Setlist Revealed on RIAB

hektur

Besides Ghost of a Chance nothing earth shattering. confused13.gif

I would be slightly disappointed if i seen them the first time around and had tickets for second leg expecting numerous set list changes.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (softfilter @ Apr 11 2008, 05:18 PM)
Besides Ghost of a Chance nothing earth shattering. confused13.gif
I would be slightly disappointed if i seen them the first time around and had tickets for second leg expecting numerous set list changes.

If not numerous, even 3-4 cool song changes would have been nice.

QUOTE (ifloveremains @ Apr 11 2008, 04:08 PM)
QUOTE (ashpkt @ Apr 11 2008, 05:06 PM)
Oh well.  My 8yr old daughter will especially love it.  First real concert - I don't count Hannah Montana - and her favorites are 2112 and The Trees.

Those are some wicked favourites for an 8 year old! That's awesome, I'm sure she'll enjoy it. biggrin.gif

You bet! Funny thing is all 3 of my girls dig those two. It's not like they really had much of a choice though. They used to complain they didn't get to pick the music. I said, OK, you can pick from 'THAT' case. Of course 'THAT' case only contained Rush CD's. They began to really like them once I told them to keep quiet long enough to actually listen to the words and understand what the song was about. I made it like a captive music appreciation class.

Of course, being young and generally silly, they also wanted to play "Dog Years" and "I Think I'm Going Bald" but, I wouldn't let them go there. I told them you had to be a Professional Rush Fan to appreciate those. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (ashpkt @ Apr 11 2008, 05:24 PM)
QUOTE (ifloveremains @ Apr 11 2008, 04:08 PM)
QUOTE (ashpkt @ Apr 11 2008, 05:06 PM)
Oh well.  My 8yr old daughter will especially love it.  First real concert - I don't count Hannah Montana - and her favorites are 2112 and The Trees.

Those are some wicked favourites for an 8 year old! That's awesome, I'm sure she'll enjoy it. biggrin.gif

You bet! Funny thing is all 3 of my girls dig those two. It's not like they really had much of a choice though. They used to complain they didn't get to pick the music. I said, OK, you can pick from 'THAT' case. Of course 'THAT' case only contained Rush CD's. They began to really like them once I told them to keep quiet long enough to actually listen to the words and understand what the song was about. I made it like a captive music appreciation class.

Of course, being young and generally silly, they also wanted to play "Dog Years" and "I Think I'm Going Bald" but, I wouldn't let them go there. I told them you had to be a Professional Rush Fan to appreciate those. biggrin.gif

laugh.gif

I think that's great. Smart girls! (Though, Dog Years, haha... give it some time I guess.) trink39.gif

QUOTE (toonz @ Apr 11 2008, 11:20 AM)
Some of you need to relax... You build up in your mind what the perfect setlist will be. You read a quote about a "revamped" setlist and your imaginations kick into overdrive. It is what it is. They did what, 80 shows last year and they are doing another 40 this year! THIS YEAR!! We don't have to wait another 3-4 years to see them again. We get to see them again in a few days or weeks depending on which show you go to.

For those asking if we shelled out big money to see them multiple times on the last leg: You paid how much money to see them 3 or 4 times and traveled hundreds of miles to see what? That's correct, the SAME 3 OR 4 SHOWS!!! You saw the same setlist multiple times last leg and you weren't bitching. You were saying how cool it was. Now, because you bought into the hype of rumors, you're pissed because they only swapped a couple of songs.

I'm just happy I get to see them again. No matter what songs they play. If you're pissed about the set list, I need 2 center section tickets up close for milwaukee. I'll trade you my section 6 seats.

It's RUSH everyone. Reading some of these comments, it's no wonder people think fans of Rush are stuck up...

Excellent post trink39.gif

Archived