Setlist Revealed on RIAB

hektur

Yeeeah....something dosn't seem quite "legit" about this setlist being the "official" setlist. Not saying that Rush didn't PLAY these songs yesterday during rehearsal, but I just can't seem to convince myself that this is the real-deal.

Like what was mentioned before, this setlist could possibly be:

a.) A "special" setlist for Puerto Rico - which will change for the North American leg of the tour

b.) Only PART of what will be in the official setlist, in which the Boys will rehearse the REST of the songs today, and possibly tomarrow before the show.

c.) Bullsh*t, lol tongue.gif

I DO like the fact that Ghost Of A Chance, Red Barchetta, and 2112 Overture/Temples is included in the setlist - IF infact it's legit. I kinda DON'T like the fact that they dropped Circumstances and Entre Nous, yet STILL kept Dreamline and One Little Victory? confused13.gif

Well, I'm not really COMPLAINING about the setlist, but at the same time, something just dosn't seem right... unsure.gif If this IS infact the real-deal, I'm STILL going the show, and having a fun time...esp since I'm going w/ a friend of mine who is a HUGE Rush fan, but has never gotten the chance to see them in concert. So THAT'S going to be fun seeing his reactions to the show. yes.gif

Either way...July 17th CANNOT come fast enough!

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blah. Looks like they just put the R30 set list with the S&A leg one set list and combined it. Taking out Circumstances and Entre Nous could be the worst decision this band has made in a long time. Those two lit the entire house up when I saw them. We do not need to see The Trees, Red Barchetta, and 2112 again. They have been overplayed. I would shorten the S&A songs to 4 or 5 OR play Good News First and Bravest Face replacing Armor and Sword and The Way The Wind Blows.

This is not the "REVAMP" Rush.com promised and not the "big surprises" that was said in Billboard last week. Not by a long shot.

dazed025.gif

Remember that when they are doing interviews they are trying to hype the tour and sell tickets. Alex isn't going to say "yeah its pretty much the same setlist" because the casual fan who listens to the radio will just not go. Its the same thing he did when he was doing pre release interviews for S&A and he said it was "their best work ever!" z7shysterical.gif

I think this rehearsal setlist is exactly that.....a rehearsal. They know people are listening....I really think we are still in for some suprises in the states.....or maybe the biggest suprise was the fact that we all bought into the 'revamped' statement....with our $$$$$$$$$$$. Either way, it's Rush, so you know you are in for a good show.

QUOTE (powerwindows @ Apr 10 2008, 01:15 PM)
I think this rehearsal setlist is exactly that.....a rehearsal. They know people are listening....I really think we are still in for some suprises in the states.....or maybe the biggest suprise was the fact that we all bought into the 'revamped' statement....with our $$$$$$$$$$$. Either way, it's Rush, so you know you are in for a good show.

Last year the rehearsal set list was exact. It was posted a day before the show and the order and song list was exact. I think that this is the set list.

QUOTE (thesweetscience @ Apr 10 2008, 12:20 PM)
Last year the rehearsal set list was exact. It was posted a day before the show and the order and song list was exact. I think that this is the set list.

I was thinking the same thing - and the more I DO think about it, the more I AM starting to convince myself that this IS the official setlist.

QUOTE (thesweetscience @ Apr 10 2008, 12:15 PM)
Remember that when they are doing interviews they are trying to hype the tour and sell tickets.  Alex isn't going to say "yeah its pretty much the same setlist" because the casual fan who listens to the radio will just not go.  Its the same thing he did when he was doing pre release interviews for S&A and he said it was "their best work ever!"  z7shysterical.gif

Jeez, do you really despise Rush this much, or is this sarcasm? confused13.gif

I think I'm going to put a poll up about the setlist. I, personally, love it! It's 2.gif after all, isn't it?

This setlist is PERFECT!! (if it ends up being correct)

The reason I say this is because the boys developed this list and I want to hear what they want to play. I trust their judgement on developing a well-rounded setlist while staying true to the S&A tour and keeping those songs intact.

Way to go boys... you've really outdone yourselves on both legs of this tour. Bravo I say... BRAVO!!

applaudit.gif

QUOTE (CountFloyd @ Apr 10 2008, 12:43 PM)
I am happy with this setlist. 1022.gif cheer.gif common001.gif trink39.gif

I guess they will do the hemispheres, ladder, and ce as a second encore? tongue.gif

Well, that's one good way to look at it. laugh.gif

QUOTE (PariahDog @ Apr 10 2008, 01:38 PM)
Remember that when they are doing interviews they are trying to hype the tour and sell tickets.  Alex isn't going to say "yeah its pretty much the same setlist" because the casual fan who listens to the radio will just not go.  Its the same thing he did when he was doing pre release interviews for S&A and he said it was "their best work ever!"  z7shysterical.gif

Jeez, do you really despise Rush this much, or is this sarcasm? confused13.gif

No it is really just severe disappointment with their recent activity.

There is a little sarcasm in there too but I always have a sarcastic tone.

And in all honesty, would you really put S&A in a category with anything done between Hemispheres and Hold Your Fire?

If you could only have/listen to one Rush album for the rest of your life and it cannot be live or a compilation. Which would you pick?

Remember that when they are doing interviews they are trying to hype the tour and sell tickets. Alex isn't going to say "yeah its pretty much the same setlist" because the casual fan who listens to the radio will just not go. Its the same thing he did when he was doing pre release interviews for S&A and he said it was "their best work ever!" z7shysterical.gif

LMAO oh right you are!

trink36.gif

The debate on RIAB is a classic right now a lot of kool aid drinking going on.

So that's their new setlist? All the same SnA songs they played last time, Entre Nous (having been played for the first time ever this tour) swapped out for a RtB song, and Circumstances (being played for the 2nd time ever/the first time since 1979) being swapped out for one of the most overplayed songs in Rush's catalog? Practically nothing that could be called a "vault tune" anymore, and where's Jacob's Ladder, Hemispheres, and all the other stuff we've been getting teasers about?

I call bullshit on this setlist. Otherwise, this is really disappointing

QUOTE (EveryNerveAware @ Apr 10 2008, 11:50 AM)
This setlist is PERFECT!! (if it ends up being correct)

The reason I say this is because the boys developed this list and I want to hear what they want to play. I trust their judgement on developing a well-rounded setlist while staying true to the S&A tour and keeping those songs intact.

Way to go boys... you've really outdone yourselves on both legs of this tour. Bravo I say... BRAVO!!

applaudit.gif

goodpost.gif

My only disappointment is no PoW representation, but still...what a great show! I can't wait!

Here's something else to consider...when has Rush ever lied to us about their setlist for an upcoming tour? Over the past couple months, Geddy and Alex have sayed things to the effect of, "This tour is going to be VERY special", "There will be a few nice suprises", "We'll be playing a couple songs that we have never played before", ect...ect...

and I doubt they would say that just to "hype up the tour for better ticket sales", because if my memory serves me right, I remember hearing such statements by Ged and Al in the past, regaurding the setlist, such as:

Vapor Trails tour:

*They mentioned that they would be playing a song that they NEVER played before - and it was TRUE. They played Between Sun and Moon.

*They mentioned 4 -5 songs from Vapor Trails would be played - and it was true.

*There was an interview Alex did on a radio station, just a few days before the VT tour started, and the DJ joked with Alex and sayed, "If you guys arn't playing Tai Shan or Bravado, I ain't coming!" - then Alex laughed and sayed, "well....ONE of those, anyway.." - which was TRUE, since they did play Bravado.

30th Anniversary Tour

*I can recall either Alex and/or Geddy mentioning something like, "We're bringing back an old song from 80's that we havn't played in AGES, and we've been having alot of fun rehearsing it, and I'm sure the fans will really enjoy it" - which was obviously Between The Wheels.

*Geddy and Alex mentioning a few songs off of Feedback would be performed.

*And I remember ONE of the Boys mentioning that the R30 tour was going to primarily be a "greatest hits" tour, even though I think most fans already knew that, lol. But - it was true.

Snakes & Arrows Tour - 2007 leg

*Both Geddy and Alex mentioned "a song that has NEVER been played before..." - and they played Entre Nous.

*An interviewer asked Alex about the Encore, and Alex gave out a hint by saying, "Think KIMONOS..." - which was obviously a reference to A Passage To Bangkok, which is from 2112..which contains a photo of the band in kimonos, lol tongue.gif

*Geddy and Alex both mentioning that they wanted to try and play about 8 -9 songs off of S&A - and they sure did!

so ANYWAY...LOL...my point is, with Rush being very accurate about thier past tours' setlists, why would they suddenly NOW lie to us about THIS tour's setlist? I HIGHLY doubt that Ghost Of A Chance is the "big suprise", or whats making this tour "very special". So, like I mentioned - either the setlist posted by the OP, is either just a "special" setlist for the Puerto Rico fans, a rehearsal list, or it's just a phoney.

QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Apr 10 2008, 11:15 AM)
QUOTE (Tony R @ Apr 10 2008, 11:01 AM)
Bit disappointing if you ask me, which, of course, you didnt...

I cant see any major reason why anyone who was wavering about whether to attend the tour this year would be convinced to part with cash IF that is what is on offer.

Ghost of a Chance and maybe 2112 would sway me, aswell as knowing how much fun I had at the shows on the 2007.

Sell a kidney and get on the effing plane!!! biggrin.gif

IF this is accurate, I wouldn't think there's room for many more changes. It's 2 nights to showtime - these are essentially dress rehearsals at this point, not jams to test out various songs. As for a PR-only setlist...Rush doesn't really do that. On Vapor Trails, they simply added Closer to the Heart for Mexico and South America. On R30 and Snakes & Arrows they made no changes at all for Europe (including keeping 4 covers on R30).

IF accurate, this is really lazy and weak on their part. It would be a great setlist if the 2007 tour didn't happen. But it did and this is coming back less than a year later to many of the same cities with increased ticket prices. They even used the term "Revamped Setlist" on their website, tour press release, and in radio commercials. This isn't a revamped setlist at all and it's certainly not a setlist designed to appeal to the many diehards who are the only ones that are coming to see them again so soon after the last set of the shows. They really could have made 8-9 changes without it being a big deal. Not even a single change to the 9 S&A songs? Yes it's great we still get to see them, but it doesn't mean we couldn't have wanted more. Much more. Between the "revamped setlist" talk, the poor ticket sales, and the billboard article promising surprises and Alex teasing us by mentioning Camera Eye and Jacob's Ladder, we certainly weren't out of line to be expecting more than simply routine additions that are played every tour and a Roll The Bones song in place of 2 of the biggest treats from last year.

If thats the setlist for the states ,im out. I hope my friend was right and this list is wrong.If not it will be the first tour i have skipped . The setlist looks like the boys dont want to take any chances. Looking it over i feel as if i have already seen this show a few times. Guess i can save my money for Phil Lesh and friends and the Levon Helm band, Government Mule, and Widespread Panic this summer. Thanks for the imfo. Peace out.

Very dissapointed fists crying.gif

Archived