 10:07 PM)
Mars Attacks

Helllll no.

Mars Attacks is funny as shit.

"We come in peace." then... BLAST BLAST BLAST!!!

rofl3.gif

That movie was a trip! 1022.gif

Gods & Generals- 4hrs of torture, this version of the Civil War indeed Hell to sit through! scared.gif schla03.gif

Cold Mountain i thought the book was good and like it always goes way better then the movie. I guess you can call it Stephen King syndrome.(Yes, there's many exceptions with King but also just as many disappointments.)

QUOTE (Inthend @ Jul 30 2008, 09:39 PM)
QUOTE (Marathonist @ Jul 29 2008, 08:08 PM)
Cold Mountain.  And I like love story/chicky flix.  This one was downright awful.

Have to disagree with this one.

First time i saw it, thought it was draggy and depressing.

Saw it again on tv a couple years later and enjoyed it more.

There was some pretty good acting thruout altho still think it was a little long.

Bottom line, this movie does have some redeeming qualities.

And i'll say the same for The English Patient.

So then, so far we have the following that everyone agrees on is crap :

Pearl Harbor remake (the orginal was excellent)

I thought the movie Cold Mountain was just ok, characters not exactly what i'd envision after reading Fraziers book. And remember Neil read Cold Mountain liked it! nasty.gif biggrin.gif

Pearl Harbor original ? my guess that was TORA! TORA! TORA! That's a great movie. yes.gif

Pearl Harbor was bad enough to inspire an entire song in Team America! Can't get much worse than that.

I didn't HATE Kingdom of the Crystal Skull...it was just a case of "so what?". It was just another Indy movie, no more or less (when it should have been more).

rushgoober will get on my case for mentioning Field of Dreams, but I must.

"If you watch it, it will suck" tongue.gif

Pearl Harbor

Ishtar

Shanghai Surprise

Mission to Mars

Little Nicky

The Eye

Diaster Movie

The Strangers

Starsky and Hutch

Catwoman

Armageddon

Street Fighter

Stop or My Mom Will Shoot

Down With Love

Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Disturbia

Revolver

Dream Catcher

Gods and Generals (altho I thought the sets were very authentic)

Pearl Harbor was bad enough to inspire an entire song in Team America! Can't get much worse than that.

rofl3.gif - good one Slime!

Field of Dreams was a little sappy, but not bad enough to make our list, imo.

I'd like to get a list that everyone agrees on, so if you would like any of the above taken off the list, please do so, or forever hold your peace.

I have to add the remake of "Planet of the Apes." It was a "tolerable" movie until the very end when Marky Mark's ship crashes into the Lincoln Memorial in Washington, DC. In the memorial is an ape version of Abraham Lincoln (Ape-braham Lincoln). Killed the entire movie.

I swear the lead female ape (I think played by Helena Bonham Carter) looked like Janet Jackson ("Miss Jackson if you're nasty".) (-15 points if you get the 80's reference haha)

http://www.jimbogames.com/avatars/ape1.jpghttp://www.jimbogames.com/avatars/ape2.jpg

Edited by JimboGames

QUOTE (Marathonist @ Jul 28 2008, 09:04 AM)
QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Jul 28 2008, 08:35 AM)
I heard Gigli was pretty bad, although I can't say for my self since I've never watched it nor ever plan to.

new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

LOL, you know better, don't you?? I haven't seen it either, for that reason.

As far as movies-I-haven't-seen-but-won't-bother-with:

Any film based on a popular 70's TV show. 'Starsky and Hutch', both 'Charlie's Angels' (yes, I know there's drool factor for guys there), etc. There's a reason these shows were cancelled, people.

Now I did like the first X-Files movie and plan to see the new one.

I'll agree, those movies totally sucked. I couldn't even make it through half of charlie's angels. But... The reason why Charlie's Angels and Starsky and Hutch TV shows were cancelled was because... um... All shows get cancelled sooner or later. That's a pretty weak argument imho. I mean, those shows were wildly popular when they were on TV. eyesre4.gif

Deathrace does indeed look like it will suck. How did they get Joan Allen, a well respected actress, to be in that? And didn't the Transporter movies get Jason Statham enough credit/money so that he could say no if he wanted to?

My least favorite movie of all time is American Beauty. My wife and I saw it after all the hype and just could not believe how much we hated it.