What Are We Drinking Tonight??

Midway Hawker

QUOTE (sullysue @ Mar 30 2008, 11:07 AM)
QUOTE (anagramking @ Mar 30 2008, 10:29 AM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Mar 29 2008, 10:46 PM)
Bella Sera Pinot Grigio.

God! I'd love to blow a ton of money on the expensive stuff, just to know what a really good wine is like.

You can get decent stuff for good prices at places like Trader Joe's and Costco. I know some people who swear by Two Buck Chuck at Trader Joe's, even. More importantly, you have to figure out what kinds of wine you like and don't like. I know that if a bottle of chardonnay, merlot, or cabernet goes for $500, I'm still probably not going to like it very much. But yeah, a $500 bottle of pinot noir, it better be the best I've ever had.

$500!!!! ohmy.gif I'd settle on being able to buy the $25 bottle. laugh.gif I know, though, that the cost of the wine doesn't necessarily mean it's good. I tried Cristal once and thought it tasted like crap.

Hey, I've never had a $500 bottle either. Just throwing the extreme out there, though I guess I could have added another zero to that to make it sound really crazy. We seem to be good for a glass a night apiece here, so we do make a bottle last a long time. That being said, if we were to buy a $25 bottle, we'd have to know it was a great bottle before we did it. Doing the research and knowing what we like does help. Someday, when we better understand, we might do that once in awhile. In the meantime, a single digit bottle of vinho verde or prosecco from Trader Joe's works just fine for us. It's the best feeling to find a great cheap bottle, I say. Any idiot with cash to burn can get a great bottle. What's the thrill in that? Tonight we'll be having some more of our $12 bottle of chianti (California grown, but still good) that we bought for our Friday night foray into a new BYOB pizzeria by us.

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Mar 31 2008, 08:03 PM)
We went over our buddy's house and had many glasses of different kinds of rum with pepsi. yes.gif

bacarrdi, malibu and my fave... Captain Morgan spiced rum. drool1.gif

I'm beyond drunk. I have to go find DPR in politics. z7shysterical.gif

rofl3.gif

QUOTE (rushbass @ Apr 5 2008, 03:39 PM)
Last night was a heckuva drinkfest for me... beer, cocktails, shots... ohmy.gif

Anyone got some aspirin?! wink.gif

hair of the dog, just like i am doing trink39.gif

Blue Moon Belgian White

It's good, if you ask me. Reading from the label it's brewed with wheat and oats with a comination of orange peel and coriander. I don't drink good beer that much anymore. I think I have a crude palatte when it comes to beer. If it costs more than eight bucks a six-pack, it has to be decent, right? laugh.gif

At any rate, I'm enjoying it. trink39.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ Apr 11 2008, 12:45 AM)
Blue Moon Belgian White

It's good, if you ask me. Reading from the label it's brewed with wheat and oats with a comination of orange peel and coriander. I don't drink good beer that much anymore. I think I have a crude palatte when it comes to beer. If it costs more than eight bucks a six-pack, it has to be decent, right?  laugh.gif

At any rate, I'm enjoying it.  trink39.gif

You would LOVE this beer:

Fraoch Heather Ale

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/1001001/Beer/245.jpg

Yes, it's made with real heather flowers. You can smell the heather more than taste it, but it's quite possibly the smoothest beer I've ever had. And it's a good beer for those who don't like heavy, strong beer. Very easy to drink.

Ask GG...I sent her a bottle a while back and she raved about it. Unfortunately I can't seem to find that beer around here anymore. sad.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Apr 11 2008, 01:00 AM)
Blue Moon Belgian White

It's good, if you ask me. Reading from the label it's brewed with wheat and oats with a comination of orange peel and coriander. I don't drink good beer that much anymore. I think I have a crude palatte when it comes to beer. If it costs more than eight bucks a six-pack, it has to be decent, right?  laugh.gif

Fraoch Heather Ale

Yes, it's made with real heather flowers. You can smell the heather more than taste it, but it's quite possibly the smoothest beer I've ever had. And it's a good beer for those who don't like heavy, strong beer. Very easy to drink.

Ask GG...I sent her a bottle a while back and she raved about it. Unfortunately I can't seem to find that beer around here anymore. sad.gif

I know a place that sells it but it's in North Carolina so that's probably not much help. I do enjoy a bottle whenever I'm there, though.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Apr 11 2008, 06:53 AM)
Blue Moon Belgian White

Fraoch Heather Ale

I know a place that sells it but it's in North Carolina so that's probably not much help. I do enjoy a bottle whenever I'm there, though.

That Fraoch sounds interesting. I'll check around to see if any of the stores around here carry it. If not, maybe we can arrange something, Jack. I'd like to try it, and I bet GG would love to have another bottle.

QUOTE (sullysue @ Apr 11 2008, 11:42 PM)
QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Apr 11 2008, 06:53 AM)
Blue Moon Belgian White

Fraoch Heather Ale

That Fraoch sounds interesting. I'll check around to see if any of the stores around here carry it. If not, maybe we can arrange something, Jack. I'd like to try it, and I bet GG would love to have another bottle.

This might be of some help. Click. It's the site for the American distributor of Fraoch with contact info which you can give to your local retailer.

Oh, and here is the official website for Fraoch in case you want to check it out.

QUOTE (Dread Pirate Robert @ Mar 27 2008, 03:03 PM)
What is this "what are we drinking TONIGHT shit"? wink.gif

Not night yet, not even close.

Beautiful spring day here today. Way too nice to be stuck inside the office. So, closed early, came home, opened all the windows in the house, and now am enjoying a fresh warm spring breeze blowing through the window a few feet from where I sitting in front of my computer, listening to cheery bird song . . . and just opened up a bottle of delicious La Fin Du Monde, drinking it from an icy mug.

Ah, life is good smile.gif

Yeah, no kidding. Of course, 8:45 am is probably pushing it, even for a Saturday. Later I plan a trip the local HEB and I'll peruse the imports for a little beer buffet sampler. I'm thinking some Samuel Smith, perhaps some Sam Adams, maybe I'll just get any beer made by someone named Sam and call it the theme of the day...

Almost noon eastern time, close enough for me. Today's selection will be Samuel Adams Honey Porter and Cream Stout as well as Stella Artois lager.