Setlist Revealed on RIAB

hektur

From RIAB's site:

Our resident spy down in San Juan, Puerto Rico - Hemisferios - managed to listen in to Rush rehearsing for the tour last night and has a setlist for us. Major spoilers ahead. To check out the setlist continue reading below the fold. Many, many thanks to Hemisferios for getting us this information.

***** SPOILER *****

***** SPOILER *****

***** SPOILER *****

For the first part of the setlist it looks like they've swapped Ghost of a Chance for Entre Nous and old favorites Red Barchetta and The Trees for Secret Touch and Circumstances. In the second part of the show they only removed Distant Early Warning and added 2112 Overture/Temples of Syrinx. Not much of a change at all from the last tour. However, the other rumor I'd heard lately is that they'd be rotating out songs to change up the setlist on a regular basis. So we may still see something like Marathon or Jacob's Ladder (2 songs they had been rehearsing at one point) yet.

Here's the entire rehearsal setlist:

Limelight

Digital Man

Ghost Of A Chance

Mission

Freewill

The Main Monkey Business

The Larger Bowl (video intro)

Red Barchetta

The Trees

Between The Wheels

Dreamline

INTERMISSION

Far Cry (video intro)

Workin' Them Angels

Armor and Sword

Spindrift

The Way The Wind Blows

Subdivisions

Natural Science

Witch Hunt

Malignant Narcissism (drum solo)

Hope

The Spirit Of Radio

2112 (overture/the temples of syrinx)

Tom Sawyer (south park intro)

ENCORE

One Little Victory

A Passage To Bangkok

YYZ

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Hektur you just beat me to this from RIAB.

If this proves indeed to be correct then it is pretty decent and I finally get to hear some of my all time faves like LIMELIGHT, MISSION,RED BARCHETTA and NATURAL SCIENCE all in the one show. Add, GOAC parts of 2112 and Marathon/Jacob's Ladder and I think it is a fantastic setlist.

Looks like we didn't end up with them playing all the songs from one of the classic albums afer all sad.gif

See all you guys on the tour - it's gonna rock. 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (different strings @ Apr 10 2008, 05:41 AM)
Hey Hektur you just beat me to this from RIAB.

Hehe, yeah I was surprised I was the first to post it here.

The changes are pretty good, hearing The Trees will be awesome! And I hope that RIAB is right about them maybe mixing it up with diff changes maybe down the road at the Manchester show they will fit in Marathon and/or Jacobs Ladder like he said.

Yeay The Trees!! Red Barchetta!! Ghost of a Chance!! 2112!!! Damn if only I'm lucky enough to get Jacob's Ladder at my show. In one Alex radio interview, it sounded like they were going to add a song or two to the setlist without swapping out- just make the show longer. We'll find out pretty soon- tour starts tomorrow!!!!

2.gif AlexFinal.gif NeilFinal.gif GeddyFinal.gif 2.gif trink38.gif trink38.gif trink38.gif

Bit disappointing if you ask me, which, of course, you didnt...

I cant see any major reason why anyone who was wavering about whether to attend the tour this year would be convinced to part with cash IF that is what is on offer.

QUOTE (Tony R @ Apr 10 2008, 10:01 PM)

I cant see any major reason why anyone who was wavering about whether to attend the tour this year would be convinced to part with cash IF that is what is on offer.

It's because it's 2.gif touring again thats why. All up the boys will be playing something like 113 shows on the SNAKES AND ARROWS tour legs 1 and 2 and this is the second longest tour they have done since' 74 and I am sure glad to be a part of it this time around. yes.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (Tony R @ Apr 10 2008, 11:01 AM)

Ghost of a Chance and maybe 2112 would sway me, aswell as knowing how much fun I had at the shows on the 2007.

"Alex says they will play 9 songs off of S&A, a few songs they have never played live and they added a couple of other songs to the setlist."

Unless Alex doesn't remember playing Red Barchetta and The Trees before - he must have lied!

I have to admit, if this is indeed true, I'm a little bit disappointed. They should, at least, change the encore and drop "One Little Victory" and "A Passage to Bangkok", IMO.

But you know what, I bet it's still going to be a great concert.

QUOTE (darkhelmet07 @ Apr 10 2008, 07:07 AM)
So much for whoever it was that said they had great information they were playing an entire album.... ie Hemispheres, PEW, Moving Pictures??? Oh well....Still, I will enjoy the show. You never know what tomorrow will bring.

hahaha, that was crushtopher! I knew it was just a rumor. smile.gif

Before anyone gets too carried away, let's keep in mind that they're opening the tour in Puerto Rico, where they've never played before. It completely makes sense that they'd play the classics here, where less diehard fans that haven't flown to other places may not have seen classic songs like "The Trees," "Red Barchetta," and "2112" live.

I'd expect to see more changes once they come back to the US mainland.

- Trip

Ghost of a Chance will be cool!

I'm waiting to hear the "real" list tomorrow night though.

But yeah, what songs were never played live before, Alex??? Ghost was, I know beause I have a boot mp3 of it! wacko.gif

EDIT: It's funny how much hype there was around the tour and it's not turning out to be true, such as:

Touring in South America and tons of other rumored places (they're returning to most of the same spots

Revamping the setlist: not too many changes

Hmm

QUOTE (Cygnusx3 @ Apr 10 2008, 08:32 AM)
why would they drop Entre Nous for Ghost Of A Chance?!?!?!?!

ahhhh!!!!!

the rest of the set is good, but i wish we had Jacob's Ladder........

cant wait for JULY 12TH!!!!!!!!!

"Entre Nous" is a far superior song, but "Ghost of a Chance" is very good. I won't mind hearing it at all.

And I agree, I wish they would play "Jacob's Ladder"!!!!!

And "The Camera Eye"! doh.gif sarcasm.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (tripinva @ Apr 10 2008, 07:44 AM)
Before anyone gets too carried away, let's keep in mind that they're opening the tour in Puerto Rico, where they've never played before. It completely makes sense that they'd play the classics here, where less diehard fans that haven't flown to other places may not have seen classic songs like "The Trees," "Red Barchetta," and "2112" live.

I'd expect to see more changes once they come back to the US mainland.

- Trip

good point perhaps?

I like all of the changes (but I would have liked to kept "Entre Nous")

Even dropping Circumstances for The Trees is a good idea. Red Barchetta, and 2112 is in so I am happy.

I really don't mind losing Secret Touch

Factors as to why I'll LOVE this leg of the tour:

1. It's 2.gif LIVE!

2. I love the sonngs they've inserted!

3. The tour hasn't started yet- so other songs may be added.....

Thanks to RIAB, the Puerto Rican spy, and the thread starter. trink39.gif

(P.S. I'm still hoping for The Camera Eye......) 1287.gif cool10.gif 1022.gif

Cool, nothing hugely impressive or different here, sure I'm sorry I can't get to a show but it could've been far, far worst for me. What I'm shocked about is they've left One Little Victory where it was, don't they take any notice of crowd response? I have no problem with that song but you could certainly feel the negative impact it had on a lot of people.

I wish everyone who's going to a show a great time, which I know you'll have and what did I say, told ya they wouldn't play Hemispheres.

QUOTE (Cygnusx3 @ Apr 10 2008, 01:32 PM)
why would they drop Entre Nous for Ghost Of A Chance?!?!?!?!

ahhhh!!!!!

the rest of the set is good, but i wish we had Jacob's Ladder........

cant wait for JULY 12TH!!!!!!!!!

My birthday? Why ya got a big surprise arranged for me? laugh.gif

Archived