Best Rush Show You Ever Attended and the Runner Up

rushfan1966

I have seen RUSH 10 times and the best RUSH show I have ever seen was last year, the first ACC show in Toronto on September 19th.

That was the day after my birthday, my wife gave me a great present, she sent me from Seattle, WA to Detroit to pick up my best friends. We then drove to Toronto. I was amazed how great the show was.

I never thought that they could top the Vapor Trails tour.

They were so tight. Plus I didn't know the setlist before, so I had a few surprises.

The seats weren't great but the show kicked ass!!!!!!!!!

OK its your turn!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry if this thread has been posted before. If it has then it bears repeating!!!!!

2.gif The Best Band in the World

Last saturday's Reno show is tops for me - had front row seats. Second is T4E at the Gorge, WA, which I get my third RUSH show at this month.

umm well ive only seen them 3 times....newbie...but my favorite of those three would have to be bonner springs july for S&A. i had 10th row tickets on geds side and they were amazing...it also was the first time that ive been to a concert and been able to drink. I only had two tall boys just to loosen up a bit.

my buddy that was a fellow rush fan couldnt make it so i invited my other buddy who didn't care for them much at all and he left very impressed and even went out and bought the new album...it was probably top 3 highlights of my whole life. 1022.gif

It's hard to remember back through concerts spanning a 20 year time frame...

but, I guess I would rate the best one as being Rush - Dallas 2002-08-19... they put on a great show that night, and the set list was primo...

43 shows since 1980-

The CLEAR winner is 6/28/2002, Meadows in Hartford, CT. Opening night of the Vapor Trails tour- The show that could have never been. Not the best performance, but the place was charged up with amazing energy. If you were there you know what I'm talking about.

I'd have to agree with BSF. I've seen Rush live over 20 times since my first show...which was Sept. 23, 1983. It was the last night of 5 SOLD OUT shows at Radio City Music Hall. I was totally blown away by the acoustics. I saw them there at RCMH in Aug. 2004. In between those two dates, I saw them at few open air venues and even more arenas. But, NOTHING compares to seeing them perform live at Radio City!

It's a tie.

3rd row for Counterparts at the Houston Summit tied with S&A '08 at the Woodlands pavilion (20th row-ish).

Their performance on the latest tour is just insane. Great sound, lights, and Geddy is on fire.

Saw RUSH 31 times since 1980

TOP 3

Radio City Signals 83

Radio City 30th anniversary 2004

Snakes & Arrows MSG 2007

My first when I was 13 and my Mom finally said yes.

It was power windows and it was so good I've seen them 40 more times since :-)

In reality there are parts of each of those shows that really stand out, one being the time Geddy recognized me (he actaully mouthed "not you again" in Indy to me), or when we were travelling next to the bus and they made faces at us.

Sometimes its not even the BAND that made it memorable - it was the great people I met/ or the trip with someone I care about.

The most recent great memory was being in the 8th row center this past tour (which I personally believe is THE best seat in the house in Tinley Park) with my 13 year old son and him yelling that "Neil keeps LOOKING at me!" from the closest seat he had ever been in for a show.

mp tour, may 1981 m.s.g

sig tour, dec 1982 m.s.g.

1022.gif

Believe it or not. . .the RTB tour. Power Windows was second by a hair.

2.gif 18 times

Best : 6 days ago ( The stars aglined )

so good I cancelled going to Vegas for the Saturday night show

Runner up : TFE in SanDeigo 1st leg ( 1996 )

So true about a good night being about the Whole night, all the interactions you have with Friends & strangers.

Also the Energy at certian shows, the Most Energy I ever felt by far was the 1987 U2 Joshua Tree Tour OMG, my hair are sticking up now just rethinking about it.....

Nokia was way up there but Irvine is the Metal God. 7/25/07 is the winner. My mind is to twisted by 5/6/08 to force second place out of this brain matter. 2.gif 1022.gif

mine was mansfield last year for S&A tour. That place was rocking, most of the crown was into it. Second best would have to be the R30 tour at hartford, then mohegan. The band is pretty much on every show so this is more of a crowd related poll to me. Mohegan was dead, almost the whole section i was in was sitting, barely bobbing their heads.

I think ill have a new favorite after this leg seeing as how I have much better seats!!!

R30, Virginia Beach ('cause I was front row).

Runner up would be TFE at the Cap Center in DC (cause they played ALL of 2112. I didn't know the setlist ahead of time and was completely awestruck).

Archived